[Codes] Gameshark codes

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Omnigamer

Re: [Codes] Gameshark codes

Post by Omnigamer »

I have the Trading Post times already listed out in one of my threads. I don't think I can access it right now if it was in gdoc format, but all of them should be there.

EDIT: Had a local copy after all. Add 1 to each for them to match up with how you're listing out your times above.

South Window: 5
Forest Village: 6
Gregminster: 8
Kobold Village: 4
Highway Village: 3
Rockaxe: 5
Crom: 7
Rokkaku: 5

When you get far enough, one of the refresh rates I'm most interested in knowing is the refresh for the Banner Pass item shop. Knowing when to check back for Rose Brooches is pretty critical for a True Ending speedrun.
Metsu

Post by Metsu »

Ah, whoops, didn't know that was out there since there was a lot of undiscovered mechanics around the rare item finds. Thanks for that! I'll not waste time looking at the assembly when I get to trading posts :)

I've been playing 2-3 hours a week, so it's going slow. I just got the castle, but I'll post the times for that shop as soon as I get to Banner. I'm doing NG+ so it should be relatively quick game-time wise.
buyung

Post by buyung »

hi. firstly. can anyone make a suikoden 2 codelist for PEC program? so newbie like me can download it and use it easily. with all codes exist in this forum.

the second is.. can anyone make a really smooth riou character modifier code, i managed to make one codes that replaced riou with flik. of course not only flik. but it was crashing crazily. it wont crash if you activated the code and run into a battle without move from an area to another area. only on some battle it was running smoothly. i managed to win the final fight with flik only, using that modifier code. i activated it before talking to leon and it was running smoothly. and... i forgot the code, it was some years ago after all. lol. sorry for bad english.
Metsu

Post by Metsu »

Realized I could still load up my end game save and warp around places to check. Filled out the rest of what I could, but still have two missing item shops, a rune, and an armor. I'll find these as I go through the game again.

Omni, Banner pass is the standard 11 minutes shop.
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

Excellent! That makes it much more feasible to revisit for Rose Brooch if it's not there the first time. Thanks!
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

So how would you go about making the refresh time 0? So it resets each time you speak to the shopkeeper? Or better yet, everything is available all the time?
Metsu

Post by Metsu »

I believe Pyriel or someone already provided this code somewhere, but I forget where. Here are some gameshark codes I made that would do this.

All shops refresh every time you talk to them:
50003C06 0000
8006a502 0000
(writes 00 for time since last checked constantly)

All rare finds quantity of 9
50003C06 0000
8006a504 0909
50003C06 0000
8006a506 0909
(writes 09 09 09 09 for the four quantities of rare finds, you can change as needed)

Please note i haven't tested these all the way since I still have three shops to discover. I was planning to release everything I knew then, so if something is out of whack, let me know.
marsbar

Post by marsbar »

So, I've looked for a Boris activation code and I don't see one anywhere. Anyone have that one?

Oh, and I tried the long code to have everything appear at the armor shop, but nothing happens...I am playing this on a psone and using GS 3.3.
Metsu

Post by Metsu »

Okay I got it. You have to set Ridley to dead for the code to work.

3006ae85 0095 (ridley dead)
3006ae8a 0007 (boris recruited)
marsbar

Post by marsbar »

Thanks for the code, I remember activating him before but not until after the events into Tinto. I haven't gotten to that point yet in my current playthrough. Any ideas on that long code thats in this thread that gives the armorer everything? I entered it correctly, but perhaps I am misunderstanding how to operate that code.
Metsu

Post by Metsu »

marsbar wrote:Thanks for the code, I remember activating him before but not until after the events into Tinto. I haven't gotten to that point yet in my current playthrough. Any ideas on that long code thats in this thread that gives the armorer everything? I entered it correctly, but perhaps I am misunderstanding how to operate that code.
You're right, I don't think that code works. It did not work for me either but the activation part (the lines starting with 'D0') look correct. It's basically waiting until the memory value matches what it expects and then executes the line underneath it. I've never played with the shop stuff yet.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

It works fine for me. It's only meant to work in the HQ armory, and only on the NTSC version. I don't know if that's the trouble.

Metsu

Post by Metsu »

Yeah, should be the version I'm using. I ripped the ISO from my buddy's game disc and I tried the values in the HQ Armorer. Then again, I don't use gameshark codes, i just edit the memory directly so that might be why mine doesn't work. I tried closing and opening the shop and the values didn't change but also didn't load in windspun or other armor. I assume your code is adding length to some lookup tables since it doesn't look like it's adding the item ID right?

Not sure why it doesn't work for marsbar on psone and gameshark, but if I can get mine to work I think we could get his to work as well.

Your ePSXe video settings must not allow alpha blend since I can't see the background is actually the armory :) but I trust you haha
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Nah, it's got alpha-blending on. It just always does that in shops, and I've never cared enough to find out why. Every other change I make to the plugin config pops up black boxes where there should be transparency, so screw it. PSXFin and NO$PSX handle it fine right out of the box, but PSXFin doesn't really appeal to me, and NO$PSX crashes every time I cast a Bright Shield spell.
Metsu

Post by Metsu »

Haha I hear you there. I've played with the plugins and finally got the windows to be transparent but think I had other problems and reverted. Sounds like you had better luck with psxfin than me though. It always crashed on me on the mist monster fight :(

As for the gameshark codes, I guess I should try the gameshark emulation and see if that works.