Suikoden III 383,121
Suikoden II 381,708
Suikoden IV 304,561
Suikoden I 213,668
Suikoden V 191,673 ;_; I love this game
Suikoden Tierkreis 166,260
Rhapsodia 72,469
Suikoden I&II PSP port 26,884
And people continue to wonder why Tierkreis went to Nintendo, and why Konami decided against localising the PSP bundle?

That said, Suikoden IV must have been a great shock to the market that everything after it took a major hit in sales. Damn.
LanceHeart

Re: Suikoden Tierkreis Popularity

Post by LanceHeart »

I think the game going to the DS is more a question of the DS being far more popular when it comes to RPGs. None of the three consoles have sales that demonstrate the genre's popularity. With the 360 getting a lot of high profile JRPGs and the PS3 still beating it worldwide for new IPs (and the Wii is somewhere far behind), I'm pretty sure Konami didn't want to gamble on a console with Tierkreis.

The game's production value seems about on par with that of a sub-PS1 game. If they had put it on the PSP they still would've had to pull out as much money as they did on the PS2 with Suikoden V. Overall, the DS was the only platform they could have looked at and it worked out... in the end.

We can only hope Konami didn't red-light another Suikoden project based on, say, the first five weeks of sales. Unlike any other game in the franchise before it, Suikoden Tierkreis is a true cult hit. It sold over time instead of selling a large bunch on opening week and dying three weeks out.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Kuruma84

Post by Kuruma84 »

KFCrispy wrote:Here's a comparison...
Suikoden I: .21 mil
Suikoden II: .38 mil
Suikoden III: .38 mil
Suikoden IV: .31 mil
Suikoden V: .19 mil
Suikoden Tierkreis (Japan + US sales): .18 mil
Well the game hasn't been out for a month in English yet, so if that's true it may actually sell better than Suikoden V. o.o'
And if EU sales aren't included then it probably already has.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

You're actually comparing Japan-only sales for Suikoden V to Japan + US sales of Tierkreis. If you were to include all regions you'd obviously have a higher amount for Suikoden V.

Japan-only sales for Suikoden V is 0.19M and Tierkreis is 0.17M
koriand'r

Post by koriand'r »

I was expecting double the 0.17 mil sales it received. It is a hand held game and there have been hand held's that sold into 0.20mil or 0.40mil. I am sure some of konami staff involved in this would be thinking that as well. So to me that is a bit low. I would be alarmed if the 0.17 sales was the combined sales of japan and U.S, meaning it barely sold at all outside if that was the case. It is early days and i don't think we'll hear where konami will take this till late may or june personally about if it lived to its epectations or not.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

NA Sales aren't much better. They apparently haven't broken 20K yet.
koriand'r

Post by koriand'r »

That's bad. No denying that, if it can't break into NA then I can't see much of a future of the series making an impact in the EU. I'm waiting for a definate responce on konami's part but its not promising.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

KFCrispy wrote:vgchartz.com's last update is 3/27; i'm not sure how accurate it is, but it says the total sales in Japan is 0.17 million (170,000) and US sales is .01 million (10,000). (and... how trustworthy is this site??)

Here's a comparison...
Suikoden II: .38 mil
Suikoden III: .38 mil
Suikoden IV: .31 mil
Suikoden I: .21 mil
Suikoden V: .19 mil
Suikoden Tierkreis (Japan + US sales): .18 mil

no info on Suikoden Tactics (US), but the Japanese title Rhapsodia was .07 mil
Suikoden I & II (PSP-Japan only): .03 mil
Well, a semi-dead thread but here goes. Accdg, to vgchartz, Tierkreis has surpassed Suikoden V's sales and tied with Suikoden with 0.21mil.

Good news? Bad news?
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Runemaster wrote:Well, a semi-dead thread but here goes. Accdg, to vgchartz, Tierkreis has surpassed Suikoden V's sales and tied with Suikoden with 0.21mil.

Good news? Bad news?
Again, that's comparing Tierkreis US + Japan sales to Japan only sales for all others.

And that means Tierkeis didn't sell more than 40,000 in the U.S. and that's a failure no matter how you slice it that will hopefully ensure we will never have to suffer through a crapfest like that again.

As far as I'm concerned that's freaking good new and since Tierkreis has done the worst of any stand alone title thus far hopefully Konami will bury it like the mistake it is, declare it non-canon and never mention it again, especially not in the real series, and never let Komuta touch the series again.

Infinity and One King my ass.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.