"New" Suikoden Trademark

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Xelinis

Re: "New" Suikoden Trademark

Post by Xelinis »

Vextor, if I may ask, what is Ishikawa's twitter account? I wouldn't mind following it myself.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Her account is "fumippo"
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I was going through an old magazine from Febuary 2008 and in the rumors section it had that "Suikoden VI for Wii" thing. The funny thing is that as I look at all the other rumors, they have all come true in some part, except that one. Yet.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Well if Suikoden VI is coming for Wii, i guess i got at least one reason for keeping that console.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Well, considering it was 2008 it may have been a misrepresentation of Tierkreis which went to the other Nintendo console.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

True. But... Seeing as it's Suikoden, i've a feeling they won't use the PS3 or 360's graphical abilities, so i guess it would make somewhat sense to put it on Wii, i hope not though!

Another thing that was discussed, was how its gonna be released, in stores, or just download and be treated as such. I know for a fact that Square-Enix is making a Tomb Raider thing with the new "Lara Croft" series, and make it download only. If Konami were to do such a thing, but still treat it like a regular game, it might work, although i doubt it. Means even less marketing, and we cant really afford that.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Latest buzz:

"Game Lab" which is a Japanese gaming magazine, reported that the "next Suikoden is being developed for the PS3, and will be revealed during the TGS." However, this information was released in their "industry rumors" section, which doesn't guarantee that the information is true.

However, at least it's buzz coming from a publication in Japan, which is more than we've had in the past few years.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

That would be the first time they reveal at TGS rather than slightly before it. Not impossible I suppose, but it would suggest that Konami are planning to market it strongly this time as with it's current status such a reveal would be ineffective.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The rumor also added that Konami was asked by Sony to not reveal it earlier than TGS, so perhaps that addresses what you bring up.

Then again, this is just a rumor so who knows if we will be disappointed again.
Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

Seriously, I'm just happy that there's a rumour coming from Japan. At least it kinda brings in some hope....
Let me keep dreaming, please...
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Vextor wrote:The rumor also added that Konami was asked by Sony to not reveal it earlier than TGS, so perhaps that addresses what you bring up.

Then again, this is just a rumor so who knows if we will be disappointed again.
This is the first I've heard of this rumor, where did it originate from? When compared with the sales of series like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and Tales, it doesn't feel like Sony would really care much about what Konami does with Suikoden.

EDIT: Need to have my eyes checked, missed the Game Lab post.
Last edited by Xelinis on Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The "Game Lab" magazine, apparently.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Vextor wrote:Then again, this is just a rumor so who knows if we will be disappointed again.
See, the thing is we've seen rumors about it coming to TGS for four years straight now. The difference is that this is a Japanese mag rather than some dude on a rumor mill blog that posts on N4G.

If Konami were making Suikoden 6 for PS3/PSP only, Sony would definitely save it for TGS itself. They got burned by this year's E3 strategy: reveal most of your stuff before E3 and let the momentum carry you through, which actually would have worked had Nintendo not come out of the gate swinging with a metric crapton of "core" games at their show.
Formerly known as: Gothann
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Well, I'll be paying close attention to TGS anyway for Last Guardian information. If true, this could be epic for me, as I primarily game on my PS3. I'm going to try and assume that it's not going to happen, though, as its just a rumor. But I'm also an eternal optimist, so really for the next month I'll just be crossing my fingers.
Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

When is the Tokyo Game Show exactly?