Tengaar gets top spot in Top 5 list!

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Night Shadow

Tengaar gets top spot in Top 5 list!

Post by Night Shadow »

I'm assuming this is the place to put it, since its more of an announcement/sharing then anything.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... t-Redheads

I'm in love with Lisa Foiles. She's funny and witty at the same time. My praise for her grew to absurd levels when she placed Tengaar as the hottest red head. And I agree, Suikoden might as well be the greatest RPG game there is. She should do other Top 5's that are Suikoden centered. Anyone want to see the top 5 weirdest suikoden characters? Cuz there are tons. Estelle would probably top the list. =P
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
Archer

Re: Tengaar gets top spot in Top 5 list!

Post by Archer »

Huge props to a Suikoden character getting mentioned anywhere these days but oh how i wish it would have been Lilly up there. Lilly has everything Tengaar has; red hair, stunning looks, b!tch factor, Neclord experience.

Well i guess Lilly doesn't have Hix, luckily for him. I don't think he could survive Lilly. Then again Tengaar doesn't have a feathered musketeer hat, which is worth atleast 4 Hix's.
rickstilwell1

Post by rickstilwell1 »

Another thing I learned about Tengaar is that she is actually one of the most useful, powerful characters you could get if you customize her right. I just realized this in Suikoden II. She has a long ranged weapon so she can stay in the back out of the bulk of harm's way, but her main positive attribute is a high rune casting limit.

In S2 she comes pre-equipped with a normal Earth rune, but upgrade that to a Mother Earth rune and you get to use the spell that completely nullifies magic against your party for 1 attack. This is one of the most useful things against bosses in the game that I have seen. Earthquake which is the level 3 spell also deals quite a bit of damage and using it 2 or 3 times per battle is great.

In Suikoden 1 I hadn't used Tengaar much because I hadn't realized her power yet.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

I agree, she's definitely a great choice if you like using Earth runes. I totally feel sorry for Hix though lol
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

yeah, she can be an amazing member if you know how to tweak her correctly. i would always use tengaar, luc, and millie as my magic user dream team. eilie, too, sometimes.

hix is one lucky son of a gun. tengaar is totally awesome. ^_^
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

AH!! I got so excited when Tengaar was no. 1! That's brilliant!!

I never really give Tengaar the time of day like I should (there are so many characters that a lot get the same treatment) but I'm gonna replay both Suikoden 1 and 2 and she's gonna get some screen time.

Hilariously enough, I always switch Tengaar to fire because of her unite attack with Hix.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Not sure I've ever used their unite. Yet another reason for me to play again :)
UberPendragon

Post by UberPendragon »

She's got a decent affinity with fire too. Also if you give Hix the fire sealing rune this is a pretty decent unite and makes them an uber pair against Luca. I let her keep her earth magic, Earthquake pwns. Also other than Crowley and Luc I believe she's the best Mage in S1 and with a long range weapon the most useful.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

She and also Rubi have been frequent staples for me for that reason (at least in SI). I'm more partial to tanks, but versatile mages rock. Hix is the reason I don't think I've used their unite, even though I like him more than her as far as characters go. He just doesn't seem very useful compared to the many others who are available.

Also, Earthquake does indeed pwn.
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

when i was younger, i never used any tanks, and relied on rune users the whole time. she'd always be there.

can anyone remind me how their unite looks like? hix is one of the average characters, but its fun to put him in with tengaar.

and yes, it does. what more for mother earth. =)
UberPendragon

Post by UberPendragon »

Hix Jumps forward and attacks the target, Tengaar casts a fireball that hits both hix and the target, I think it does 2x dmg to enemy and hurts Hix, I don't think anyone is unbalanced at the end though.

Also, Hix is in no way average. He is a well balanced and very useful character, particularly so in S2 where he has developed to be more like Flik without having to use the way overused Flik. First game his stat growth wasn't great but he's still a solid character.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

He's definitely better in II, no argument from me there. He is balanced, but just doesn't really stand out much in any particular area, especially in the first game. He certainly isn't the worst character by any means though.