MYRd and treasure boxes?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
JiN88

MYRd and treasure boxes?

Post by JiN88 »

A friend asked me to check on something and I stumbled upon these by chance:
English Sindar 3 Name.jpg
Japanese Sindar 3 name.jpg
Anyone figured what does MYRd means, and even the Capital Letters are weird? It should have been something close to 'Sindar'. I attached the Japanese one as well since I'm not sure what it means.

Also, did you know you can 'push' treasure boxes? I don't recall you can do that, ever, in the game. I wonder if there is any significance.
Sindar 3 push treasure.jpg
And since I'm at it there's also the fact that the first time Riou and the gang do the whole Sindar Ruins arc (get treasure from the ruins), I noticed that none of the group ever talks, other than the primary Characters. I know allocation of the rest of the members are random when you escape but is there a way to get there with only Riou, Jowy, Nanami, and Pilikia?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: MYRd and treasure boxes?

Post by Pyriel »

You can avoid recruiting most of the early-game folks if you exploit Pilika points. I'm not sure if that can lead to an empty party apart from the story-required members, though. I know Tuta hasn't technically joined, but I don't recall if Gengen or anybody else is actually foisted on you and winds up in the party by default when you've skipped Rikimaru, Zamza, Millie, and the others that way.

I'd bet money on that MYRd being an untranslated Japanese string that's being displayed with the Latin character set. There are quite a few maps with a pop-up name that never shows up during normal gameplay, and those are among several things not translated in the US version. Many of them are also not translated in the EU versions, along with "rah-rah" type lines for bit characters that nobody is likely to take through certain dungeons.

Any object on the map can be made pushable. That particular treasure chest probably has that attribute because it can't be reached during normal play. So the devs figured, who cares if it can technically be pushed?
JiN88

Post by JiN88 »

I see.

I read the other article about the Pilikia point things and might give it a try. Has there been any tries on the minimum amount of recruits one can have to reach there?

What does the Japanese text say? Seems odd since most garbled text are weird symbols and stuff. 'MYRd' actually makes me thinks it's suppose to stand for something-road like Mayan Road.

I did compare the Japanese and EU version of Sindar Ruin 3. Seems like they did touch up the pillars like removing some collision and stuff, probably just the localization team's effort.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

The japanese says isekiro which means ruins and MYRd and isekiro have the same hex values, so it's just untranslated. And why would it say something like Mayan road anyway?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I think Gengen is always considered recruited. I've gotten him on the Sindar ruins quest. If you skip out on the others, he is probably guaranteed to join you, at least.
JiN88

Post by JiN88 »

MYRd and isekiro have the same hex values

It's good to know. Past untranslated gibberish were all unreadable with symbols. 'MYRd' coincidentally actually does seems to be an abbreviate of something.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

It's not that odd to see short strings that don't have any special characters in them. Somewhere I've got a screenshot of Gadget finishing a sentence with "oooh", but there's no significance to it, other than the Japanese characters all residing in the ranges of values that became a-z in the Latin character set.

The Japanese character set has a block of single-byte characters that includes three code points that indicate tables of additional characters. Roughly 1,000 characters overall, and if we're talking monkeys at typewriters, the odds would be stacked against this outcome a bit. However, the developers put the Japanese characters from your screenshot where they are (as single-bytes) because they were frequently used, and doing so would hopefully minimize string lengths. What's more, when they created the Latin character set, they duplicated some characters (lowercase mostly) for various reasons. I wouldn't expect to see this happen all the time, but occasionally definitely isn't a shock.
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

The minimum party set for Sindar will always include Gengen. The speedruns use this setup all the time; Gengen will always fill one of the slots if you have no other recruited members to choose between.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Lol i wasn't expecting Omnigamer to still visit this forum. Last time I saw you you were busy playing Drakengard 3.
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

I visit quite a lot actually - always up for learning something new with this game :)