Favorite game of the main series?

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.

What is your favorite game of the main series overall?

You may select 1 option

View results

Runemaster

Re: Favorite game of the main series

Post by Runemaster »

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:Am I seriously the only S4 defender? Sad day...
I could! I lurve Suikoden IV but I love Suikoden II tons more!
Black Cookie like it too.

We need not defend, no one's attacking. :D :D
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Kagiya

Post by Kagiya »

I'm going to put suikoden III for this one. It was the one I enjoyed the most. God, how many times have I replayed it. I really liked seeing the conflict from different view points. I also enjoyed the character interactions more than in the other games.
Suikoden II and V (probably the most fun character recruitment in the series) are my second choice.
kte03

Post by kte03 »

Suikoden II got my vote :]

The story behind it was just too amazing to explain as a whole that whatever I say now would be just an understatement. It's awesome how they could link all 108 characters and how they each have a role, may it be big or not. The castle system was definitely a great part of the game and IMO, it was the best one (numerous mini-games most importantly xD).

Clive's quest is a pain in the ass that I'll have to finish on a perfect file -_-" But yeah, the ending most of all was the greatest part. Especially the "best" ones, 'cept I decided to reunite the Sword and Shield runes together by donig a certain something to a certain someone :wink:

Suikoden II is also the reason why I love 2d games :] Ahh... nostalgia x) and finally, the music, especially Reminiscence, was EPIC.

But anyways, Suikoden itself is an epic series. The best in my RPG books :]
KvChaos

Post by KvChaos »

If I go back to playing Suikoden, I'll pick Suikoden II. When you never get bored of playing a game that means it's really great. Cooking contest here I come!
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

ohhh how could u pick a favorite, they each have something amazing to add to the series, of course, suikoden 1 did start it all, and i always have to beat 1 before i play 2 again just because. I am going to have to say 2 will always be the most fun for me though, then 1, then 4 (yes if 4 let you use all 6 characters it might be my fav.) then 5 then 3.
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I sitll say 2 is my favorite, however, I think every single game has it's own special charm.

Suikoden 1: The original, the best in the sense that if not for it the others wouldn't exist. Oh and it's also got Cleo.

Suikoden 2: The best in the series IMO for reasons I've gone over. My favorite thing about this one is the storyline.

Suikoden 3: Multiple POV, the first 3D game in the series and it had a very unique feel to it.

Suikoden 4: Being a captain of a ship, the HQ was a giant ship, which was slightly customizable (the appearance was). I also liked the fact that Ted was in it.

Suikoden 5: It was a great game, it had nice music. My favorite thing of this game was that it was really detailed with characters, I felt like I knew a lot about many of the characters, even the ones who didn't join automatically.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
rokkaku

Post by rokkaku »

i played s1,2,3,4 but i personally loved s2!!! i even repeated it many times!
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

Suikoden 4 is the best, in my opinion. It's awesome and its the only game whos main charectar gets to respectfully die if not all SODs are aquired.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

. It's awesome and its the only game whos main charectar gets to respectfully die if not all SODs are aquired.
Of course the canon ending is the one where all 108 are collected, plus that was one of the things I didn't like about the game.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Suikoden 2, but only because of it having an enhanced endearment to me by being the follow-up to Suikoden.

I'm probably one of the few users left on this board who played Suikoden and finished it before playing Suikoden 2.
Formerly known as: Gothann
AshKorsair

Post by AshKorsair »

1 is the best for me...
i got part one before i got a memory card....i cant remember how many times i got to kwanda rosman only to have my mother yell that i should get some sleep..:(

so i have lots of memories on that one.
5 is my second on the list. the beginning is slow but the rest is aaa.
i am from europe so no 3 for me:(

and i always thought 2 was overrated (oh controversy!) cause i just cant stand joey
StalkerPizza

Post by StalkerPizza »

I'd have to say II, but I also love V and III the same.
The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom
-Nyx Avatar from Persona 3-
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

I go for Suikoden II without second thoughts, it was the first one I played. I mean how can you not love Luca Blight? Luca Blight was so final boss material but finished halfway of the story... that was very sad. The next descent antagonist after Luca was Luc and the destoyers. I mean who wouldn't feel sorry for poor old Luc, I mean Luc was my favorite character in Suikoden II, and I just can't accept what happens to him in III. The only thing I didn't like about IV was the 4 person party, and so in a sense that is the same reason i didn't like III that much, control over 3 members only. O, yeah IV didn't have a really descent antagonist, that was really sad...
Suikoden I - Fuma/Kage/Kasumi
Suikoden II - Mondo/sasuke/Kasumi
Suikoden III - Landis/Watari/Ayame
Suikoden IV - Akaghi/Mizuki/Kate
Suikoden V - Shigure/Sagiri/Raven
King Krimson

Post by King Krimson »

I'm going to go with Suikoden IV.. and runner up would be V..

I did think II was great and all i just don't think it was the best over all ^^'.
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1542/banner2bq6.gif

Luc - "then your definition of freedom is the ability to walk around a giant cell with an invisible leash around your neck"
Yuber

Post by Yuber »

I'd say Suikoden 3.

Took me a few years to play it since i had to import it from america and use a swap magic disk.

Also had the best war system and could be a challenge.

5 had the worse war system, a repetitive boring bad RTS
Last edited by Yuber on Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
me > world