Official Suikoden Tierkreis news

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-release board.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Official Suikoden Tierkreis news

Post by patapi »

Hey, it's been a while. Thanks for keeping up with the news, oshunter!

Looking on the bright side, it's nice to have a slightly different cover art to put alongside my JP copy, huh. At least this one isn't as bad as Tactics or, gasp, Suikoden I's NA cover.

IMO, they should have launched the new staff blog BEFORE Tierkreis' release. There are some newer artworks on there, but I guess right now it is news for Suikoden VI that we are all after.

As for the NA preorder bonuses, I wonder how they'd measure up against the JP ones. Still, it's better than none at all.

p.s. I'm impressed that they are putting out the audio drama for Suikoden II straight to CD. Guess the cost incurred by Suikoden I's internet radio must have been quite an amount. I have also compared the Extra Soundtrack list with the OST released earlier; there seems to be quite a good amount of new tracks. Perhaps with a remix or two?
suikodian

Post by suikodian »

patapi wrote: As for the NA preorder bonuses, I wonder how they'd measure up against the JP ones. Still, it's better than none at all.

p.s. I'm impressed that they are putting out the audio drama for Suikoden II straight to CD. Guess the cost incurred by Suikoden I's internet radio must have been quite an amount. I have also compared the Extra Soundtrack list with the OST released earlier; there seems to be quite a good amount of new tracks. Perhaps with a remix or two?
I hope the size of the artbook is not the same as Suikoden V preorder artbook.
So getting the limited edition was not enough, now I have to get the extra soundtrack as well. Hopefully, amazon will list it soon.
BTW, who is Ishikawa?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Fumi Ishikawa, the lead artist for Suikoden II, III and the Suikogaiden volumes (and, of course, Over Zenith). She is still drawing artworks for Suikoden these days, albeit less prominent. One of the pre-release artwork on Tierkreis' website was done by her.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

IGN has a slew of new English screenshots.

http://media.ds.ign.com/media/142/14275824/imgs_1.html

I spy someone who named his hero Orange, someone else who named him Genso.
Formerly known as: Gothann
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Eek, one of the screenshot implies a spoiler, so beware.

It's nice that they preserved the "Orange" company references in the translation, unlike Chiepoo's line back in Suikoden IV.

Another scene also shows the Hero being named Sieg.

Additionally, these confirms translations of the less important location names that I've not been able to pin down until now:
- Ch'olui Mountains
- Gineh Valley
- Noslaw Woods
- Wilds of Veile
suikodian

Post by suikodian »

Amazon.com has an interesting advertisement video for the NA release.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/m148SOD842T8F3
suikodian

Post by suikodian »

Suikoden Tierkreis Special Site went online on February 13.
Also, i-revo has a page that seems to be a portal for Suikoden games.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Not really Tierkreis related news, per se, but Original Sound Version has an interview with Miura. Check it out here.

http://www.originalsoundversion.com/?p=1147
Formerly known as: Gothann
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

http://www.konamistyle.jp/ecitem/item54708.html

Just a reminder here for anyone's interested in the Official Soundtrack, the standalone release is out today.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

For those who are interested.. the German Boxart.

I hate those USK-Logos :(
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Another cover variation to add to people's collection, huh. Otherwise, too much focus on that loud main character can't be a good thing.

And that logo is VERY obstructive. Takes up way too much space.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

patapi wrote:And that logo is VERY obstructive. Takes up way too much space.
Every DS Game in germany has to have it, it's a new...la2 (? don't know; either that or Nintendo just wants to please parents. But it's so silly to have this for a game rated for 6 year olds...)
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Don't know why I didn't notice this earlier, but you can grab samples of all the tracks on the 3-disc soundtrack (minus bonus tracks) from this website.

http://www.konamistyle.jp/sp/genso/ex_l ... genso_item
suikodian

Post by suikodian »

The link must have been added recently, it was not there when they made the announcement.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

An interesting staff blog entry discussing key decisions behind Tierkreis' production.
http://mp.i-revo.jp/user.php/genso-staff/entry/12.html

Paraphrased interpretation...

The Production Director talks about how up to that point the series has always shared a common timeline and setting, how this was one of the reasons why people stay with the series, and how the team needed to continue with where it left off.

They felt the basis behind Tierkreis' central plot wouldn't fit well into the established Suikoden world, yet they went on to explore the many possibilities, which led to them considering the Million World (localised as the Infinity) concept previously hinted at many times throughout the series.

And the rest was history.

That said, I especially like the second of the two initial images attached in that same blog entry. Its resemblance to Tierkreis' graphics style is very little; a potential hint to a future title?