[FAQ] Just to be sure: I can't load an S3 saved game?

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Hugh Betcha

[FAQ] Just to be sure: I can't load an S3 saved game?

Post by Hugh Betcha »

Is this the first game in the Suikoden series (aside from 1, of course) where you're not able to load your data from the previous game?

All my work getting 108s and saving people in the previous games... gone?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Yep, no data transferr!
WatcherZero

Post by WatcherZero »

You could ask though how events frrom the future will influence the past, there are a few charachters that have been around that long, but otherwise everyone is born well after this and likewise ao too are the events.
Lechium

Post by Lechium »

Viki comes to S4 after events of S3, so that cudl constitute data transfere.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

doesn't matter about making sense, you could have it if you wanted to make it more fun for people who played the previous games. even a few bonus items like you find in Suikoden III would make people happy! but of course, the more useful they are, the more happy....
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

I wouldn't be so quick to delete the SIII file though. You may need it for a future installment! ;)
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Well, the reason why she's in the past is because she messed up in her blinking magic. I love how the managed to make her cuteness/hotness factor in this game, when she first appeared I nearly fainted. Same reaction towards Jeane.
Gorudo

Post by Gorudo »

Viki ages mentally in reverse, and since she was clearly more intelligent in 4 than she was in 3, it's safe to assume she didn't come from 3.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Gorudo wrote:Viki ages mentally in reverse
Incorrect.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Well from what I heard Viki's blinking magic is messed up, she can't do it right sometimes so she ends up warping in time. Ever notice how she hasn't aged at all in Suikoden III even though it takes place 15 years after II? Viki from IV is pretty much Viki after the events of III.
Turin Turambar

Post by Turin Turambar »

That's possibly true. It's also possible that she was in Suikoden 1 first, then 5, then 9, then 2, then 7, then 3, then 8, then 4, then 6. Who knows!
Give me a story with cursed and tragic heroes, and I'll follow to my death.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

actually she goes from 1 to 2 to 3, and probably from 3 to 4, but can't really tell. but the first 3 are definite, because she was celebrating with the previous 108 just before she blinked to 2, and same as 3
Blasphemy000

Post by Blasphemy000 »

What if she split herself?

Code: Select all

,-----,
    2     3   (2 Viki's!)
  ,---, ,---,
  4   ? ?   ?  (4 Viki's!)
Poor girl must be a basketcase....
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

I dont care what anyone says lol viki has a True rune. Ever notice how every normal rune has a true ruen

ie

water, flowing- True water
earth, motherearth - True Earth
Shield rune- Bright shield rune

probably vikis

Blinking Rune- True Blinking Rune or time rune or some thing. And according to an actual legend only worlocks and sorceresses can blink. not sure if in chinese legend but ive read books. But ya she has to have a true rune and everytime i email Konami they say Maybe cant give out that info so what does that tell you

P.S this thread is going off topic
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Umm, the Dragon Rune, Beast Rune, Sovereign Rune, Night Rune and Blue Moon Rune seem to have no lesser rune, so I'd say that it probably isn't safe to assume that all True Runes have a lesser rune. Also, we have not seen a possible lesser rune for the Rune of Punishment.

Sorry to nitpick, but I'm just saying that it's possible that the blinking rune is just a personal rune for Viki and it's possible that more than one can hold it just like Stallion was believed to be the only one with the Godspeed Rune. If we go by that logic we would have to say that Jeane's charm rune is possibly the lesser rune of the True Charm Rune..which is possible.

Also, the Night Rune seemed to allow blinking ability, as well. So, she doesn't really have to have a True Rune. Konami is always quite close-mouthed about releasing information about their series especially about that type of information. They wouldn't email such information that they would rather show in their games. Sorry for the detailed responses, I'm just giving a difference of opinion.