Official Site FAQ Translated

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Official Site FAQ Translated

Post by dragonmasterx »

Source: http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/rhapsodia/faq.html

Data Transfer
-Load a Suikoden IV save with 108 stars to be able to recruit HeroIV and Snowe.
-Some dialogue for certain events will change.
*The file doesn't have to be a clear save.

Control During Event Scenes
-Skip text with 'x.'
-Repeatedly tapping 'x' can cancel event motions.
-There are situation where cancelling is not possible during movement of characters or the camera.
-After the second week, event scenes can be completely skipped by pressing 'start.'

Battle Control
-Pressing 'circle' skips the wait time for effusion icons, and pre-calculation of battle results.
(I'm not sure what wait time is being referred to here.)

Relationship Level
-Raising this increases the range and probability of occurrence of support actions.

Obel Ruins
-Defeat does not result in a game over; instead, the player is returned to Obel Kingdom.
In that case, fallen comrades and consumed items will not return, so be cautious.

Differences Between "Retry and "Don't Give Up"
-In losing a battle and choosing "don't give up," experience gained prior to losing will be carried over when restarting the battle.
In this case, fallen comrades and consumed items will recover.
-Choosing "retry" during the midst of battle restarts the battle under the same conditions; meaning allies and items will return to normal and any EXP gained in that battle before restarting will be lost.
Last edited by dragonmasterx on Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

First and foremost, thanks.

Secondly, I guess this means that the characters you listed earlier only permanently die in the Obel ruins but not in other areas?

Also, I know you said that the Obel Ruins dungeon was challenging, but what about regular battles? Have they become challenging yet or are they still as easy as a drunken blonde?
I hope everything is going delicious.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

I'm not really sure how permanent character death works. So far, it seems kind of random to me. I'm pretty sure critical story characters can't permanently die though.

So far, regular battles are easier. I imagine you can just bring along all story characters and have all but one die and still win battles like that. But that's not very fun. Keeping everyone alive takes some thought.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Ah, sounds interesting.

Edit: Good point, Jowy.
Last edited by Angelis_Taleria on Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I wonder if you should ask that here. I mean, that's border-line spoilage. I imagine that gameplay questions that would require spoilers in the answer would be asked in the Plot and Setting Questions Forum, if I'm not mistaken.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Official Site FAQ Translated

Post by patapi »

dragonmasterx wrote:Differences Between "Retry and "Don't Give Up"
-In losing a battle and choosing "don't give up," experience gained prior to losing will be carried over when restarting the battle.
In this case, fallen comrades and consumed items will recover.
Question time.

Do "fallen comrades will recover" include those who died in the lost battle or only those who had withdrawn?
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Everyone returns.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the repeatedly press X to skip scenes does not seem to work. i did find that Triangle will end someone's talking and move on to the next text box (so it'll sound like you're jumping around a movie on your computer)