Suikoden I & II Coming to Steam, XBOXone, PS4, Switch

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
JuveLeo

Re: Suikoden I & II Coming to Steam, XBOXone, PS4, Switch

Post by JuveLeo »

Yeah, definitely. I'd rather wait than get something rushed. I also wouldn't be surprised if Konami released the remaster at the same time Eiyuden comes out lol.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

And apparently they're not even going to show anything at this year's Tokyo Game Show as the Remasters are not on their lineup list.

https://www.konami.com/games/event/tgs/lineup.html
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
srd_27

Post by srd_27 »

Raww Le Klueze wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:27 am And apparently they're not even going to show anything at this year's Tokyo Game Show as the Remasters are not on their lineup list.

https://www.konami.com/games/event/tgs/lineup.html
that probably explains why they made the delay announcement recently, knowing that they have nothing to show at TGS
(and not because of this tinfoil "konami sabotaging eiyuden" theory that some ignorant people tend to post)
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

It's something Konami would totally do because they are petty like that. They saw how successful Eiyuden's Kickstarter was and decided to remaster Suikoden. C'mon dude lol. And I'm not saying thats the sole reason it was delayed. I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if Konami did something like that.
srd_27

Post by srd_27 »

JuveLeo wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:50 pm It's something Konami would totally do because they are petty like that. They saw how successful Eiyuden's Kickstarter was and decided to remaster Suikoden. C'mon dude lol. And I'm not saying thats the sole reason it was delayed. I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if Konami did something like that.
From the start of remaster announcement, they've shown Junko Kawano (currently the Eiyuden art director) also working on the art for Suikoden remaster. Clearly both Konami and Rabbit&Bear know each other well.

But this fact is always ignored by the ignorant conspiracy theorists.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Eh, there's a difference between opportunism and 4d chess. I could see the suits at Konami shifting the date by a matter of several weeks if they thought they could capitalize on buzz. That probably wouldn't be much of a strategy, though. Their best bet is probably to release during the holiday window, or hit the sweet spot of a doldrum between major releases with a good price point.

They certainly wouldn't delay indefinitely or accelerate significantly just to mess with Eiyuden.

If we're doing conspiracies, what are the odds that the delay is for retooling with the Fox Engine, and after they've swapped to an entirely new development team, we'll all be treated to Suikoden Survive sometime in 2025?
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I'm wondering if they legitimately fired the UI designer after the reaction to the game and having to rehire and have the new person start from scratch. That would set them back.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Welp, given today's news about Unity charging per install of a game I think Konami just decided they really don't want to use that engine anymore.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
TwilightSky

Post by TwilightSky »

Indeed. They may want to consider using a home grown engine. Part of me thought they were just teasing, but at the same time, you don't do massive sound and UI overhauls as a means to tease. I think they just need to spend more time on this.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I can't find any recent news about these remasters. "Sometime this year" is still the most recent "release date," right?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Jowy Atreides wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:46 am I can't find any recent news about these remasters. "Sometime this year" is still the most recent "release date," right?
Actually, they never really announced that it has been postponed to 2024 - only that it won't come out in 2023. So we don't even have a rough timeframe.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

I'm not going to lie... I'm slightly worried. Hopefully Konami is
just taking their time to create a great remaster and it has nothing to do with abandoning the project.