FF12 International Zodiac Job System

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Punkaiser

FF12 International Zodiac Job System

Post by Punkaiser »

People who played FF12, are you all aware that the IZJS version already had an english patch?
I've just finished that game, although there're still some aspects not so great but overall, I think it's more interesting than the original FF12 with the jobs system implemented.
gildedtalon

Re: FF12 International Zodiac Job System

Post by gildedtalon »

I gave up on FF12 a long time ago, despite using the largest FAQ, I still couldn't progress with the story and the fact that lots of people on FF12 board who can't wait to say how much I suck :(
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Half of gameplay system in IZJS is different to the original FF12 and there're even NG+ and NG- available.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

what's NG-? Explain :mrgreen:
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

NG- = you start the game normally at level 1 but your characters will never level up as they won't ever gain any EXP from fighting :))
Does it sound similar to some challenges suiko folks created?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

It sounds really similar to difficult mode on Genji: Dawn of the Samurai where you will stay on lvl 1. You can get better equipment on midgame and a couple of stat ups and life ups are allowed. But you will still be really weak coz it is not even remotely comparable to normal mode where you can get access to overpowered equipment easily and you can level up to a really high level
Also bosses on hard mode will regenerate more often making the difficult mode even more difficult. In fact, after failing to complete that mode, my confidence drops drastically. I just bought that game again, I wonder if I'm actually any better than the last time I tried that mode, maybe I have a chance now
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

I played and finished Final Fantasy XII when I was just sixteen. The puzzles were way too easy if you ask me......
Although that Mateus guy really got on my nerves!!
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Sorry to interrupt but we're talking about IZJS version here, not the original one.
Noraibah
Banned User

Post by Noraibah »

Oh,sorry! Well the Espers are more in the pain in the 'butt' Category than the original due to Class Specialization. But the Controls are more User Friendly for non-Asian players. That's about it. I guess.
Noraibah
Banned User

Post by Noraibah »

Sorry to double-post here. But why is the discussion 'dead'.Come'on guys! Have some back-bone.It does not mean that the game is in Japanese it kind of means that it's 'crypted' and thus unplayable by default! :|
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Noraibah wrote:Sorry to double-post here. But why is the discussion 'dead'.Come'on guys! Have some back-bone.It does not mean that the game is in Japanese it kind of means that it's 'crypted' and thus unplayable by default! :|
Eh, for those that cannot read Japanese, it is. But I'm hoping for a FF XII International HD release and then I'll give the game another chance. I didn't like XII at all, and in particular because of the license board which imo simplified things too much.
Noraibah
Banned User

Post by Noraibah »

I see. Then which do you prefer? FF X's upgrading tree(grid) or FF XIII's skill branch?
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Noraibah wrote:Sorry to double-post here. But why is the discussion 'dead'.Come'on guys! Have some back-bone.It does not mean that the game is in Japanese it kind of means that it's 'crypted' and thus unplayable by default! :|
The game can be patched to full English version now, that's what I meant in my first post, from VA, text, commands to...EVERYTHING is now in ENGLISH.
But I'm hoping for a FF XII International HD release and then I'll give the game another chance. I didn't like XII at all, and in particular because of the license board which imo simplified things too much.
Go patch it and give it a shot, I didn't like the original FF12 either, but this IZJS version impressed me quite well. If you or anyone else cares about it, I'll pm instructions step by step.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Noraibah wrote:I see. Then which do you prefer? FF X's upgrading tree(grid) or FF XIII's skill branch?
I haven't played XIII, but I liked the sphere grid in X. It was givin you freedom, but only to a certain degree. It was a nice move imo.

I prefer the games with "set" classes over those in which anyone can do anything. But some games do it well, e.g. you could maximize your characters in all directions in VII or VIII, but only after spending a lot of hours with the game. Every new materia/junction customization felt great and you had to give great thought on your characters.

In XII.. not really. I just gave everyone the same licenses more or less, and the automatic battle system wasn't my style either. I didn't play it for long, maybe 10h, but I felt that I would never start to like it and stopped playing.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

gildedtalon wrote:It sounds really similar to difficult mode on Genji: Dawn of the Samurai where you will stay on lvl 1. You can get better equipment on midgame and a couple of stat ups and life ups are allowed. But you will still be really weak coz it is not even remotely comparable to normal mode where you can get access to overpowered equipment easily and you can level up to a really high level
Also bosses on hard mode will regenerate more often making the difficult mode even more difficult. In fact, after failing to complete that mode, my confidence drops drastically. I just bought that game again, I wonder if I'm actually any better than the last time I tried that mode, maybe I have a chance now
YES!!!! I finally managed to beat Genji on difficult mode yesterday morning therefore unlocking everything :mrgreen: