Please Jog My Memory!!

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Young Master

Please Jog My Memory!!

Post by Young Master »

OK i decided to boot up my 'ole Suikoden again when I find I'm around level 56 and saved in the castle. I quite remember me beating the game so I head to Gregminster where I find I have to beat the final boss...

My question is: When you beat this boss and you replay the game, does it load from your last load spot or something different?
Y...Young Master...always...follow you heart. That is my first...and last...request.
- Gremio
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Re: Please Jog My Memory!!

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Young Master wrote:OK i decided to boot up my 'ole Suikoden again when I find I'm around level 56 and saved in the castle. I quite remember me beating the game so I head to Gregminster where I find I have to beat the final boss...

My question is: When you beat this boss and you replay the game, does it load from your last load spot or something different?
I am unsure of what you're asking exactly, so

If you're asking about uploading data into Suikoden 2 from Suikoden 1 then save at the last save spot in Gregminster

If you're asking if Suikoden I has a new game + option, then no.

If you're asking if there's a chance to start a new game at the last save spot in Gregminster, then no.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I think he's asking, if you beat the game and reload your file, where does it reload from. And the answer to that is wherever you last saved your game.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Young Master

Post by Young Master »

OK... so my understanding is that even though you beat the boss, the game won't know that next time you load?
Y...Young Master...always...follow you heart. That is my first...and last...request.
- Gremio
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Young Master wrote:OK... so my understanding is that even though you beat the boss, the game won't know that next time you load?
when you beat the final boss that is it. You could save before the boss but not after the game.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

there is no save after the final boss save, why would there be? there is no new game+

the only thing you can do with the final boss save is load it into suikoden 2, otherwise save points serve no other purpose in this game other than saving your progress
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Are you talking about when you beat the game does it let you save. Because I know some games ask you if you would like to save your progress after the game because all the items you have are transferred, so when you play the game again you have many strong items. I think Suikoden 3 lets you do that I can't remember. But if I am right then the answer is no, there is no way you can save after suikoden 1
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The only game so far that has had a "New Game+" feature is Suikoden IV.