Jimba *SPOILER*

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
weird_name_lah

Jimba *SPOILER*

Post by weird_name_lah »

I don't get it. Actually does Jimba kept the true rune inside his body all along or does he kept it in Cyndar Ruin at a certain time? And if he did extract the rune out, how did he do it? I didn't try using Chris as Flame Chapion so I missed out the story on Jimba.

Oh yeah, I also don't get how the True Fire Rune can become uncontrollable 50 years ago... I mean, the rune was in Flame Champion's right hand right?
Genso

Post by Genso »

If I recall correctly, Jimba's True Water Rune was never kept at the Cyndar Ruins. The True Fire Rune was the only one. Geddoe had his own kept with himself, so it seems perfectly normal.

I don't know if I'm reading your post right, but I think you're asking how the True Fire Rune went crazy when it was in possession by the Flame Champion... I believe there is no clear indication ever that any rune is 100% controllable by its owner. I think time after time there has been cases where the rune is much more powerful than the owner (especially in the case of True Runes) and the owner cannot control it completely. I don't think I've ever personally heard anything special about the ability to control the rune completely with the right hand... ???
flame_champ

Post by flame_champ »

The rune went crazy when the FB were being attacked by the Harmonian army. The FC got overwhelmed by emotions and the rune went crazy. It wiped out harmonia's army and the fire bringers too.

BTW: I don't think the hand in which the rune is in matters...
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Well, the right and left hands do bear significance in many symbolism. The right hand is believed to be associated with justice and righteousness while the left hand is believed to be associated with evil and wickedness. I think the hand in which a user bears a True Rune does show some significance as to what the True Rune's nature is. But, that's just my speculation.

And Jimba had the True Water Rune on his person the whole time, he just used the Sindar Ruins and the sacrifice as two methods of sealing it's powers, similar to how the Flame Champion sealed the True Fire Rune.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Actually, Jimba sealed half of his True Water Rune at the Cyndar Ruin. That way he nor anyone else couldn't use or track it, while he would still have eternal youth.

There were 2 seals on the door. I believe one was Cyndarian in nature, while the other was from Grassland. The water seal in Alma Kinan was used as a lock for the door until Jimba had to open it again. (By way of sacrificing Yun) Who knows what the ceremony was to put the seal on there, in the first place.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Harukaze

Post by Harukaze »

I rather believed it more to be accurate that Jimba sealed the Rune within himself, but placed the -foci- of said seal at the Ruins and Alma Kinan, respectively.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I need some clarification on the statement by Ced the Lad. So, Jimba used the same procedure that Windy and Leknaat used to split his True Rune in half? Does anyone know where this was stated or said? Not saying that you are wrong, Ced, just want to have some clarification because that could allow for some interesting theories about other characters in the series.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

It's very complicated. He didn't SPLIT the rune like The Gate Rune. He sealed half of it. It's still one rune, but it seems like half of it's powers are locked. There's a difference, although it sounds confusing indeed.

This was shown in the manga, which is fact checked by Konami. Aki Shimizu has some creative freedom to do what she wants (Like splitting the deployment of the Harmonian Army) but when it comes to major plots like this, it must remain true to the story.

SARS brief comment on the situation
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Oh ok, so I was correct that he did seal the True Water Rune with the Alma Kinan girl, Yuna, and the Sindar Ruin but still had the whole True Water Rune with him the entire time. And the ice was everywhere because the seal was prematurely broken before Jimba could properly release the seal. Basically, Luc's interferrence disturbed the proper removal of the seal and led to the True Water Rune reacting wildly.
Sierra

Post by Sierra »

I don't think Jimba's rune was kept in Sindar. If it was, then how did he live that long without growing older? It was in his hand.
Credit goes to "lucreborn" for my previous avatar.
"Judgement of Lorelai" for my current one!
Thanks both =)
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Alright, I'll elaborate.

Half of the True Water Rune's powers were sealed in the Sindar Ruin. This half was the powers itself, so the Howling Voice Guild (the real translation of Roaring Brotherhood) and their assasins couldn't find him. The Sindar Ruin was locked by Sindarian magic and Alma Kinan Magic.

The other half which is unsealed is the part that gives him eternal youth. We didn't even think this sort of thing was possible until the manga confirmed it.
kenobi

Post by kenobi »

weird eh?why must he seal his rune?why not keep it like geddoe?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

kenobi wrote:weird eh?why must he seal his rune?why not keep it like geddoe?
This is mostly because Jimba was being hunted, and Geddoe was not. They conquered his country, but they never pursued the True Lightning Rune any further than that. Well, Luc did, but that's pretty obvious.

Wyatt, on the other hand, was being hunted by agents from the Howling Voice Guild, and he had to find some way to hide from them. This was probably to throw The Destroyers off his trail for a time in S3, as well.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenobi

Post by kenobi »

so those agents from the howling voice guild is after him because of the true water rune??boy..those harmonian..they sure want everything..