[Guide] EXP mechanics and other ways to level up

KFCrispy
Global Admin

[Guide] EXP mechanics and other ways to level up

Post by KFCrispy »

I don't have any numbers for a formula, but when you use a reduced party size AND/OR have KO'd characters at the end of battle, the remaining characters will get more EXP compared to defeating the same enemy group with a full party.

In this game we also can find a Growth Badge that increases EXP by 20% for the party. Later on, there is an Ascent Badge does increases it by more, as well as a support character who adds a multiplier as well. These tools, as well as the reduced party size / KO'd members multipliers can result in early game monsters who jump from lv 20 to 90+ with the right strategy!

Your HQ will also add a feature that passively shares EXP with the characters sitting in HQ. Ones who are on guild missions don't seem to benefit, and neither do characters in your Attendant slots.

This game also features a challenging dungeon where you can keep fighting enemies at a higher and higher difficulty/level, and your party will level up with the challenges.

Finally, there is a respawning boss who brings characters to about level 70 before the EXP for a full party drops to small amounts.
Antimatzist

Re: EXP mechanics and other ways to level up

Post by Antimatzist »

I just started the game, but I saw there's an achievement for Nowa reaching Level 99, how would that work then?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: EXP mechanics and other ways to level up

Post by KFCrispy »

Antimatzist wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:41 am I just started the game, but I saw there's an achievement for Nowa reaching Level 99, how would that work then?
If you want to do it the "normal" way, just play the Mystery Dungeon until the end. I haven't completed it myself, but there are brand new bosses towards the end of the challenge!

Depending on where you are in the game, the idea is to get to an enemy group of 6, equip all the EXP boosters available, and have Nowa as the only survivor of the fight. One place that should work wonders is the early stages of the Mystery Dungeon. You can restart it to reroll what you'll fight. That's the general idea...