How many times have you played the game?

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Toasticles

How many times have you played the game?

Post by Toasticles »

Seeing as Suikoden is my favorite series of games and I have sunken thousands of hours into the first three games of the series I can tell you I've played each several times.

While I've played the first game twice and the second game four times neither of those compare to the staggering amount of times I have played the third game. The fourth I never completed and the fifth I've never had a chance to play but the third I have beaten Seven different times and have played without completing over a dozen more.

So I put it to you other Suikoden 3 lovers out there: How many times have you played the game?
gildedtalon

Re: How many times have you played the game?

Post by gildedtalon »

S3 around 50 times
S2 around 70 times
S1 around 20 times
S4 around 15 times
S5 around 25 times

Me and my siblings have been playing S2 a lot along with Star Ocean 2
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Seven? Staggering.... I've lost count of the number of times I played 1 and 2 over the last 18 years or so.

I played S3 twice (did not complete it the second time) that's when I was using a pirated copy of the game as it was never released for PS2 in PAL regions. I have downloaded it on PSN but have not played it on my PS3 yet.

I've played Suikoden 4 8 or 9 times (tried out all the different combinations of starting allies Tal, Keneth, Jewel and Paula)

Lost count of the number of times I replayed Tactics.

I'm on my 5th or 6th play of Suikoden 5.
nemesismkiii

Post by nemesismkiii »

Suikoden 1 one time since it came on PSN, will play again soon.
Suikoden 2 three times, twice when I owned the disc, once since it came on PSN.
Suikoden 3 I'm currently on my sixth separate playthrough. It's by far my favorite.
Suikoden 4 twice, once when it released, another when I rebought it and felt like torturing myself
Suikoden 5 Once so far. It was a good game but it's so heavy with the cutscenes it took too long to finish.
Suikoden Tactics Haven't played it yet, just recently got access to it, will probably give it a look.
Algus

Post by Algus »

Well I couldn't tell you how many times I have started and stopped as I have a few different save files to replay certain chapters at my leisure.

I once played III in a single sitting though. Beginning to end. I did savescum the lottery instead of backtracking to fight treasure bosses. Took me about 30 hours beginning to end