NEW SUIKODEN ANNOUNCED BY KONAMI!!! (9-17-2011)

A forum for questions and discussions about the PSP game roughly translated as "The Woven Web of a Century"
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: NEW SUIKODEN ANNOUNCED BY KONAMI!!! (9-17-2011)

Post by patapi »

Just noticed that this new lineup doesn't have preset Stars of Destiny assigned to them. Good move, but they are all possibly enemies/early NPCs. Anyone else thought that Aaron and the Scarlet Axe reminds them of Odessa and the Liberation Army?

It is annoying though that they kept saying that the system is unknown. Now that the game is available for preorders, wouldn't it make more sense to focus on the gameplay as well?
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Well, at the very least, they don't want us to think they are SoDs. Every Suikoden game (except maybe II? Well, I guess Gilbert technically counts) has a few characters who are on the side of the enemy but come around eventually and join your army--you've got Kwanda, Milich, Kasim, Alen, and Grenseal in I, Sasarai and Dios in III, Helmut in IV, Euram in V, Diadora, Nova, and Sophia in Tierkreis. But yeah, I would agree that those characters probably aren't SoD's.

By the way, the kanji I translated as "scarlet" could also mean "bloody." :p But I like "Red/Scarlet/Vermilion Axe" so much better than "Bloody Axe."
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

On the right a part of the world map? Hmhm.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

I'm still looking for bigger versions of those pictures, but I did manage to find this.

100年周期で現れ人々を襲う百年目の怪物(上の画像の右上にいる紫色の気持ち悪いやつ)。この脅威に対抗すべくアイオニア聖皇国は力を集結させていたが、過重な負担に不満をつのらされた地方都市は次々と独立を宣言する。だが、百年目の怪物の出現が間近に迫り、聖皇国は各都市に協力という名の服従を迫る。聖皇国に抵抗する勢力は、この状況にどう反応していくのか?

●アイオニア聖皇国
聖皇国は、有事の際は協力体制をとるという盟約のもと、地方都市の独立を承認していた。百年目の怪物の出現が間近となり、聖皇国は地方都市に協力を求める。だがそれは、軍隊を派遣して、盟約を盾に服従を強いるという、極めて不当なものだった。

●朱キ斧
聖皇国打倒を掲げて各地で暗躍する地下組織。地方都市の中にも、支持者は多くいるようだ。だが、百年目の怪物というイレギュラーな存在が出現したとなれば、多くの民がこの組織の動向に注目することだろう。彼らと主人公たちはどのようにかかわっていくのだろうか。

●地方勢力
聖皇国から独立自治を勝ち取った勢力。主人公たちが住むテベルの里も、この勢力に所属している。古き盟約に従い、聖皇国への協力要請には応じる構えではあるが、聖皇国に不満を感じる者も少なくない。平等な協力体制が成立するかは微妙なところだろう。

●アイオニア聖皇国
“百年目の怪物”に対抗するために建国された、世界最大の勢力。聖皇・レネフェリアスのもと、強力な軍と行政組織の2本柱に支えられている。また、これら以外にも、聖皇の身辺警護を担当する近衛騎士団「光葉騎士団」が存在。この部隊は軍に所属しているが、総帥を通さず聖皇が直々に勅命を下せる。
序盤は主人公たちが聖皇国に加担していると思われる描写もある。

・「レネフェリアス13世」CV:杉田智和
アイオニア聖皇国を統べる13代聖皇。民の幸福と未来を真剣に考える慈悲深い人物で、聖皇国内では神のように崇められている。主人公たちが百年目の怪物と戦ったことを知ると、彼らを皇宮に招き入れる。はたして、主人公らを招いた目的とは?
『遠いところをよく来てくれたね、テベルの里の勇者たちよ』

・「マキア・ザフィール」CV:沢城みゆき
光葉騎士団を率いる、冷静沈着な女性剣士。蒼閃流の創始者であるマクシモス・ザフィール直系の子孫で、自身も達人級の腕を持つ。聖皇・レネフェリアス13世に、敬愛と忠誠のすべてを一途に捧げている。
『陛下のお望みとあらば』

声優コメント「主人公の幼少時代もやらせていただきました。」

・「ルガド・ルガム」CV:大塚周夫
アイオニア聖皇国の宰相。国土全域に官僚機構を張りめぐらせる行政組織「岩の根」を管轄する。それだけでなく、研究機関の責任者も務め、聖皇国の頭脳ともいうべき人物。
1つの案件に対し、やるべきことを余すところなく網羅。有能な官僚として、聖皇国を支える。
『ふむ・・・・、諸君とはよくよく縁があるとみえるな』

・「ダムディン」CV:田尻浩章
アイオニア聖皇国軍の総帥と第1枝団長を兼任する武人。全身を覆う金属鎧よりも、生まれ持ったウロコのほうが堅いとされる。信念の人で、聖皇国に仇なす存在を許さない。もし味方となるのなら、これほど頼れる人物はいないだろう。
『聖皇国に仇なす禍根、ここで断つ!』

・「クイネリア・リウイス」CV:牛田裕子
アイオニア聖皇国軍第2枝団長を務める女性。すぐれた決断力と行動力を合わせ持つ。皇国の名門・リウイス家の直系で、一児の母でもある。弓の扱いに優れ、部下から「戦女神」と呼ばれ慕われる女傑。
『それこそ我が枝団が最も得意とする戦法だ。特に弓兵の練度には自信がある』

・「ディロム・ランツェス」CV:木島隆一
アイオニア聖皇国軍第3枝団長。実務能力が高く、部隊運用も巧みに行うが、「軍人としての魂と呼ぶものに欠ける」といわれ、周囲からの人望はあまりない。名門貴族の出身で、庶民を見下す傾向がある。
『おまえたちのようなシロウトの出る幕ではない』

●朱キ斧
朱キ斧は、反聖皇国を掲げて地方勢力の間で支持を広げている地下組織。三年前の事件で幹部が倒され、現在はアーロンが代表の座についている。組織名の由来は「たとえ同胞の血にまみれようとも、アイオニアという大樹を斬り倒す」という決意から。それを示すように、メンバーは右手に赤い手袋をつけている。
メンバーはそれぞれ大事な人を失い、巨大国家への復讐を誓っている。
彼らに共通する体験「マルティリオンの悲劇」とは?

・「アーロン」CV:若本規夫
白髪で長髪の初老の男性。
聖皇国の打倒を掲げ、地方勢力の間で支持を得る地下組織・朱キ斧のリーダー。二十数年前、自分の留守中に街が壊滅し、最愛の妻と子を失ったことで、反聖皇国活動を行う地下組織に参加。着々と足場を気付き、現在の地位を獲得した。
『アイオニアがある限り我々に幸福は無い!ゆえに我等は起ったのだ!!』

声優コメント「演説の才とカリスマ性があり、頭が切れる人物。ですが、自らに酔いしれるところがあり、うかつな部分も持つ人間臭いキャラクターです。」

・「ザヴィド」CV:櫻井孝宏
目つきの鋭い赤毛の青年。
聖皇国に味方する主人公に、激しい敵意を向ける青年。その理由は、三年前にマルティリオンで起こった反聖皇国組織の決起にある。決起に参加した彼は、聖皇国軍に友人を殺され、自らも重傷を負った。以降は、聖皇国への復讐を胸に生きる。
『邪悪なる毒樹アイオニアを斬り倒すには手段を選ぶ必要も必然もない!』

声優コメント「熱い呪術使いです。」

・「ゾシオム」CV:中尾隆聖
腰を曲げ杖を持った背の低い老魔術師。
朱キ斧の幹部で、アーロンの側近を務める老人。数十年前に聖皇国軍に家族を殺されたことで、復讐に生きるようになる。組織内では魔術の研究を担当しているらしいが…。
『わしらが外道なら、生きた人間を何千人も街ごと焼き殺したおのれらはいったい何じゃ!?』

・「ロシェル」CV:久川綾
朱キ斧の幹部の1人であり、アーロンの参謀として彼を支える文武両道の麗人。アーロンのことを心の底から崇拝している。なお、朱キ斧には大切なものを失った人間ばかりが名を連ねているが、彼女が入団した理由は明かされていない。
『急がせなさい!これではアーロン様をお迎えできませんわ!』

●地方勢力
シュラートの街やオロスク村、そして主人公の故郷であるテルベの里など、さまざまな地方勢力が聖皇国の周辺で自治を行っている。それらの地方勢力の有力者たちは、百年目の怪物を理由に従属を強いる聖皇国より、岐路に立たされている。宿星たちが彼らと出会うとき、この大陸をめぐる勢力バランスに、変化が起こるのだろうか。

・「ハガル・ビャルキ」CV:高橋英則
テルベの里を治める頭領。里の運営や外交に長け、民からの信頼も厚い。彼が武器を手に取るところを見た者はいないが、身のこなしは常人の域を超えている。それゆえ、頭領が本気になれば誰もかなわないだろうと恐れられている。
『だが、言いなりになるつもりはないし我々の土地に土足で踏み込む口実にもさせん』

・「ボールドン」CV:秋元羊介
オロスク村を統治する村長で、かなりの実力を持つ拳法家。異常なほど活力に満ちており、何ごとも他人に任せるのを嫌うあまり、自分から率先して動いてしまう。とはいえ、考えなしに行動しているわけではなく、村の人々から尊敬を集めている。
『私の村の者に危害を加えていたならばこの拳で制裁せねばならんっ!!』

声優コメント「とにかく熱い男!男っぽさがムンムンでした。」
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Hoshit!

Here, let me translate this little tweet first:

本日発売の電撃プレイステーションで『紡時』が掲載されています。敵キャラクターとそれを含めた世界観を初公開!杉田さん、櫻井さん、若本さん、久川さん、沢城さんなど非常に豪華なキャストです。是非ご覧ください。

"Tsumuji" will be published in Japan's newly-released Dengeki Playstation. This will be the first preview of the enemy characters and the world that includes them! They are voiced by a wonderful cast: Mr. Sugita, Mr. Sakurai, Ms. Hisakawa, and Ms. Sawashiro. Please be sure and look.

Now, on to the other stuff...This will take a while, probably.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Chibi Hero is cute in that artwork. Wish these info were in the copy of Dengeki I picked up earlier, but alas. This update looks meatier, even if the gameplay info continues to remain scarce.

So, we finally get to see the Holy Emperor of Ionia, and the Imperial crew. Ducasse's fellow soldiers, too. The designs remind of Falena, but since the tweet has not-so-subtly revealed that these are your enemies, too bad.

What is Damdin supposed to be, anyway? He doesn't look like he belongs to the same Tribe as Meamei, or does he?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

The person on the far left also reminds me of the Queen's Knights costume. Is this really an emperor? Looks more like an Empress...
What is Damdin supposed to be, anyway? He doesn't look like he belongs to the same Tribe as Meamei, or does he?
Somehow he reminds me a lot of an owl (one like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crested_Owl), so I guess he's part of the same tribe.
Kyair

Post by Kyair »

Antimatzist wrote:The person on the far left also reminds me of the Queen's Knights costume. Is this really an emperor? Looks more like an Empress...
That's what I thought. About the Queen's Knight costume, but I was thinking the character next to her could possibly be an Oracle or High Priestess of some sort? Instead of an empress that is.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Xelinis wrote:I'm still looking for bigger versions of those pictures, but I did manage to find this.

100年周期で現れ人々を襲う百年目の怪物(上の画像の右上にいる紫色の気持ち悪いやつ)。この脅威に対抗すべくアイオニア聖皇国は力を集結させていたが、過重な負担に不満をつのらされた地方都市は次々と独立を宣言する。だが、百年目の怪物の出現が間近に迫り、聖皇国は各都市に協力という名の服従を迫る。聖皇国に抵抗する勢力は、この状況にどう反応していくのか?
The Hundredth-Year Monster, who appears every 100 years and attacks people (that purple, creepy-looking thing in the above top-right image). The Holy Aionian Empire was gathering troops to face this menace, but cities in the area declared their independents because they were dissatisfied with the heavy burdens being imposed on them. However, urged by the coming advent of the Hundredth-Year Monster, The Holy Empire urged these cities to cooperate with them. How will the force resisting the Empire respond to these circumstances?

●アイオニア聖皇国
聖皇国は、有事の際は協力体制をとるという盟約のもと、地方都市の独立を承認していた。百年目の怪物の出現が間近となり、聖皇国は地方都市に協力を求める。だがそれは、軍隊を派遣して、盟約を盾に服従を強いるという、極めて不当なものだった。
*Holy Aionian Empire
The Holy Empire, in order to obtain their cooperation in an emergency, acknowledged the independence of the regional cities. The Holy Empire sought cooperation from the regional cities. But they dispatched an army, using their pledge as a front to unfairly demand submission.

●朱キ斧
聖皇国打倒を掲げて各地で暗躍する地下組織。地方都市の中にも、支持者は多くいるようだ。だが、百年目の怪物というイレギュラーな存在が出現したとなれば、多くの民がこの組織の動向に注目することだろう。彼らと主人公たちはどのようにかかわっていくのだろうか。
*Scarlet Axe
An underground organization secretly active in various places with the defeat of the Holy Empire in mind. It seems there are even supporters within the regional cities. But when an irregular existence, the Hundredth-Year Monster appears, there are many people who notice this organization's movements. How will they and the main characters be affected?

●地方勢力
聖皇国から独立自治を勝ち取った勢力。主人公たちが住むテベルの里も、この勢力に所属している。古き盟約に従い、聖皇国への協力要請には応じる構えではあるが、聖皇国に不満を感じる者も少なくない。平等な協力体制が成立するかは微妙なところだろう。
*The Regional Force
A force that won independence and self-government from the Holy Empire. The village where the main characters live, Teberu [sic], is part of this force. They are bound by an old oath to respond to the Holy Empire's requests for cooperation, but the number of people who feel dissatisfied is not small. It's doubtful that this system of cooperation is equally beneficial to both parties.

●アイオニア聖皇国
“百年目の怪物”に対抗するために建国された、世界最大の勢力。聖皇・レネフェリアスのもと、強力な軍と行政組織の2本柱に支えられている。また、これら以外にも、聖皇の身辺警護を担当する近衛騎士団「光葉騎士団」が存在。この部隊は軍に所属しているが、総帥を通さず聖皇が直々に勅命を下せる。
序盤は主人公たちが聖皇国に加担していると思われる描写もある。
*Holy Aionian Empire [again!?]
The greatest force in the world, it was founded in order to resist the "Hundredth-Year Monster." Under the Emperor, Leopherias, it is supported by two pillars: a strong army and an administrative organization.
Augh, I have to go to work! Sorry guys, I'll have to finish this later.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Additionally, we have some further staff confirmations. Nothing surprising.

Producer: Shingo Mukaitoge
Director: Osamu Komuta
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Also, according to the latest tweet, they've sold out of the encyclopedia.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Thanks for the translation, Rachael. And, Xelinis, to avoid double-posting, please use the Edit function instead to add new info.

Now that Komuta's active involvement is confirmed in spite of Frontier Gate's existence, it should be safe to expect Tsumuji will end up more similar to Tierkreis than those of the Old World. How sad.

I'm surprised that the encyclopedia (and thus the most expensive bundle) is sold out, despite the lack of gameplay info. Looks like their tactic to delay revealing Komuta's involvement worked to their advantage.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Xelinis wrote: Director: Osamu Komuta
He just won't be satisfied till he's run the series into the ground huh.

And that's two people from the Frontier Gate team, just throw in the Tri-Ace guy and the disaster is final. Whoever said the moron wouldn't try to direct two games at once?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.