'Tales' series

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Akihiko

'Tales' series

Post by Akihiko »

A lot of people like Namco's infamous Tales games, including myself! I have not played all of them yet unfortunately, but I own Symphonia and it is an excellent RPG. I love the battle system of it as well, it's very fun and innovative. I hope to eventually get Abyss for the PS2 someday.

What are your thoughts on Tales?
Hirathien

Re: 'Tales' series

Post by Hirathien »

Disliked Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Legendia but I happen to enjoy Tales of Vesperia a whole lot. Seems like a much better game for some reason.
Freak

Post by Freak »

I gave up on Tales of the Abyss because I got sick of Luke's constant whining and bitching at almost everyone. At least we're supposed to view him like that (I think :? ), but I still found it irritiating. The only Tales game I ever finished was Tales of Eternia, which I liked, though it got worse on the second disc IMO. I also played Tales of Phantasia, but lost my saved game and enver fnished it. The games are fun, but I kind of felt like they tell the same story over and over again. I like the idea of the skits though, they add so much flavor to the game.
xtian3426

Post by xtian3426 »

haha i liked tales of abyss even Luke acts like that :) and it's the only tales i've played :) well i got interested in Guy hahaha :) also Tear has a good plot in the story together with Legretta and Van :) There are also funny characters in there too like the unbeatable Anise & well Jade's Intelligence XD well for Natalia hmm i guess she's Natalia haha
"It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousands. I am sublime!!! I am the true face of evil!!!!" - Luca Blight
Akihiko

Post by Akihiko »

I played Phantasia on an emulator once and it was fun, and I wouldn't mind picking it up again. But I've heard nothing but bad things about the GBA port so I probably won't get it.
xtian3426

Post by xtian3426 »

too bad i cant play ps2 games cause my comp sucks haha
"It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousands. I am sublime!!! I am the true face of evil!!!!" - Luca Blight
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

It does appear that Tales of Xillia will be coming to the US.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/tal ... o-the-u-s/

This follows Tales of Graces and F, for the Wii and PS3 respectively. Tales of Xillia was the highest rated game on Famitsu last I heard -for whatever faith you put into reviews. At least this shows that Namco/Bandai is still trying to actively import RPGs from Japan.
Freak

Post by Freak »

I finished Tales of the Abyss after all and I have to say that Luke DOES get a lot better. In retrospect, I kind of liked that they intentionally made him unlikeable at first to set up his Important Change of Character. :wink: I thout it was a pretty engaging and decent game on the whole.
7deuce

Post by 7deuce »

this continues to be one of the most overlooked series
i was so grateful for tales of graces bringing jrpgs back into my life
the pickings have been so slim
and tales of xillia has been rated even better..dear god...
- bringer of storms -
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

It wouldn't have been so overlooked if Namco actually localises all the games.

Xillia seems to be even heavier on Disc-Locked Contents compared to Graces f, but hopefully the core story makes up for the difference?
7deuce

Post by 7deuce »

from what i know, the games don't sell very well outside japan
that may have a bit to do with why they don't all get localized
i think vesperia only sold 300k, or so, not sure
- bringer of storms -
kratoscar2008

Post by kratoscar2008 »

How i despise tales games. I only played the ToD, ToD2 and Legendia but after playing Abbyss i can say that this series are awful, sure Vesperia was kinda good but it had the same annoying characters that the series have known for, Luke is the worst MC in any RPG i have played.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Hirathien wrote:Disliked Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Legendia but I happen to enjoy Tales of Vesperia a whole lot. Seems like a much better game for some reason.
LOL, these three are also the only Tales games I get to play haha

Abyss has lots of neat costumes and titles that give bonus stats or unique battle effects. I like everything from Abyss actually :P

Legendia has the best story out of these three by far, hearing Will's story is very touching :cry:

Vesperia is easily the worst, but it has Yuri, the best character in the Tales series in my opinion, awesome personality, overpowered in battle as well :mrgreen:
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Currently playing Tales of Xillia and I happen to like it quite a lot. I just cringe whenever Milla speaks but that's because very poor voice acting.
Swordsman

Post by Swordsman »

Only played Tales of Destiny..

I prefer the 2d graphics over 3d graphics.