Suikoden's Fashion Sense

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Mise

Re: Suikoden's Fashion Sense

Post by Mise »

I'll start off with fashion no-nos so we could leave things off on a more positive note.

The island Nations characters, Yahr, Bernadette, Nelis, in Suikoden V just seemed bizarre. The function of Nelis' outfit makes some sense, to avoid sunburn and whatnot, but seriously, it doesn't have to be so damned ugly. The primary fabric of their clothing seems like it has potential for soft packing material.

If I began to mention people from the original Suikoden, I'd be here all day. Probably because it seems the artist for the original Suikoden wasn't very interested in detailed outfits. But I'll mention Juppo anyway. Juppo Juppo Juppo.

As for outfits that I really liked... Actually, Flare from Suikoden IV was very simply dressed, very classy. I like that...
But a true soft spot would be the uniforms on each of the Queen's Knights in V. Especially Miakis. Often utilizing my favorite colour combination (Black+Gold), and those sashes... My my, those sashes, how they danced in the wind. I should wear one.
It is no coincidence that man's best friend is incapable of speech.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

I liked Pesmerga's outfit, no uneccesary stuff there, just a plain nice shiny black armour.
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

Until you get to suiko3, then it's just weird.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
jhonsadins

Post by jhonsadins »

red and yellow shirts and a green bandana! It's funny how Ain Guide mentions how Tir, the son of a general wouldn't dress like a bum. Although I liked his dress in the Suikoden world his style is clearly a no-no in fashion world.
robinfire23

Post by robinfire23 »

I love the Pesmerga's pitch black kick-ass armour.. He looks really evil!!

The narcissists in the series are awesome.. Especially Josephine!! You gotta love 'em!!

Jeane's outfits are awesome too.. All through out the series!! I love her floating sash in V..

I didn't like the outfit of most of the characters from I.. Like Tir((Colorful much??))..
Some of my favorite quotes..

Luca: DIE PIG!!

Kage: A ninja waste no words..

Futch: Humphrey has friends??

Luca again: It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousand..
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

jhonsadins wrote:red and yellow shirts and a green bandana! It's funny how Ain Guide mentions how Tir, the son of a general wouldn't dress like a bum. Although I liked his dress in the Suikoden world his style is clearly a no-no in fashion world.
i agreed, don't forget the pointed shoes like aladin,
no wonder he's so superior :lol:

I think in all suikoden series S5 is the most fashionable (or complicated) , i like S3 is much better,
more dinamic than the others series, and for the worst i'll go with S4..
Chaos will suit me just fine
Silver Maiden

Post by Silver Maiden »

In Suikoden 3 everyone has such detailed attire and not just the SoD but even the townsfolk. I love the Alma Kinan outfits especially. It's also funny to see more modern attire like jeans on Kathy and a tracksuit on Kenji. ^_^

Some of my favorites are Yumi, Wyatt, Sarah, Sasarai and Emily. Also, Estella's pink hair clashes with her red outfit.

The SoDs in Suikoden 5 have more style overall with more dressy and detailed outfits but I wish the townsfolk were more visible and less drab.
xtian3426

Post by xtian3426 »

for me i like Miakis outfit :) it looks good on her and compliments with her personality :)

the first fire bringer also have a kinda good outfit well Flare has an outstanding dress too
also Luserina looks gorgeous well her dress is cute also XD Sharmitsa's outfit is cute too indian like. Richard too simple swordsman outfit.
"It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousands. I am sublime!!! I am the true face of evil!!!!" - Luca Blight
Silver Maiden

Post by Silver Maiden »

Yes, I love Miakis and all the Queen's Knight outfits but actually Alenia's outfit might be my favorite. Also, Sialeeds has a great outfit and I even like her incognito outfit.

Flare dresses up well, similar to the Queen of Obel.:)
Ernst

Post by Ernst »

I can't imagine it's not been mentioned, but Shu's outfit is the height of elegance. Yet, somehow, he wears it with a rebellious flare! Something about his personality, it's like he's playing the role of a gentleman. It really works for him. You could sorta imagine him wearing it awkwardly, shirt hanging out n' all- although, of course, he'd appear the height of comfort when addressing his people.

Lucretia deserves a mention for thieving Zhuge Liang's fashion sense, but she does look pretty cool- very tranquil, which is good for someone who must inspire calm.

Josephine, of course, but she's had several mentions here.

And finally, for now, there's Flik, who understands the importance of theatricality when building a reputation for oneself!
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Milich has the best outfit. Black rune, pink balloon, what's the difference! It's all about being fabulous man, fabulous.

Camille comes in second because of her side peek-a-boos. Cleavages are just so mainstream because Jeane doesn't know how to wear anything properly.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

S3 had the most weird outfits really....Kenji,Jefferson,Billy and Eike wore clothes that were too modern for Suikoden standards
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Sasarai10 wrote:S3 had the most weird outfits really....Kenji,Jefferson,Billy and Eike wore clothes that were too modern for Suikoden standards
Kenji really had a really out-of-place outfit. I kept wondering if he's a parody of some real person. I guess 15 years was really long for a huge time-leap in clothing style lol.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Sasarai10 wrote:S3 had the most weird outfits really....Kenji,Jefferson,Billy and Eike wore clothes that were too modern for Suikoden standards
S3 was made in the early 2000s which are the worstestmostest years for fashion. Between 1998 and 2005, people dressed like shoot, really.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

For some reason, I like Makai's outfit. It's not the sort of thing I'd wear, by I do like the colours and the way it drapes.

I always thought the Obel soldiers looked ridiculous, but I kinda like the modified versions worn by Yahr, Nelis and Bernadette. They kinda look sexy, especially Yahr with his midriff showing.