konami still has hopes in suikoden

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-release board.
Emperorpen

Re: konami still has hopes in suikoden

Post by Emperorpen »

First of all, it isnt exclusive of the entire Suikoden world. It is an exploration of some of the alternate universes. Second of all, this is a spinoff game. They did not name it Suikoden VI for a reason. Third of all, they are the company making the game. If they believe they need to shake things up a bit to make the game economically worth producing, that is their right. You can bash on the game all you want, but you shouldnt be throwing around the word "should" so liberally.

Personally as long as the story is well written, I can enjoy this game and I am grateful that they even want to continue SOME of the traditions in Suikoden. Suikoden 5 didnt do so well. Im glad that they want to actually continue this series honestly. They are a company after all.

I got over the "continuous story" problem in Suikoden 3. I hated that almost no main characters came back that time around, but as it turned out, I thoroughly enjoyed the game. I learned my lesson on criticizing a game based on what past storylines it does or does not include then.
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

Emperorpen wrote: Personally as long as the story is well written, I can enjoy this game and I am grateful that they even want to continue SOME of the traditions in Suikoden. S
Yeah, but they're not including any.

And even if the story is well written, that *horrendous* voice acting is going to kill it.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

@Braxiatel

How do you know they're not including ANY??

You psychic or sumthin???

You sure are overly biased. I don't know why you have nothing good to say even a BIT for Suikoden Tierkreis to the point of inventing things (with some you can't even defend, huh. XD).

....demolition job???
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Braxiatel wrote: Yeah, but they're not including any.
At duefiumi.com, they say that the game plays a lot like earlier Suikoden-titles. So I guess it's a pretty good game, after all.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Braxiatel wrote:
Emperorpen wrote: Personally as long as the story is well written, I can enjoy this game and I am grateful that they even want to continue SOME of the traditions in Suikoden. S

And even if the story is well written, that *horrendous* voice acting is going to kill it.
The Japanese voice acting is not that bad. English is another story.

As for traditions... So unite attacks, journeyman crystals (which you dissed on earlier, strangely), weapon ranges, formations, 108 characters and what seems to be a return to having people match their stars of destiny isn't Suikoden? While I loved the True Runes and the world, I still have to wonder if you played the same franchise as most of us.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

now now, don't be so provocative

I'm sure Braxiatel didn't mean to exaggerate the facts

and wrote his posts based on accuracy and not his emotions

also SIV's and SV's voice acting was good enough

with all those experience, I highly doubt Konami would go wrong with its dubbers
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

LanceHeart wrote:
Braxiatel wrote:

As for traditions... So unite attacks, journeyman crystals (which you dissed on earlier, strangely), weapon ranges, formations, 108 characters and what seems to be a return to having people match their stars of destiny isn't Suikoden? While I loved the True Runes and the world, I still have to wonder if you played the same franchise as most of us.
I haven't dissed anything about the old games - you misread.
Mio wrote: also SIV's and SV's voice acting was good enough

with all those experience, I highly doubt Konami would go wrong with its dubbers
V's was actually quite good. As for this new game - have you watched the videos? This is horrendous voice acting straight out of 1995.

Even this is better - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv8uTePIEXs
Emperorpen

Post by Emperorpen »

Brax, you did diss the old games by claiming that no traditions were bring carried on. Obviously you dont think that the NUMEROUS traditions carried on matter.
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

You're arguing semantics and twisting what I'm saying.

Just because they have the 108 stars doesn't mean I think it's terrible.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Braxiatel wrote:
LanceHeart wrote:
Braxiatel wrote: Yeah, but they're not including any.

I haven't dissed anything about the old games - you misread.
You misread me, or I misread you. I thought you were talking about Tierkreis doing away with "all" of the traditions from the main series. I just enumerated things that I've seen in videos and my short time with the game that are definitely Suikoden staples. patapi has since made a far better enumeration of these things here.
As for the journeyman crystals, in a previous post you were talking about how it's bad that they don't allow the player to save anywhere on the world map, something which doesn't really seem to have been possible in all five main series games. I believe it was in your now-defunct Nintendo Power thread, the one KFCrispy locked (and apparently did away with, I don't know where it is).
Formerly known as: Gothann
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

Yeah, but I thought you could save on the overworld map, at least with I & II.

(My memory is admittedly very fuzzy on this).
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

just to be clear, ya cant save on the world map in SI and SII

wait... when did they allow to save on world map?

i thought the only way to save is thru the INN or the Journeymanny Crystal
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Mio wrote:wait... when did they allow to save on world map?
Never, Braxiatel is mistaken on this.
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

Yup, I was wrong - there I said it!

There's your Christmas present! \(^^)/

Merry Christmas!
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »