Codebreaker item glitching Taisuke recruitment?

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
chumbolotheosis

Codebreaker item glitching Taisuke recruitment?

Post by chumbolotheosis »

Hi,

I just cracked out my PS2 for the first time in... years... to replay Suikoden. Only, this time, I used a codebreaker, including the all items code. I was trying to recruit Taisuke on the Deserted Island. I got the first text prompt, but I could not speak to him by the lake after that, get any other text prompt when I left the cave, or see his clothes on the beach. The package of clothing is already in my inventory (x99 due to the code), and I can't get rid of them. Has anybody else had this error? Is there a work around? Or would I just need to restart the game and avoid using that code?

Thanks,
wataru14
Guide Writer

Re: Codebreaker item glitching Taisuke recruitment?

Post by wataru14 »

I have had the same thing. Having the clothes checks off a flag that prevents the recruitment dialogue from starting. There is no way around it AFAIK unless you can somehow shark the clothes out of your inventory.
Lcowboy1

Post by Lcowboy1 »

yep same here, its best just to use this code only after recruiting everyone, and then shut it off and get rid off what you can, cause you also get 99 lilins, the one you catch in the net.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Yeah, I made that code, and I wouldn't use it except to play around. The inventory system in this game was kind of goofy, and hard to edit directly with cheats. I actually had to use the game's inventory functions to add selected items, and the "all items" cheat just iterates through the available values with no regard for whether or not having the item, or 99 of the item is advisable. I hadn't even completed the game when I made it, and didn't even know what half the stuff was.

http://herrvillain.net/cheats/suikoden4/

Editing this line: 200C0500 24120063 will change the quantity you get. It's at 99 there, and changing the last four positions will alter it. So 2412000F will get you 15, or 24120009 will get you 9. However, I'd just all around advise using the "have items" code and just hacking in specifically what you need with the quantities you want. 90% of the items are junk (if you're cheating), purchasable with infinite cash, or they're things you only need one or two of, even excluding the story items.

If anybody wants to compile a list of things that ought to be excluded, I might be able to change the "Have All Items" code. However, as I recall, there were just too many things to exclude, scattered all through the list of available items.
xYi

Post by xYi »

Please Remove the items from Other and Rare Items