Level ???

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
YubersNightRune

Level ???

Post by YubersNightRune »

What level should Pahn be when fighting teo 1 vs 1?What should he have thanks :!:
http://www.BodyBuilding.com Is all that you need!
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I would recommend at least level 30, the best armour available, the highest attainable weapon level at that point, and make sure he has full HP. The duel is set up to be hard (well, not once you're used to it after a few playthroughs) so good luck.

Also, try GameFAQs for a list of Teo's attack speeches if you're still having any trouble. It will tell you what action he'll perform depending on what he says.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

I was always around level 30, maybe even 33. Just train around Soniere Prison and Scarleticia. You should equip him with the best equipment available, even take some off Tir for the time being, he won't be needed it for this part.

Edit: Lemmy Claypool beat me to it.
YubersNightRune

Is level 34 ok? :?:
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

YubersNightRune wrote:Is level 34 ok? :?:
Level 34 will be fine.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Definitely.

Edit: And again.
YubersNightRune

:lol: LOL :lol:
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I think the best armor at this point is the Ninja Suit. Make sure you get your hands on it.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

make sure to keep a save too, your probably gonna die quite a bit
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

Its not that hard...

Once I realized that you could save pahn I stopped leaving him on lvl 10 or whatever and since then I've never lost the duel in countless playthroughs.

I go to Soniere prison with just him and the hero, and use the hero's lvl 2 soul eater to wipe the enemies out. This will level Pahn higher/faster.
Sasarai is cute

Post by Sasarai is cute »

The only problem in this duel is that Teo sometimes get "stuck" in the same pattern and refuses to use anything but "attack" and slowly kills off Pahn without Pahn ever being able to strike back.

Actually Teo's "desperate attack" and "defence" speeches aren't that hard to figure out, even when you're not used to them.

Only attack him when he defends and defend against all of his attacks.
A desperate attack from Teo will kill you with one blow and a normal attack will take out abut 40%-50% of your health, if you don't defend against it, then it will take about 1/10 of your health or something like that.

I THINK the key to making Teo attack in a normal manner and not going into the "is defending yourself all you can do?" monotone pattern, is to ATTACK him when he defends. If you don't use this opportunitites and keep defending when you have a free shot at him, then he might "lock" onto the standard attacks, never giving you a chance to hurt him. That happened to me a few times, it's really frustrating.

This is one thing that really added to the replay value the first time. Pahn wasn't never any favorite character of mine so I didn't use him much AND I thought that stats during the one-on-one duels were fixed and not your characters actual stats.
So the first time I played the game, I thought Pahn had to loose the duel with Teo.
Those who fear dying deserves death.