Cursed

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
yuberluc

Cursed

Post by yuberluc »

Has anyone notice, that all the true bearer (or all heros) in suikoden series are not happy,or feeling uncomfortable as a hero?like they all have a heavy burden in their life.. why not they accepted it that their have destiny to change the world to a better future..?
Chaos will suit me just fine
avenger

Re: Cursed

Post by avenger »

My theory is that Konami wanted to express the Hero in this nature, to enhance the storyline and reactions of other stars of destiny.

Think about this for a minute. If the heros were happy go lucky about their rune power, it wouldn't sit well. This is a big responsibility to a person to carry the burden of such wicked runes.

Kyril was lucky and didn't have a wicked rune, however the loss of his father put a strain on him as well as other game events..

Hero 5 didn't have an evil rune either, however, his mother did and she killed her husband aka dad to hero, so all this put soo much stress on hero 5.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Suikoden is a war drama after all, so expect to see lots of suffering. Families are torn apart, fathers and sons must fight to death, children die, villages are slaughtered and so on. The heroes are in the center of the story, so they have to suffer too.

They are in the midlle of a war, you dont expect them to be all smiles, right? It would be strange to have protagonist who enjoys all the bloodshed.
A Viking protagonist?
avenger

Post by avenger »

that's right, however there is one star of destiny that enjoys causing pain and suffering, excuse me two.
Yuber and Luc.
Yuber is just Yuber he is pure evil.. Luc on the other hand, went and gave it his all for two heros. He got nothing out of it. So , he repayed the good people by going evil.
When he told Hugo about his past, he made sure Hugo knew why he was doing what he was.
The heros in each game did have their happy moments however for the most part, they were portraited the way Konami had intended.
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

yes, i just realized it,more like a curse then if u have true rune in your body.
well i guess lucs theory was right then,all runes have to be destroyed to gain a happiness.
of course if you want to gain happiness there also sacrifice and risk to be taken.

For Yuber, yes he's true evil,no doubt about it pal :twisted:
Chaos will suit me just fine