Konami will announce a Suikoden game on 2016.

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Neclord X

Re: Konami will announce a Suikoden game on 2016.

Post by Neclord X »

Sasarai10 wrote: They shouldn't use "Suikoden" name for some random game with cards. Don't you think so?
Of course, but we beliving they shouldn't won't prevent them from doing it like didn't prevent them from doing Tierkreis and Toki
Roshambeaux

Post by Roshambeaux »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:And the Pesmerga/Yuber plot is super boring, I don't want it, I don't care for it, that's not what we love in Suikoden.
For me, it was the family dynamics, societal dynamics, clash of cultures, and geopolitics that got me interested in the series. It was such a departure and a breath of fresh air compared to the JRPGS being offered at the time. I enjoyed that the conflict was parochial as opposed to involving the whole world, and that even the opposing nations had redeemable qualities. I loved the protagonist's personal struggles vis-à-vis the true rune; the true rune's impact on the conflicting nations and it's role in the ethereal realm. I give a lot of kudos to Murayama for his storytelling experimentation in Suikoden 3, as it was a comprehensive observation of the nuances of violence and exposed points of connections between the different cultures -- at various parts of the games -- which were never established and frustrated me as a player. I felt this is sort of reflective of our world and I appreciated that the series delved into topics that are relevant in today's society such as political corruption and military brutalization. Using the silent protagonist as a storytelling device can be effective in entangling and immersing the player into the game's world, but it could be stale at times when there are dialogue options that aren't available to you. If they could integrate this and expound on the Trinity Sight System of Suikoden 3, maybe you can come up with excellent storytelling. Imagine if you can create your own character, cross paths with the Tenkai star, then eventually becoming their confidant and succeeding them after they die... or something like that.
http://www.kallipolitan.com/archives/murayama
A raw tomato for the win!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

I agree,Trinity System was great in S3. And i liked the fact protagonist (Hugo i suppose was canon) wasn't a mute one.

Not to mention it was cool af,to have a tight party like Geddoe's,from the start. Usually when you start you have only a few weak characters.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

On January 1, I am so laughing at this thread.
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

Sasarai10 wrote:I agree,Trinity System was great in S3. And i liked the fact protagonist (Hugo i suppose was canon) wasn't a mute one.

Not to mention it was cool af,to have a tight party like Geddoe's,from the start. Usually when you start you have only a few weak characters.
so how come when I wanted to start the suikoden iv party for my demake with almost a full party, people weren't happy on here? Suikoden 1 starts off with a loaded party...
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

ENDmyinitials wrote:
so how come when I wanted to start the suikoden iv party for my demake with almost a full party, people weren't happy on here? Suikoden 1 starts off with a loaded party...
S1 party is pretty mediocre though (by the time).

Only Pahn is a good fighter when you start,all the others are average.
BrucePrintscreen

Oh so now the title of the thread has been edited? For how long do you plan to do that?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:Oh so now the title of the thread has been edited? For how long do you plan to do that?
It's always been that
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:Oh so now the title of the thread has been edited? For how long do you plan to do that?
Hope we will see SIV in 2016 at least no matter what the title says.

Yeah Suikoden 20th anniversary is coming. So why not? Or maybe a S1 remake at least?
BrucePrintscreen

Antimatzist wrote:
It's always been that
No the title was "Konami will announce a Suikoden game on 2015, mark my words", and I keep on thinking it is misleading.
Anyone who visits the forum for the first time will see this topic and think it is true, whereas it is just pure speculation by someone.
You may as well create a topic titled "Suikoden VI is out next month" and then post "actually no but well I wanted everybody's attention to my stupid theories as to why there will soon be a new suikoden".
Seriously, this is despicable.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Since Konami won't make a move,why someone who has the knowledge won't create an unofficial self-made SVI?

Scenario won't be hard at all,since we know Suikoden history more or less.

Also i don't think most of us care about graphics. It could have basic 2D graphics,like S1 and S2.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Doing a beautiful sprite based game like Suikoden takes a lot of time, especially if you wanna do HD sprites. Also, you cannot simply go and steal the idea and scenario that a company created. You can go make your own game inspired by it, but that's it.

So go for it and make a game.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:Doing a beautiful sprite based game like Suikoden takes a lot of time, especially if you wanna do HD sprites. Also, you cannot simply go and steal the idea and scenario that a company created. You can go make your own game inspired by it, but that's it.

So go for it and make a game.
Indeed,i guess you cannot use "Suikoden" title without their permission. Perhaps not even some traits like "108 stars" or "true runes"
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Of course you could use the 108 Stars concept, it's an old Buddhist thing and you could use the name True Runes, but probably have to change them a bit. I would go for something entirely else, anyway.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Well,2 traits i loved in Suikoden were:

- Multiple number of playable characters
- War Battles

Only game which follow both of these traits is the self-made RPG Exit Fate so far.