The Merchant of Merseto (minor spoilers)

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
DBZMagus

The Merchant of Merseto (minor spoilers)

Post by DBZMagus »

Was anybody else really annoyed that we didn't get to kill this guy? Considering he brutally beat and then killed a little kid for basically no reason, I thought for sure we'd be running into him again later on in the story to punish him properly. But no, after the battle he runs off and we never see or hear from him again. As far as we know, he gets away with it.

On another note, as soon as Kyril leaves, the surviving boy is approached by another merchant, who offers him work. I thought that was meant to signify a happy ending, but apparently he was immediately sold into slavery or something because we see him as a fish monster in the next battle, and kill him. Those boys have got to be the unluckest Suikoden characters ever.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

well i'm sorry but it's a painful reminder that the suikoden world isn't a land of milk and honey. Tragedies will happen. Same thing with other games. Suikoden fans should be use to these sad plot events.
Ted gets killed in suiko1.
Pohl got killed by Luca in suiko2.
Lulu gets killed in suiko3.
umm a boy is a victim of the RoP in suiko4.
These poor kids sadly murdered in Tactics.

Kids get killed in these games. Sorry.
Strategy is the key to victory!
DBZMagus

Post by DBZMagus »

Point taken. However, the people responsible for the deaths of Ted, Pohl, and Lulu (Windy, Luca, Luc, Sarah, and Lulu himself) are all killed in their respective games. It's not that I have a problem with the idea of two kids getting killed, it just didn't sit right with me that Kyril and his group allowed the murderer to escape without ANY form of punishment.
Raftrider

Post by Raftrider »

Dude! I had forgotten all about that fat tub of goo! Perhaps there's a side quest to smoke his ass? I hardly bothered with them when I played through Tactics.
Buff

Post by Buff »

no there is no side quests for that.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

he could have changed into the Bounty Hunter in the ambush at the Terana Plains. But I think they're just re-using character models there.
Strategy is the key to victory!