(Suikoden) Medicine Rune question

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
KoboldsRule

(Suikoden) Medicine Rune question

Post by KoboldsRule »

Not sure where else to put this since it covers all four Genso titles, so I settled for here.

What exactly does the Medicine Rune do? I've never seen it react during battle and haven't really noticed whether it does anything between battles, so is it really of any use? If it heals after fights, I may as well save that slot for a rune I can use and simply take along a lot of Herbs or a Healer for support, depending on the game.
<tba>
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

It grants the bearer the ability to automatically use medicine on an ally whose HP dwindles below 20%.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Do you have to have the medicine already in your bag or does it make it's own?
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

it just automatically heals the person who loses 20% of his/her hp

no real medicine is involved
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

son_michael wrote:it just automatically heals the person who loses 20% of his/her hp

no real medicine is involved
Are you sure? I thought you had to have medicine in your inventory for it to function.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

ive never heard of that.. you might be right then, I always thought that the rune heals with its power, not with medicine, but..then again I usually always carry medicine with me so.. I dont know, I never noticed medicine missing from my inventory
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

son_michael wrote:ive never heard of that.. you might be right then, I always thought that the rune heals with its power, not with medicine, but..then again I usually always carry medicine with me so.. I dont know, I never noticed medicine missing from my inventory
ya i remember that i had less medicine when i used that rune
i think it does take medicine from your inventory
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Not sure with Suikoden III or IV, but in Suikoden II, the character must definitely equip medicines.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Mercantir

Post by Mercantir »

Not sure with Suikoden III or IV, but in Suikoden II, the character must definitely equip medicines
You most definitely have to in III, but unlike II (I think) you can equip them during battle at the price of a turn. In IV, you have access to the items inventory

I haven't used the rune in IV, but in II and III, it takes the medicine from your inventory, it's not an all-powerful healing rune--I think, at the cost of a turn, too.
There is a rune that does heal x amount per turn, I believe, but it's a paltry amount. eh?
Who copyrighted the copyright symbol?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

You could equip medicine from your bag in II.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The rune that you are thinking of, Mercantir, would be the Sunbeam Rune. Also, it doesn't cost a turn to use the rune, otherwise it'd be exactly the same as just using a medicine, except in extreme circumstances; the rune activates automatically.
Mercantir

Post by Mercantir »

Jowy Atreides wrote:The rune that you are thinking of, Mercantir, would be the Sunbeam Rune. Also, it doesn't cost a turn to use the rune, otherwise it'd be exactly the same as just using a medicine, except in extreme circumstances; the rune activates automatically.
Ah, I see--I think I've used the rune all of once, in III, so I was just going off paltry memory. Sorry~
You could equip medicine from your bag in II.
...Could you really? Then is it III that you can't? For some reason, I definitely remember being in a bind during battle, and not having anything to heal with. Or am I just making this up out of thin air?
Who copyrighted the copyright symbol?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

your probably thinking of suikoden 3's item system
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

son_michael wrote:your probably thinking of suikoden 3's item system
No, if you have an empty item slot during battle you can move an item, such as medicine, from your bag into that empty slot. This, of course, takes a turn to do.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yeah I know

he probably didn't have any empty item slot, and so he couldn't take it out of the bag