Best returning characters

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Best returning characters

Post by patapi »

471 is definitely earlier than the general demand for a new installment set after Suikoden III, i.e. post-475
BelcootLymOTP

Post by BelcootLymOTP »

patapi wrote:471 is definitely earlier than the general demand for a new installment set after Suikoden III, i.e. post-475
I did a poll where most people said they wanted between 2 and 3 http://www.poll-maker.com/poll121239xc23C48Ab-5
*Knock Knock* Who is it? Your DOOM! Don't say your doom! Who answers the door for their doom? You're right.
Basket of Puppies!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Oh i see #6 star is missing as well...so put Yuber there if you can...i'd like to see Pesmerga and Yuber in the same army,and have a Unite attack together :D
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

More Aethelbald characters would be nice. Maybe a family of them, like Lepant and his family, only we get a bunch of characters with tourettes who are all calm and composed one minute and then swearing and cursing the next.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

My choice for the best returning characters depend on time and location of the new game. I’ll take 471 as example because that’s what the OP mentioned, so obviously there’ll be no S4 characters with a normal lifespan, even many S5 characters (who where then young) would be too old. As for location, it must be a land relatively far away from the locations of 1-3, because afaik there’s no “unused” landmass close-by. I’m not choosing one, let’s just say it’s far away. This is important because it makes no sense to let characters return who in fact have long-term duties to fulfill in the S1-3 locations. Example: if the new location is a neighboring country of Toran, I want Camille, who became a Toran general, to return; if the location is New-Armes, I don’t want her to return, because it doesn’t make sense (unless a reason is created). This means returning characters must have some travel spirit and motives.

Under the above circumstances, this would be my choice:
Sydonia – just disappeared, could have formed a new bandit gang elsewhere
Viki + Jeane – classics!
Zerase, Raura – no age problems, can always return
Simeon – it seems he doesn’t age as well, tell us why, Konami
Wakaba – could be one step away from becoming a grandmaster, her last task is to challenge the best martial artist of that new land/continent
Subala + Templeton – Subala has probably some experience in sailing and she is searching for the biggest fish, so she could drag Templeton along, who is still searching for the edge of the world
Bolgan + Eilie + Rina – their wanderlust pushed them to another country
Toma + Maroon – on the one hand they didn’t seem to have itchy feet, on the other hand they were young and curious
Richard – probably searching for Mueller
Shoon – it is said he travels the world after S5
Rowd – where did this rat escape?
Qlon – note that he has become a very formidable gate guard within 13 years, and that he left Toran castle because there was nothing to guard anymore (or no attackers)
Pilika + Jillia – sick of waiting for Jowy, took off to find him
Levi + Norma + Ernst – could they lift the curse? Levi should be very old by then…
Crowley/Mazus – let one of them be in my army, the other in the enemy’s army, and let them have an unforgettable duel
Pesmerga (+ Yuber) – only if they tell us more about their background, otherwise f#ck off, coz I’m tired of the same procedure over and over again
Nash + Sierra – it is rumored they married, which I find incredibly silly, but if there is a vampire plague in this new location, yeah, why not
Pete + Lorelei + Killey – Pete (son of Alex & Hilda) is the new competitor of the Sindar explorers
Bonaparte – Succeeded in escaping from her annoying owner
Ko + X – The little Riou fan has become a young man, just like his friend/rival who is a Jowy fan; this may be silly, but I prefer it to the originals
2 or 3 suitable S3 characters, who were traveling before coming to the grasslands
These would already be more than enough, even S2 had less returning characters. Stop wailing about Fliktor and Riowy, their stories are told, end of story. (I think I’ve mentioned in another thread that I would like them to return for Tactics spin-offs of S1 and S2, if the setting is Toran/Dunan and short before or short after S1/S2.)

Moreover there could be children of S5 characters, like Wilhelm’s son as the new womanizer, as well as children of Nelis + Yahr, Marina + Belcoot, Sharmista + Shula, Salisha + Dinn, etc. Last but not least I wanna see a new pair from the warrior’s village, new ninja, and new Max Knights, because the previous ones don’t make sense here.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Yeah i'd like to see Rowd again.

But Richard still searching for Mueller? I think Mueller will be retired by 471,and Richard could have matured as well. Richard would be in his late 30s by the time,i don't think he still be Mueller's fanboy it will look weird :lol:
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Ko + X – The little Riou fan has become a young man, just like his friend/rival who is a Jowy fan; this may be silly, but I prefer it to the originals
I like this idea. I don't think the main heroes should return unless it's a data transfer feature like we got with Tir in S2 and Lazlo in Tactics. But a character who has been following in the footsteps of a previous hero could work quite well. And maybe Ellie could be a support character, perhaps even the castle innkeeper and party changer?

And Pete could be the new Zweig. I like to think Zweig is what Pete would turn out like if he learned book smarts from Emilia and took stick fighting lessons from Kai! :lol:
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:
I like this idea. I don't think the main heroes should return unless it's a data transfer feature like we got with Tir in S2 and Lazlo in Tactics. But a character who has been following in the footsteps of a previous hero could work quite well. And maybe Ellie could be a support character, perhaps even the castle innkeeper and party changer?

And Pete could be the new Zweig. I like to think Zweig is what Pete would turn out like if he learned book smarts from Emilia and took stick fighting lessons from Kai! :lol:

No way,if Pete travells with Lorelai and Killey then Pete would be like their kid,because by S2 events they had around 20 years difference...and Zweig was more like their dad during S5 (he was 40 and Lorelai and Killey were 16 and 18 respectively)
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Sasarai10 wrote:
sticky-runes wrote:

No way,if Pete travells with Lorelai and Killey then Pete would be like their kid,because by S2 events they had around 20 years difference...and Zweig was more like their dad during S5 (he was 40 and Lorelai and Killey were 16 and 18 respectively)
That's why I was implying he could turn out like Zweig of the next generation :P
That's if Pete even pursues his dad's interest in Sindar and treasure hunting. I could imagine him going to Greenhill and taking up a course in history or archeology and maybe gets to travel and explore ruins as part of his studies. And he could have a strong rivalry towards Killey (who once threatened his dad) I'd like it if we were exploring a Sindar dungeon and happened to bump into Alex and a bunch of students who inadvertently wake up a boss or something like that.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Killey actually matured a lot during S2 events. In S5 he was calling everybody an idiot,yet in S2 he seems he has mellowed.

But it'll be interesting to visit his tribe,and learn more about his unique clothing
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I didn't like Killey much, but it seems likely he'd return if they introduce more plots involving the Sindar. And a group of Crimson Bird characters (possibly villains) could be interesting.
BelcootLymOTP

Post by BelcootLymOTP »

Got some more context for you guys: http://skydraofthegoddesses.deviantart. ... -482049564
This is where it takes place, the when is IS 471
*Knock Knock* Who is it? Your DOOM! Don't say your doom! Who answers the door for their doom? You're right.
Basket of Puppies!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Black Dragon Island eh? So we will have Hai Yo i suppose?
BelcootLymOTP

Post by BelcootLymOTP »

Sasarai10 wrote:Black Dragon Island eh? So we will have Hai Yo i suppose?
Perhaps, if he's still alive. I'm counting max age as 55, although for most it will be max 50. Tink about this when you post new characters.

Also tell me maximum returning characters you want so that I dont overdo it
Last edited by BelcootLymOTP on Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Basket of Puppies!
BelcootLymOTP

Post by BelcootLymOTP »

How about this, to satiate all you fanboys on my poll who want Jowy back and to help Pilika and Joane (who BTW is Jowy and Jillia's biological daughter), Loading PSN Suikoden 2 data onto Suikoden 6 would cause an event where Riou, Jowy and Nana turn up in Lobon, Riou and Nanami become tutors (boost weapon capabilities) for Sikya and Melina since they use the same(ish) weapons, and Jowy could be a party member like Tir in 2 for all the time lost in Suiko 2 itself

Also I thought that loading Suikoden 5 data could cause Frey, Lyon and a handful of others to come to see the Northern continent and meet Kyle and Georg.
Basket of Puppies!