NEW SUIKODEN ANNOUNCED BY KONAMI!!! (9-17-2011)

A forum for questions and discussions about the PSP game roughly translated as "The Woven Web of a Century"
dragons_descent4

Re: NEW SUIKODEN ANNOUNCED BY KONAMI!!! (9-17-2011)

Post by dragons_descent4 »

I thought the character in the video looked like Flik as well but that might be because of the bandana and the way the hair hangs down. Either way it would be interesting if it were him,or someone closely related,though I doubt it. Regardless,this is exciting news and I'm hoping for a western release.
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
- Viktor and Flik

Into dark humor? Check out my upcoming webseries!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morb ... 1697490455
Atma

Post by Atma »

Maybe a fanmade translation team should start forming so they can make a "Let's Play Suikoden" on youtube and translate every frame on video so we can watch it, lol... I'm not skeptical at all about a western release, no, not at all.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Glad to hear of this surprise announcement. Konami sure did have us had with their previous announcement that they are not working on any Suikoden (or perhaps they were not lying as this installation seems to be based on the Tierkreis branch).

Regardless, please keep things civil in the forums. Creating an account with a childish name is something only a loser would do (and the offending user was banned). If rules are broken, report the issue instead of duking it out inside the forums, please.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Yay. Tierkreis 2. Whoo.

Whilst I'm almost-happy there's a Suikoden related game on the horizon, I'm highly sceptical as I'd rather have a proper installment. Still, I'll withhold judgement until there's more information to roll with.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

New message from twitter says the PV will be shown at 12:00(2 hours from now) at the Frontier Gate stage. It's interesting that this latest news comes from twitter. I guess companies take twitter seriously as an advertising medium seriously nowadays.

Hmm, it does't say they'll show the Suikoden PV at 12:00. It just says they'll show the PV at 12:00 at the Frontier Gate stage, MEANING it could mean they're showing the Frontier gate PV instead... I just assumed it was Suikoden because it's posted on the Suikoden twitter...

---

I was just thinking about how they sold that giant encyclopedia after Tierkreis came out,
http://www.konamistyle.jp/item/62808

At this rate, they can release a new encyclopedia after each new Suikoden game...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

not sure if anyone noticed, but i created a separate forum for this game. it'll help us collect information..
http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=69

thanks
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Wow, they threw us for a loop. Glad to hear something is annouced regardless of if it's like Teirkreis or not.
The Director

Post by The Director »

There are only two bad things I can say about this news, its vague and it seems like the same world as tierkreis. Now don't get me wrong I enjoyed tierkreis but I don't understand why they bothered to give it the Suikoden title as the only thing it had in common was the 108 stars of destiny, a concept from Water Margin (or Outlaws of the Marsh etc.) originally. To me Suikoden tells the tale of a single universe/world, with the 27 true runes etc.

But otherwise it is fairly good news that at least spinoffs are being produced as that increases the chance of the main series returning.
rickstilwell1

Post by rickstilwell1 »

Finally a new entry, even if it is just a spin-off. I hope we get it and if not, a fan at least translates it. I was really disappointed after not getting the Suikoden 1 & 2 PSP release.
Atma

Post by Atma »

I would take a Suikoden VI on PSP, wouldn't mind at all...
Scotts

Post by Scotts »

The logo looks to have a Gateway in it. So, I'm guessing it's going to mess witht he ideas of Tierkreis some more. Which isn't so bad, but the lack of runes, the governing force of the world, is a disappointment. I've said since Tierkreis finished that all this Infinity nonsense could be cleared up if the Infinity were a True Rune that contained the "main world" while also existing within it.
whileheavenwept

Post by whileheavenwept »

Piisuke wrote: I'm also curious who's going to do the OST. I'm loving the music in the teaser, which I hope is part of the OST,
I'll definitely be getting the OST if and when they release one. Loving the opening music, really has an epic and powerful feel to it. It'll be interesting to see what other interesting music they'll have in the game. Does anyone know what type of sound quality the umd's have? Is it red book audio?

I'm still waiting on Konami to release the Suikoden OST Box Set they announced like 9 months ago :(. I pre-ordered that thing and it seems like Konami has completely forgot to actually produce the dang thing!
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Due to popular request, a huge chunk of this thread where the discussion went on the "canon or not canon?" tangent has been amputated into the new PSP release forum, so please go there for that sort of discussion.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

If the music in this game is anywhere near as good as in Tierkreis, that alone would make me buy it!
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Rachael wrote:If the music in this game is anywhere near as good as in Tierkreis, that alone would make me buy it!
Was it good? I actually only remember the original Suikoden tunes. II think I don't really remember because I often muted the game and the DS has a horrible audio output.. it sounds so bad.

What do you think, when can we expect more information on this game? Next Famitsu? Has anyone the possibility to check it out?