Some parts of unused Dialogue and oddities belonging here

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
JiN88

Some parts of unused Dialogue and oddities belonging here

Post by JiN88 »

Forgive me if this has been posted as I couldn't find it anywhere else. I was meddling with the codes and other game versions and I found this and I remembered a post long time ago speculating where the dialogue is suppose to be...

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... =9&t=11622

This is from the Suikoden 2 JPG Demo Version after completing the whole story that finishes up when Riou and Jowy escape, getting Bolgan and the gang, and after the Mist Monster; you can't progress any further:
Untitled.jpg

As you can see from the link , the dialogue are in place in the Japanese Demo version and corresponds to the dialogue (I can't read Japanese). You have to wait a bit much like the ENG version. Sadly it only got to the part of "”Hey! Wait a minute!!!!”", then After Nanami runs off and if you wait for a while Viki and Mukumuku appears much like the ENG version.

There is still no clue but speculation who is doing the rest of the talking about the ending about to start though.

Also:
PSOGL2_007.jpg
The above is from the ENG version using the Talisman Trick. http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 35c277b196

Somehow, below the picture are Riou and 4 lowly maids surrounding him. Anyone knows any significance? I don't remember how I managed to as it wasn't there when I first tried it.

I think that's about it but I do wish the JPG demo version has more. Turns out there are a lot of differences from the final product.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Some parts of unused Dialogue and oddities belonging here

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

In that case it should be in the European demo as well but I don't remember that at all.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
JiN88

Post by JiN88 »

You have to play it normally until you reach the Mist monster.

I'm not aware of some Suikoden 2 EU demo. I only looked up online and found the JP Demo and thought I might give it a try. Are you referring to the Demo disc that came with Vandal Hearts 2? I can't seem to find a Rom or any news of it.

Even if you try with the Suikoden 2 EU demo, I suspect you still won't be able to tell exactly who is doing the 2nd part on "ending about to begin." Comparing it with the demo ending in the finished product (Using cheats) and JP Demo version, best guess is that Konami has problem implementing the 2nd part (Viki appearance onwards is based on a different script). The 1st part was translated but since no one was suppose to access the Demo ending they just didn't bother with it.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Yeah, the demo disc that came with Vandal Hearts in PAL territories is the same demo that came with Metal Gear Solid in Japan.

http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs2/indepth/demo.php

I'm pretty sure I only played through it once and then focused on the "battle mode" so I might just not have waited for it to happen.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
JiN88

Post by JiN88 »

Yeah, am aware of that site. Do you know where I can get the EU Demo rom version? I can test it out.