Looking at the screens...

Closed with the release.
Sazar

Psp?

Post by Sazar »

I believe it's coming out for Psp first, and the screens look terrible...
I've never been a fan of Tactics games...I seriously doubt I will buy this.

I work at the GameStop, so I will get to try it out for free...But I'll probably rent it for a few days and get tired the first and turn it back in.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

read about Rhapsodia first and look at the official website before comming to the conclusion that the game will suck, from what ive seen, the grahics look amazing{I love how the wind blows the blades of grass while your fighting} and you will be able to upload date form 4 to unlock secrets AND the skill system from s3 is back

Im betting Rhgapsodia is gonna be a HUGE hit with us suikoden fans, I just hope all the new fans that were dissapointed with suikoden 4 dont write this 1 off because they thought 4 was bad

is there any word if the 6 parties have returned or will it still be 4 only?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

The exact number of characters allowed in battle is unknown as of yet, but it's safe to say it'llbe over 4 since it's a SRPG and this kind of talk is best suited for the other Rhapsodia threads since this one is only for information, rather than conversation.
I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I know..sorry it was just something I thought of while responding to sazars post
HiroRao

Post by HiroRao »

So far the most characters seen on the battle field at once would be six. I'm ofcourse refearing to the battle on the backstreets of Razirl. Weather there will be more than six, possibly if there are uncontrollable units that join you from time to time, but I think six will be the max.
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

And I think six is plenty anyways. Any more than that and someone is likely to be unnecessary or just a pain to keep track of all of them.

Anyways, Rhaps looks really good. I'm excited for it. :)
Tensatsu Star

Post by Tensatsu Star »

If you have the Rhapsodia_tentou2 file in your computer, look carefully in one of the scenes. If you pause between 2:23 and 2:24 during the trailer and count the blue circle below the characters, there is a possibility that you can use eight people in your party.
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

In Vandal Hearts 2 you were always against the odds. If you made all of your characters press forward and had a slugfest with the enemy some of them wouldn't last long if the enemies ganged up on them. You are always outnumbered by enemies. If you haven't played the Vandal Hearts series then it might be a good idea to do before playing Rhapsodia, they will be the most similar SRPGs.

With games like these you have to anticipate the opponents moves, the enemy usually like to hit your character in the back if they can, I always enjoyed barging an enemy out of the way with a heavier character to save an ally from being hit by a moving enemy and also get a hit in on the enemy.

The number of characters would depend on the gameplay time. More characters usually join later on and become part of your team. You will always welcome them as you will need to split them into groups and gang up on enemies to get them out of the way fast before they become a problem. There are also support characters that might only appear in certain stages, or objectives like saving an ally who is at the other end of the battlefield.

In fact I might be a bit rusty. I'll play Vandal Hearts 1 and 2 again in preparation for Rhapsodia.
Sasarai is cute

Post by Sasarai is cute »

Suikoden Tactics looks GREAT and, I really mean it.

To me this will be the much needed patch to Suikoden 4. The way Suikoden 4 should have looked and played out from the beginning.

After I watched the trailer on http://www.suikox.com I was convinced that this game will rock.
Even the music tracks from Suikoden 4 felt right this time. It was nice to hear the battle music from that game.

The characters appearence are nicer and more stylish, typically japanese, and the "bleached" graphical style of Suikoden 4 has been given a much needed dash of colour.
The character portraits, the sound effects, the smoothness of the graphics, the music, it all seems great.
I just hope the voice actors do a better job this time. Not as much over-dramatizing.
Suikoden 4 was just bad, bad acting from many of the voice actors.

Hopefully this will put everything back together and set the course for Suikoden 5.
I look forward to revisiting the Island Nations, this time, my stay will be enjoyable and I will make peace with Lino and the other idiots from S4.

Tactics looks awesome. I can't WAIT!
Those who fear dying deserves death.