SUIKODEN TACTICS IS OUT TODAY! {novemeber 9th}

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

Oppenheimer wrote:and keep the word Rhapsodia, I mean as if "Suikoden" isn't already hard to say. . .
i thought the answer to that was obvious. i mean we're all hardcore fans obviously, but there are definitely some much more avid ones out there that don't check out info on new games and so on. so they might see it at a store one day and go "Oh, a new suikoden game." you know?

anyway, i got it today. played it for a good 30 minutes and liked it somewhat. i still don't like the voice acting, but there's not a game i can remember where i liked the voice acting... so whatever.
Eikei

Post by Eikei »

What's the main differences between the normal game and Tatics? Is Tatics more war based rather than individually based?
The definition of amateur is one who is motivated by love, rather than money.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

They could have at least kept the Rhapsodia name in the title. Suikoden: Rhapsodia, maybe?

I'm really not enjoying the kinds of comparison that RPG players are making between this and FFT, because of the Tactics name.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

It's like Final Fantasy versus Final Fatasy Tactics. It's all strategy battles with menus for towns and things otherwise.

Edit: well that's ironic based on the above post. . .
Please note I've never played Final Fantasy Tactics so I can't really compare.
Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

Well, I thought the reason it was just called "Rhapsodia" was because it wasn't an offical suikoden. However, the American markets wanted to capitalize on the mass, cult-like fandom of the series, hence, putting the "Suikoden" back in the title. As for the "Tactics" part, I think they were just, like previously said, informing you what kind of game this is (aka. why it's seperate from the others). And putting all three together ("Suikoden Rhapsodia: Tactics" or "Suikoden Tactics: Rhapsodia") doesn't exactly roll off the tongue >.<
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

as I play through ive noticed alot of simmilarities to FFT, but theres alot more new stuff that tactics dosn't have and overall I just LOVE this game, I just found out some really cool information about the tree and how the rune cannons were made and how the tree is connected to them, very cool indeed, the battles actually make you think, I have failed a battle at leats once before I can figure out a good strategy, and when I do figure things out I get a low rank because I took too long, this is great! what challenge! so much variety! I only wish the graphics were better and that there were some nice cinema cut scenes like suikoden 4 had

This game better not get the"it copied off of final fantasy tactics" rep :x
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

I think we may already be getting some of that.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

I plan on getting this game tomorrow. I can't wait! :D

One question though, is Suiko Tactics user friendly. I have never played an SRPG before and I was just wondering if it's open for new players into the startegy genre.
Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

RageRune wrote:I plan on getting this game tomorrow. I can't wait! :D

One question though, is Suiko Tactics user friendly. I have never played an SRPG before and I was just wondering if it's open for new players into the startegy genre.
Well, it's not exactly the most user friendly SRPG I've ever played, but it's no where near the worst. You should be fine as long as you pay attention and read the help menus. It's not that bad to get the hang of, just don't expect to get any S rankings for a little while >.<
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

^ Oh okay. I'm pretty good with getting the hang of things so I'm sure I'll be alright. :)
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Yay! I got my copy today. I've only played the first 3 chapters and I only have 2 complaints. The voice actors aren't the same, which kinda stinks, and it doesn't look like a PS2 game. It looks more like a Gameboy game to me since the graphics so far aren't great and the characters are so small and cell-shaded. Meh, I'll just deal with it though.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:Yay! I got my copy today. I've only played the first 3 chapters and I only have 2 complaints. The voice actors aren't the same, which kinda stinks, and it doesn't look like a PS2 game. It looks more like a Gameboy game to me since the graphics so far aren't great and the characters are so small and cell-shaded. Meh, I'll just deal with it though.
No! Long live Suikoden Sprites!

And I belive most of the Voice Actors are the same from 4. At least most of the one's I've met by now. Sometimes, for the "younger" versions, there's an alteration, but that seems to be about it >.< I plan to look this up, actually, because some of these Voice Actors are great! (some stink, but, meh, you can't win em all).
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Before the confrontation with Steele, everyone is younger, 7 years younger, so , naturally, they have younger voices. I'm sure you're referring to young Hervey and Sigurd. Both of them were 18 at the time, so perhaps puberty hadn't finished with them yet, or something equally as crazy. I don't know nor care. I'm just glad I don't have to hear their young versions talk ever again.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:Before the confrontation with Steele, everyone is younger, 7 years younger, so , naturally, they have younger voices. I'm sure you're referring to young Hervey and Sigurd. Both of them were 18 at the time, so perhaps puberty hadn't finished with them yet, or something equally as crazy. I don't know nor care. I'm just glad I don't have to hear their young versions talk ever again.
Ah ha ha. I'm in TOTAL agreement with you there. If you remember my previous post about "wanting to punch previously beloved characters in the mouth"? Yah, I was talking about them >.<