Recruitment Problem (NEED ANSWER ASAP)

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
ViktoryCastle

Recruitment Problem (NEED ANSWER ASAP)

Post by ViktoryCastle »

I am playing SII and I go to the part after Two River and the Game Guide says after that part to go ahead and recruit Mamumuka (or whichever one it is). I accidently talked to Shu and started the Mission to Greenhill and couldn't meet the requirements to get the Squirrel. I soft reseted and realized that I had saved after starting the mission. Do you know if I will be able to get the Squirrel later? And is there a time limit on ANY character other than Clive to meet Elza?
Red Killey
Elite Member

Re: Recruitment Problem (NEED ANSWER ASAP)

Post by Red Killey »

ViktoryCastle wrote: Do you know if I will be able to get the Squirrel later? And is there a time limit on ANY character other than Clive to meet Elza?
Yes, you can get the squirrels later on. There's no time limit for recruiting squirrels. You can only not recruit them when you're in the middle of a mission that would make all SoDs disappear for a while. You can then recruit again once you've finished the mission.

And no, there's no time limit whatsoever in the game other than for Clive sidequest.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
ViktoryCastle

thanks

Post by ViktoryCastle »

Thank you man. The part where you told me there is no time limits on anyone was EXTREMELY useful, but shortly after I posted this I finished the Greenhill mission. Then I got all the squirrels except the last one. In the walkthrough on Suikosource, it says "fight in the clearing under the forest village, and after several battles he will join you". By "several" is it random or a few battles? Cause I have done a bunch of battles.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

It's the large clearing that is just a little south east of Forest Village.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Red Killey
Elite Member

Re: thanks

Post by Red Killey »

ViktoryCastle wrote:Thank you man. The part where you told me there is no time limits on anyone was EXTREMELY useful, but shortly after I posted this I finished the Greenhill mission. Then I got all the squirrels except the last one. In the walkthrough on Suikosource, it says "fight in the clearing under the forest village, and after several battles he will join you". By "several" is it random or a few battles? Cause I have done a bunch of battles.
Just have a look http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=138 it's all there. And you don't even have to be in a random battle to recruit squirrels. Last but not least, it is purely random that squirrels joined you. So it might take 10 minutes, but it might also take 5 hours. Who knows. It's random.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
linkerman88

Post by linkerman88 »

U must recuit futch and haumphrey when u are at the rockaxe mission ...
BlueMoonRune... Shine ur Etenal Light upon the Weaklings ...
Duke

Post by Duke »

you can still get the squirrels there just rare to find.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Duke wrote:you can still get the squirrels there just rare to find.
Not neccessarily, I've always found Makumaku and Mikumiku really easy to get, they always appear almost instantaniously for me. Mekumeku usually takes just a little longer than them, too. Mokumoku is the problem squirrell. Not only are Richmond's clues too vague (as there's a clearing directly below Forest Village aswell as the one you're supposed to walk in) but he always takes the longest to appear. For me, at least.
weird_name_lah

Post by weird_name_lah »

There has been a speculation on Mokumoku on the Five Flying Squirells thread. Basically, it remains fact that chance of getting Mokumoku is random while several people find it much easier to get him at the clearing below forest village.