Who Names The Heroes?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Rhage Solace

Who Names The Heroes?

Post by Rhage Solace »

This is something I've wondered about for awhile. It didn't matter much in Suikoden 3, everyone had names, but who decided the names Tir McDohl and Riou? Now that Suikoden 4 is out, what will be the accepted name?
koolcblue

Post by koolcblue »

Actually they were never decided for the games they were decided for the novels. The heros needed a name so these are not for the game, but it makes me, and others, feel good to have something "semi-offical" to name their character, headquarters, and army.

As for who invents these names I would guess that it would probably be the "Genso Team". I had never heard about it before until Blue Moon (SARSadmin) told me... but they come up with everything Suikoden related, I believe (please correct me if i'm wrong).

I do not believe any novels have been released pertaining to Suikoden IV and so no names would be released yet. I might be wrong though a novel may have been released recently, I think the last one was 15, which was about Suikoden III.
Last edited by koolcblue on Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-- CML --

Those Silverberg's always coming over unannouced...
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Similarly it was the same "Genso Team" who emphasized that they didn't give our heroes a default name because they want us to give a name instead. The novel names were given to those characters simply because the authors needed a name to work with (just like how we name our characters when we start a new game).

It's in no way the 'default' name.
koolcblue

Post by koolcblue »

I don't know to much about this (as you might be able to tell from my previous post) so I have some questions to add:

1. Are the Genso Shinshos created by the Genso Team? If not who else because I had the impression that that created the novels as well, because the authors were part of the Genso Team?

2. Genso Shinshos are more like novels, right? So why are they called a magazine? I've always called them 'novels' but I've read that they are actually magazines.

EDIT: NOW it lets me edit this... grrrr.... oh well (see below)

EDIT 2: Thanks for deleating my stupid rant below :roll:
Last edited by koolcblue on Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
-- CML --

Those Silverberg's always coming over unannouced...
Joel

Post by Joel »

I always name my hero "Joel" in every game, so in my version of the Suikoden universes, if there is a teenager who's a mute and is the leader of an army then you know who's going to win.

Edit by Red Killey: Please read the content of the topic. It's not asking what you name your hero is.