[FAQ] True Rune?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
Lieza

[FAQ] True Rune?

Post by Lieza »

I have not played the japanese version of this game yet, but I was wondering if and what the true rune was. What powers does it hold..? Please hit me back.
SnowKing

Re: True Rune?

Post by SnowKing »

No true rune. No runes. At all. The magic system is a bit more generic, it's called the 'Mark of the Stars'. This question has been answered already somewhere I think, you could always look, it may be a little more in-depth.
"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The use of these marks is more similar to runes than one would expect though.

Basically, each character comes with a preset inventory of marks that you gain as you progress through the plot. (So, no secret overpowered marks to be obtained!) And, each character has four "slots" to equip these marks.

A mark may contain either a boost to specific stats (see: skills or status runes), powered up physical attack commands (see: command runes) or specific magic spells (see: more like single-spell scrolls as opposed to magic runes).

In other words, the introduction of these Marks of the Stars pretty much supersedes the Runes system from past titles. At least, as far as Tierkreis and its spin-off status is concerned.
Lieza

Post by Lieza »

Thanks for the information!
Sagiri

Re: [FAQ] True Rune?

Post by Sagiri »

There are more people that bear the marks than there are who bear true runes.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.