Cat gave me medicine?!

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
ramensempai

Cat gave me medicine?!

Post by ramensempai »

Yeah I am serious... I am about to go off and do Doraat... I just recruited a whole bunch of people, and was wondering around my base, and giving ppl items and making sure my farm was growing and such... I have a habit of always talking to cats and dogs, even tho I know they will just meow or w.e. ... and a cat gave me medicine1 ... wtf? Lol.. has this happened to any one else? It was the cat near norden, HQ lvl 2, up above on I think floor 3f out side the war room... is it from talking to enough cats in the game... is it a glitch? lol ... just curious... it freaked me out... I am probably reading too far into it... should be noted, that cat did not talk, it may or may not of played the meow noise, but its like "Acquired Medicine" and I was like o-0

-Ramen
-Insert witty Sig here-
EstrangedIX

Re: Cat gave me medicine?!

Post by EstrangedIX »

There was a cat in Razril that did that in IV. Didn't know about one in V, thanks.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the Suikoden V Anthology has funny gameplay-related short comics... this is about the cat! http://mangafox.me/manga/gensou_suikode ... 001/9.html
ramensempai

Post by ramensempai »

Wow, thanks for the replies and your welcome :3

EDIT: ROFL @ The comic. That is exactly how I imagined it xD It WAS A white kitty too :O
-Insert witty Sig here-
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

I had a white cat a few years ago so I thought that was cool, too. The one in IV is a tabby if I'm remembering this correctly. Btw, I'm not far along (haven't gone to Lelcar yet) and he gave me the meds. I think IV's happens only after a certain point, though.

Edit: you can "recruit" IV's cat in Razril. I think he's the one that ends up hanging around the bath since he wasn't there just before I had asked him to join. But like the cat in V he only gives you medicine once. And V's kitty is already yours so no need to recruit.
ramensempai

Post by ramensempai »

Yeah, I was just noting all I remembered about the situation, I am sure he could of given the medicine as soon as you find him. :)
-Insert witty Sig here-
ramensempai

Post by ramensempai »

I love this site :)
-Insert witty Sig here-
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

I wonder why they decided on cats instead of dogs or whatever. Are cats considered good luck? I always see a cat statue waving at me in Chinese restaurants. Or is it because of having to catch one in the first game so people are more likely to talk to them? Still, it would be cool if there was a dog out there that hooked you up with some cheesecake or something lol
ramensempai

Post by ramensempai »

lol I agree with the dog comment and yes Cats are good luck charms in Japanese, Egyptian and other cultures, and I happen to love them my self :3 Also could be with your comment about the 1st game.
-Insert witty Sig here-
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

EstrangedIX wrote:I wonder why they decided on cats instead of dogs or whatever. Are cats considered good luck? I always see a cat statue waving at me in Chinese restaurants. Or is it because of having to catch one in the first game so people are more likely to talk to them? Still, it would be cool if there was a dog out there that hooked you up with some cheesecake or something lol
These cats are some kind of talisman.

And they have done dogs in Suikoden III, so I guess it is more or less random. I dont know if cats in general have some meaning in Japanese culture.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Oh yeah, forgot about Koroku & Co.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

In many asian cultures, there exist a good luck charm cat like this one

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_foYb7OfvCD0/T ... i-neko.jpg

Folks say it brings good luck in general, especially for small business, the cat will bring customers to your shop. Suikoden 4 has a decor in Lazlo's room as good luck cat if i remember right.