[FAQ] Requirements to continue story (meeting Pilika)

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Rikimaru

[FAQ] Requirements to continue story (meeting Pilika)

Post by Rikimaru »

i was reading up on some suiko 2 info. and came across a comment by the admin's about the "pilika mystery" and how her "appearance" is a mystery, i tried searching the forums and couldnt find anything so i was just wondering, whats the mystery?

ANSWER
Omnigamer wrote:So I have the full requirements to meet Pilika now.

There's an internal counter that gets set up as soon as you return to the mercenary Fort. It increments whenever you do certain things:

1. Recruit a character. This advances the counter by 5. Kinnison and Shiro only advance the counter by 5 once.
2. Enter the Fort. This increments the counter by 1. No other location increments the counter, as best as I can tell.
3. Time? It seems like people have confirmed that you can advance it by just waiting, but I wasn't able to advance the counter this way.

You can meet Pilika as soon as you have accumulated 17 or more points.
More detail!
BadPotato wrote:Ok I just tested that 17 enter/exit trick with the mercenary fort and it work, thanks to the info from Omnigamer. The memory address seem to be 0x6AD7E

Here's how it work:

When Flik & Viktor leave the group the counter is reseted
Enter in the mercenary fort give 1 point
Talk to the Inn keeper in Ryube give 1 point
Talk to the Inn keeper in Toto give 1 point
Recruit Rikimaru give 5 points
Recruit Millie give 5 points
Recruit Kinisson & Shiro give 5 points

When you enter in Toto village the game does indeed check if the counter is greater or equal to 17.

Talking to any other Inn Keeper(including Pohl) or recruiting Futch & Humphrey with the matilda glitch doesn't give any point.

edith: I also tried to wait 5 hours in therm of gameplay(while been under the 17 points required and recruting noboddy), so when I save the game show 5 hours and Pilika still didn't show up when going in Toto.
"How dare the Flame Champion appear after we've returned to Tinto, I will speak with him, or else!!" - Lilly Pendragon S3
"That place could turn an angel into a devil." - Elza S2
Antimatzist

Re: Pilika mystery

Post by Antimatzist »

the mystery is: what triggers the pilika scene in Toto in the beginning? I guess that's what it is and I always wondered what determines her appearance...
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Having Jowy with you does it. I wandered there before he showed up at the fort and I think she was just hanging out with her parents, nothing special.

The only thing about her that struck me as odd is when she takes you to the shrine. She'd recently been traumatized by the destruction of her village and seeing her parents murdered, then that bit with Luca at the fort... Just seems weird that she would think of the shrine when they passed through.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Nah, Having Jowy isn't the only trigger as it has been observed many times. That's mainly why it's been called a mystery for over a decade.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I think it's having recruited a minimum amount of people. I guess that's because you will need at least 6 people for the Sindar Ruins.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

K, so we are talking about that weird bit at the shrine then? I wasn't too far into my game so I got curious and started over to see this again. I'll take note of who's been recruited and who gets put into my party after the fort gets attacked. I think last time I had recruited everyone possible up to that point, but I don't remember who I was stuck with after the battle. If Jowy himself isn't the only trigger, I don't think any of the others would specifically be either. After all, he's supposed to be there, but the others are randomly chosen I think. I know they were different than who I had in my party before the battle, at least.

I do know that I was wrong before. Pilika is at her house alone when you can first meet her.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Rikimaru

Post by Rikimaru »

no its not the shrine screne, im pretty sure that scene will trigger no matter what after ur allowed to visit muse for the amulet and return to toto burned, its prior to that where u first meet pilika and i think ive got it narrowed down to this: u can hire 4 ppl @ ryube between when viktor gives u the "ok" to recruit and before pilika will show up(rikimaru, millie, kinnison/shiro) i tried recruiting all but kinnison/shiro and it wouldnt trigger, i also tried recruiting 1 by 1 checking toto each time and it would not trigger until all have been recruited. (not taking into consideration of prior recruits like mukumuku) so my guess is unless sum1 got it to trigger w/o recruiting those char's then their pretty much required. now lets see if i can still pull off this clive quest w/ all that nonsense running around testing :)
"How dare the Flame Champion appear after we've returned to Tinto, I will speak with him, or else!!" - Lilly Pendragon S3
"That place could turn an angel into a devil." - Elza S2
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

But Rikimaru can also be recruited in Coronet if you miss him in Muse, so he is not a must-have - maybe it then depends if Nanami is with you and Mukumuku, too...
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Mukumuku can be recruited later.

Nanami can actually be left behind and met up with at Muse, if I'm not mistaken.
Darkmere

Post by Darkmere »

Nanami and Mukumuku aren't needed to activate the Pilika arch. In my recent game, I chose to leave them behind, and it still activated. My guess is that it activates when you have at least three characters that you can use in the party due to having to do the whole Ruins story arc to get into Muse. Not counting Riou, Jowy and Nanami being must haves for that part of the game.

I haven't tested this out, so it's just a guess. Yet through the many times I have played it. That seems to be a constant to me.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Yeah if you don't rescue her in Kyaro, Nanami joins you when she can't get into Muse, I believe. Before the ruins, but after the 'mystery'.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Darkmere

Post by Darkmere »

Nanami shows up when you try to go into Muse after the fort falls with the Mukumuku in tow if you got him.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

For the record, I tried it after recruiting one, then two, then three, then four SoDs, not including Gengen. I had Millie, Kinnison and Shiro, then it worked the minute I recruited Rikimaru.

EDIT: This includes Nanami too ^.^
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Kobebrant

Post by Kobebrant »

I think last time I had recruited everyone possible up to that point, but I don't remember who I was stuck with after the battle. If Jowy himself isn't the only trigger, I don't think any of the others would specifically be either. After all, he's supposed to be there, but the others are randomly chosen I think.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Classic Bridesmaid Dresses|Black Junior Bridesmaid Dresses|Sheath Wedding Dresses|Maternity Wedding Dresses
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

so maybe you need 5 recruits (and Nanami counts as a recruit since she was optional to pick up)