Variation during re-playthroughs

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Sasarai is cute

Variation during re-playthroughs

Post by Sasarai is cute »

I would like to have your suggestions on how to make Suikoden 1 and 2 the most varied during new playthroughs. I am unfortunately a little static, and when I find an effective method I hardly stray from it.

Anything from using unique combination of characters, extremely effective and unusual ways to defeat certain bosses ultra-fast, getting rare items or recruiting various characters in a different order, creating super characters or anything.

It doesn't have to be the most effective methods. I want variation and fun and I want to try different things.

Give me your favorite ways of adding new spice to these old games.
Those who fear dying deserves death.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

isnt there already a thread like this? I believe its a sticky in the suikoden 2 board, "ways to make suikoden 2 more challenging" I think thats what the thread is called

check that thread for awsome ideas to make the game more challenging
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

son_michael wrote:isnt there already a thread like this? I believe its a sticky in the suikoden 2 board, "ways to make suikoden 2 more challenging" I think thats what the thread is called

check that thread for awsome ideas to make the game more challenging
Maybe give him a link first right? It's rather hard to find threads once they falls of this first page.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

The thread is stickied in the S2 forum. It won't fall off the page.
Kirke

Post by Kirke »

It's sticky, so it's automatically on the first page, but here's the link you're talking about:

Make SII more challenging

It only really applies to Suikoden II, though.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Ohh well then, Lets lock this one down!
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Sasarai is cute wanted to ask how to make Suikoden I less static as well. Although it is true that Suikoden II has a thread for that already Suikoden I doesn't. Therefore, as long as you stick to discussing Suikoden I variations, there isn't a need to lock this thread.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

then this thread should be stickied in 1, and everybody should make suggestions to make 1 harder just like 2s sticky
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

There are two that I have tried that spring to mind:

1) Complete the game using the least people possible in your party at all times - this makes some parts hard, especially Sharazade bosses with just the Hero and Viktor.

2) Complete the game getting the least people possible - Let everyone who can die die, try to kill your people in major battles, dont recruit anyone you dont have to etc...