Which Suikoden games do you own?

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.

Which of these Suikoden games do you own (original copy, no PSN/PSP)?

You may select up to 10 options

View results

AuthenticM

Re: Which Suikoden games do you own?

Post by AuthenticM »

I own the original (PSN, III, V and Tierkreis.

I need to know this: should I buy IV? Every gaming website gave it a pretty standard score, but what scares me away from the game is the apparently way-too-high random encounter rate. Is this true? Is there anything at all frustrating about Suikoden IV? Because I'd really like to play and enjoy every game in the series.

Also, I once owned Suikoden Tactics but gave it to a friend for his birthday. I had played the first mission and didn't think too highly of it. That was years ago. I think I made a mistake. Have I?
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Can't tell you anything about tactics, but I think people give IV a hard time. Yeah the encounter rate is a little high and you have to sail a lot, but it wasn't as bad as it's made out to be. I thought it was a pretty decent game overall. Doesn't compare to II or III, but as long as you go into it knowing it's different you should be fine. It's kinda short compared to the others, though.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

AuthenticM wrote:I own the original (PSN, III, V and Tierkreis.

I need to know this: should I buy IV? Every gaming website gave it a pretty standard score, but what scares me away from the game is the apparently way-too-high random encounter rate. Is this true? Is there anything at all frustrating about Suikoden IV? Because I'd really like to play and enjoy every game in the series.

Also, I once owned Suikoden Tactics but gave it to a friend for his birthday. I had played the first mission and didn't think too highly of it. That was years ago. I think I made a mistake. Have I?

well if you decide to get IV you definitely made a mistake as a perfect 108 SOD file unlocks Lazlo(Hero IV) in Suikoden tactics, along with his True rune. Not to mention that characters have their armor transferred over from your Suikoden IV game.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

son_michael wrote:

well if you decide to get IV you definitely made a mistake as a perfect 108 SOD file unlocks Lazlo(Hero IV) in Suikoden tactics, along with his True rune. Not to mention that characters have their armor transferred over from your Suikoden IV game.
Last part is not true, I don't recall something like this... might be wrong though.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

yea, their armor is not transferred
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
AuthenticM

Post by AuthenticM »

I have received my copy of Suikoden IV and Suikoden Tactics, because yes, I've rebought the game brand-new, for 20$. :)
dragons_descent4

Post by dragons_descent4 »

I own the games I-V,Tactics and Tierkreis,I wish I had the suikogaidens and card stories!!!!
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
- Viktor and Flik

Into dark humor? Check out my upcoming webseries!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morb ... 1697490455
Darkmere

Post by Darkmere »

I only own the first two for the Playstation. Though right now, my copy of the first one freezes up alot.
dragons_descent4

Post by dragons_descent4 »

Darkmere wrote:I only own the first two for the Playstation. Though right now, my copy of the first one freezes up alot.
That happened to my first copy of the first one,it got to a point where it just stopped working. My friend got me a new copy so all is well,but it was a pain whenever it would freeze up or not save my data.
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
- Viktor and Flik

Into dark humor? Check out my upcoming webseries!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morb ... 1697490455
chibinovachan

Post by chibinovachan »

I own Suikoden 1-5, Rhapsodia, Tierkries and both Suikogaidens although unfortunately I have no way of playing them. I would love to get my hands on a copy of Card Stories. I know you can play Japanese games in a US GBA, but can you play Japanese GBA games on a US DS? I had it for emulator at one point but I would love to have the actual game!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

The Nintendo DS is region free and GBA games are region free, I don't see why you shouldn't play it on a US-DS. :)
Ellyos

Post by Ellyos »

I owned Suikoden I in PAL version, but now I have a copy only (desperate to find one at decent price :? ).
I own Suikoden II, IV, Tactics and V in PAL version.
I own Suikoden III in NTSC-US version (and bought the magic swap system to play on my PAL PS2).

I also own Suikogaiden I and II even if I can't play to them because I don't understand japanese. Anyway, I'm following the translation work in progress about the first one which is almost done.

I've just acquired Suikoden Tierkreis after I played to it on DS emulator. Now I just need a DS -_-... my order was cancelled, and now prices are a bit too much for this :/
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Four party members as opposed to six, ridiculously high encounter rate, huge world map, small islands, hardly any place to explore, overal plot lacks, no distinguished villain, etc.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Now that I've had a chance to play V, I have to say that the encounter rate is far worse than in IV. I went through IV a few times and don't remember being nearly as frustrated by them. Just the ridiculous amount of encounters sneaking into Lunas are worse than all of IV's put together.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

I think Suikoden IV had more encounters.

Although, Suikoden V has way longer time to just unsheathe your weapons to prepare for battle. That, sure is dull looking at. Waiting for them to flex around and get ready to fight.