Here’s what I’m thinking of…
- I’d prefer more Wingers in the first place, but a different tribe, a more independent one, not from the slums.
- Minos or Minotaurus, but with a human face, and everything human except horns, tail, and a characteristic hairiness.
- A chimera with different elemental based attacks/actions.
- A bear, I mean a real one without Star Dragon Sword.
- If the story takes place in the south near Falena, then an Ulse.
- Cut Rabbits is actually a good idea, I mean rabbits are cute. Not that it would be my first choice but I could imagine Konami use them.
- If there is a lot of forest in the game, then a Holly Elf (maybe as SoD) and 4 or 5 individual Holly Boys/Girls as Non-stars.
- A Golem for every element, but that’s a little D&D-ish.
- A Pixie gang.
- A monkey gang like in Shonen Sarutobi Sasuke (my favourite movie as child). I loved how they tried to support their master and train alongside him, they basically tried to copycat him. Non-stars are weaker than SoD, so most people don’t like to waste a space using them. How about changing the system: we don’t make them full fighters. You can put them in your convoy, and they will sometimes randomly appear in battle and imitate some of your prominent recruits (attacking in the style/clothing of that character. If more than 1 monkey is in the convoy, there’s a small chance they’ll copycat a unite attack. Their main purpose is not adding damage (even though there’s a chance they do), it’s just entertaining the audience, that’s better than just being a weak and unimportant character.
@sticky: I didn’t forget vampires, but I forgot Bob. I’m not sure how to categorize a were-something. Dragon knights, Lun, armored cavalry: agree, agree, agree. Wolfpack: I like good old loyal Shiro, but we’ve had enough dogs or dog-like creatures.
@NeclordX: I like the idea of monster SoD. I mean these aren’t just animals to mount, they’re rare mysterious creatures with a human spirit and a noble heart, and they’re not inferior to humans in terms of wisdom. Even those that can’t use human language can at least understand it. The only problem about most of them so far is that they suck in battle.
I like the idea of having 4 or 5 characters with animal/monster compatriots which could be the non-stars. If Bonaparte was a full non-star fighter, you’d need to make room for him in the party, but the good thing is that his attack with Millie could be a unite instead of a spell, so Millie would have 1 more rune slot.
@Alonzo: Here is the perfect Narcissist Mermen theme…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBx-8jqiGfA