Your taste in music

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Jowy Atreides

Re: Your taste in music

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I've been listening to a lot of dubstep lately. Cookie Monsta is my favorite, although several groups are almost as good.
ttfii

Post by ttfii »

Since I can't just name genres... I'll just namedrop bands/artists that I like. In no particular order:

Nine Inch Nails, Foetus, Manorexia, Steroid Maximus, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Ennio Morricone, Nick Cave, Leonard Cohen, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Tom Waits, Fantomas, Mr. Bungle, Mondo Cane, Faith No More, Tomahawk, Pink Floyd, KMFDM, Ministry, Reverend Horton Heat, Social Distortion, DeVotchKa, Gogol Bordello, The Pogues, Bohren & der Club of Gore, Butthole Surfers, Deerhunter, Apoptygma Berzerk, Genghis Tron, Horse the Band, Glassjaw, Head Automatica, Liars, Mogwai, Ulver, Tool, Tiger Army, A Silver Mt. Zion, The Zombies, Red Elvises, The Cramps, Dillinger Escape Plan, Andrews Sisters, Team Sleep, Swans, Sneaker Pimps, Portishead, Stolen Babies, Strapping Young Lad, Stan Getz, And One, Clint Mansell, Pop Will Eat Itself, Bile, Dan Sartain, Denali, Einsturzende Neubauten, Elysian Fields, God Forbid, Hank III, Dr. Octagon, Handsome Boy Modeling School, Julie London, John Kaada, Killing Joke, Kayo Dot, Messer Chups, My Bloody Valentine, Nitzer Ebb, ohGr, Skinny Puppy, Jesu, Godflesh, Project Pitchfork, Revolting Cocks, Lard, Sigur Ros, Secret Chiefs 3, Nobuo Uematsu, Ricky Nelson, Gene Pitney, Madlove, Battles, Eyvind Kang, His Name is Alive, Thrill Kill Kult...
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Yeah you cant list genres, its way to unspecific. Like for example, i could say that i like country music because i like a few country bands but i dont like Dolly Parton and every other musician under that genre. Genres are stupid, they are just a way of putting musicians together in boxes and labelling them as the same type of thing. Most music now is a complete mismash of these 'genres' anyway, a bit of hip hop raping with a rock beat and a classical string sample topped off with some pop singing in the chorus. I mean its just ridiculous genres shouldnt exist.

Glassjaw rock, they've released some new songs in Cd format, but you can find good quality versions of them on the internet. 'Jesus-glue' and 'so you think your f*****g john lennon' are probably the best two.

I saw Battles when they came to London touring Mirrored, they were awesome they played a few new songs that saddly never got released. Have you heard their new album Gloss Drop, Its suprisingly good considering that Tyondai's left the band.
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

My taste in music huh?
I've done my best to explore all genres I could think of, but I mostly go with rock, punk or metal. I also find that in general I love any kind of music that has a super-fast pace.
There was also a time where I went out of my way to explore music that were either from different countries or some that just don't have english as their main language.

I'll list a few of my favorites that I very much recommend for everyone else to check out if you haven't already. :mrgreen:

USA - Flogging Molly, The Ramones, Bad Religion
UK - The Libertines, Bloc Party.
Japan - Last Alliance, Ayumi Hamasaki, Stance Punks.
Sweden - Ebba Grön
Finland - Ruoska, Sonata Arctica, Apulanta, Kotiteolisuus.
Germany - Gamma Ray
France - Vulgaires Machins
Spain - Marea
Mexico - Rodrigo y Gabriela
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

Hmmm... I've been listening to a lot of Poe recently, just because of Alan Wake.

I usually listen to alternative/folk/stuff that sounds good. :lol: The Fray. Goo Goo Dolls. Indigo Girls. Fiona Apple. Jamie Cullum. James Morrison. Kirby Krackle (geek band!). Weezer. Jewel. Tori Amos.
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

DoReMi_Vampire wrote:My taste in music huh?
I've done my best to explore all genres I could think of, but I mostly go with rock, punk or metal. I also find that in general I love any kind of music that has a super-fast pace.
There was also a time where I went out of my way to explore music that were either from different countries or some that just don't have english as their main language.

I'll list a few of my favorites that I very much recommend for everyone else to check out if you haven't already. :mrgreen:

USA - Flogging Molly, The Ramones, Bad Religion
UK - The Libertines, Bloc Party.
Japan - Last Alliance, Ayumi Hamasaki, Stance Punks.
Sweden - Ebba Grön
Finland - Ruoska, Sonata Arctica, Apulanta, Kotiteolisuus.
Germany - Gamma Ray
France - Vulgaires Machins
Spain - Marea
Mexico - Rodrigo y Gabriela
<3 I was on a Helloween concert 3 years ago, and Gamma Ray was support and SO MUCH better than Helloween. hehe.
But you're lucky, as a swedish guy you have a great metal scene imo.. In Solitude, Enforcer, Portrait...
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Agree about the genre bit. I like a few bands from different genres, but not even really most of any genre. KMFDM, the Cruxshadows, Sisters of Mercy and Scorpions have a place in my heart, and I have been getting into a little folk metal, too.

Also, Accept's Balls to the Wall is the greatest album of all time.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Raou

Post by Raou »

I listen to a lot of metal. Metallica, Black Label Society, Megadeth, and so on. I do listen to more than just metal but when I'm getting ready for something, it has to be metal that pumps me up.

Although, I've been on a Bright Eyes kick lately, which is the opposite of metal.
Ved

Post by Ved »

I listen to everything! Swing towards the rock genre. Big fan of the Foo Fighters at the moment, also Rage Against the Machine, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Nirvana, Green Day, Shihad, Avenged Sevenfold...

I could go on forever, but I won't.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

OMG SHIHAD! I love them. So much. They went to my high school ^.^
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Ved

Post by Ved »

Shihad are totally awesome. Seriously though, what the hell, who DIDN'T go to your high school?
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Flight of the Conchords.

...they went to the high school 400m down the road.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
king luca blight

Post by king luca blight »

I've been listening to 90's hip hop
Even if you kill me and defeat Highland, you won't have peace!!!! You'll have a defeated country screaming for our vengence!!!"
It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the THOUSANDS!!! I am sublime!!! I am the true face of evil!!!!
Ved

Post by Ved »

Lol. Flight of the Conchords are amazing :lol:
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Since this time last year (ish) I've had the privilege of seeing my favourite band of all time thrice.

If the username didn't give it away, my favourite band are Primus, and the latter two shows were on consecutive nights early this month at the prestigious Royal Albert Hall in London. The acoustics there are amazing, such an excellent sound (on the second night anyway, few "teething" issues at the start of the first) and it made for a truly amazing experience.

Especially given the first night's set consisted of Sailing The Seas Of Cheese and Green Naugahyde in their entirities, with an encore of Groundhog's Day and Wynona's Big Brown Beaver (one of their biggest "hits" that they swore off playing in the 90s).

The second night was a more standard, career-spanning show were they played nearly everything I hoped they would, and a few that pleasantly surprised me! Unfortunately some massive prick (and he was massive, by the way) stole Les' hat from off his head that night and it unfortunately got thrashed in the ensuing chaos. the band, Les included, didn't even skip a beat, not once did they stop playing throughout, even when Les disappeared backstage to get a new hat.

Man, it was so good that I'm truly gutted I'll likely never experience anything like that again.

Anyone else been to any truly awe-inspiring gigs lately?