Suikoden Cosplay

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Diogo_Killey

Suikoden Cosplay

Post by Diogo_Killey »

Hi! I'm new in the forum and I'd like to know about the suikoden cosplayers from here ^^". You see, I am forming a Suikoden Cosplay Group here in Brazil. Well... I think my group is the only one in the hole country and there are not many people that actually get to recognize us but it's fun! So, if it's possible, I'd like to see some pictures of other suikoden cosplay in the world, perhaps that would inspire more friends of mine to join my group! One day we will have 108 Cosplayers and make a huge big presentation in the stage! Thank you!
Sagiri

Re: Suikoden Cosplay

Post by Sagiri »

Wow that sounds fun! I wish I lived in Brazil instead of America...
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Ayu.Craz-azn

Post by Ayu.Craz-azn »

I've always wanted to do Suikoden cosplay
but i'm always deathly afraid of looking like a complete retard =[
Tenko5

Post by Tenko5 »

Ayu.Craz-azn wrote:I've always wanted to do Suikoden cosplay
but i'm always deathly afraid of looking like a complete retard =[
That is why no one in the whole world should do cosplays. 96% look retarded and ugly 3% look retarded or ugly and about 1% look good. See please dont do it for our sake. And, if you do dont put it anywhere well see it.
Those who know much suffer much. "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Why can't you be more sincere and earnest?! Like me!
Kyle: Yeah, how's that working out for you again?
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Actually, that isn't necessarily true.

While I've never cosplayed, I've seen a ton of people who looked remotely decent all dressed up. People only tend to look foolish when they dress up as someone they don't resemble at all.
Like Me, a black guy, cosplaying as . . I dunno, Luc. Obviously I don't look like Luc at all, so I'd look foolish.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Aidenn_Howls_XI

Post by Aidenn_Howls_XI »

Honestly,
Don't let anyone dissuade you from trying Cosplay, sure, plenty of people look awful in it, but it's not about that at all. Where I'm from one of the biggest conventions of the year is Anime-Central "A-cen", and one of the biggest fan favorites is a 40 year old man who dresses in a Sailor Moon costume, he has a huge fan following and plenty of people support him, "Sailor-Bubba" as he is affectionately refered to, even had his own bobble head available paid for by the convention commitee. Personally, I made a Link costume from The Legend of Zelda, and it was met with great response even though it was hand made and was missing some parts. People who do it, cosplay I mean, appreciate the effort to pay homage to the great things in this world that make people happy. So go ahead, make your group, and I'll even be a part of it. Tell me which game you're planning on getting your 108 from and I'll start making a costume!
Kagiya

Post by Kagiya »

To be honest I've rarely cosplayed as a character I really liked. I usually cosplay as a character from anime/videogame that the rest of my group (5 girls, 1 guy- all of us in medical professions, and all either Japanese or Vietnamese) does. Last year it was gintama, this year it is looking to be kuroshitsuji. Half the time I haven't seen the series I'm cosplaying It is a lot of fun to do cosplay in groups. For me cosplay is more about showing off my effort to reproduce the outfits and accessories rather than homage.

Most people do it as homage to their favorite characters and most people just fine in their costumes, a few spectacular. With suikoden you don't get as noticed at cons because the series is not well known. You also tend not to get glomped either, so that is nice. Most suikoden cosplayers that get noticed because the difficulty of their costumes such as people who do arshtat or because the outfits are pretty (my friend got noticed in her hazuki outfit because of the attention to detail). But yeah it is fun.

The only issue I have with people cosplaying are people who do hairy man-Faye's. It's not funny, it is gross. >.> And people who are really overweight and wear skintight clothes. It is just not flattering.
Nezumi

Post by Nezumi »

Actually I just finished my 7 year long dream and cosplayed my greates idol, Odessa. My figure is not as thin as I would like it to be and I'm missing my bow (and I'm still not completely happy with the wig... but it's just so pretty). But i don't think anyone in their right mind can call this ugly or retarded O.o

But don't take my word for it, look for yourself. My Odessa Cosplay

By the way, I'm trying to make Finnish Suikoden cosplay group of myself :D We have already seven members; Luca Blight, Jowy (the white coat!), Lucia (suiko2 versio), Elza, Clive, and two who cant deside who they will be yet ^^
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Nezumi wrote:
I like it.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Cerahbes

Post by Cerahbes »

nice Odessa =)

don't let the negative types keep you from creating costumes, its fun making them and its fun to wear them
Suikoden fans at conventions are the best - they will immediately call you out, and talk to you at length since Suikoden cosplay is pretty rare

I've made a Sasarai - Suikoden 3, and Luc - Suikoden 3
think I've posted pictures before somewhere...
XIII

Post by XIII »

like the others said don't let the negatives bring you down and stop you from trying to cosplay. I'm not really into cosplaying but I would like to give it a try sometime. My experiences with Suikoden cosplayers here in Seattle however weren't as great as either they don't want to talk to you or too shy to even say a word to you xD One of them dressed up as the Flame Champion and when I took a picture he just stood still so didn't really have a feel of character into it xD

I will link you to the pictures as soon as I find them xD

Good luck with the group Diogo ^^
Cerahbes

Post by Cerahbes »

lol last con I went to, I was in my Luc costume, with the bishop mask on - I saw some girl dressed up as Luc from Suikoden 2 from across a very long distance in a food court

she glanced over at me, and I pointed at her and said in a rough voice, you are the good me ... I think I startled her , had a lil talk though was good
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

[quote="Nezumi"]

quote]

I think its pretty. I wanna make a cosplay but I don't know how and only two of my friends play suikoden.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.