Suikoden Tierkreis featured true rune?

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-release board.
RangerDeon

Re: Suikoden Tierkreis featured true rune?

Post by RangerDeon »

patapi wrote:Those two have each missed at least one spin-off title, and since Tierkreis is still at best not Suikoden VI...
Yeah, I figured. But still. I'd weep.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
dwyne

Post by dwyne »

hmm i would guess that the Star Dragon Sword has something to do with this spin-off after all the sword is a true rune and it was mentioned to have an alternate name as the Zodiac Sword... isn't Tierkreis, Zodiac in english.. well that's just my 2 cents... ^_^
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

tierkreis is zodiac in german

i think tier means round and kreis animal ( or its was kreis round and tier animal? xDD )

its the german word to say the "circle of animals", in other words the 12 zodiac signs

im sure the zodiac sword will appear
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
SnowKing

Post by SnowKing »

If I'm not mistaken this game has been confirmed to have no True Runes, which means no Zodiac Sword, seeing as it's the Night Rune.
"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

27x4=108 wrote:tierkreis is zodiac in german

i think tier means round and kreis animal ( or its was kreis round and tier animal? xDD )

its the german word to say the "circle of animals", in other words the 12 zodiac signs

im sure the zodiac sword will appear
tier means animal and kreis means circle. and yeah, no True Runes whatsoever, so...
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

waaaa true, damn no TR!

well, a special rune like dawn is cool too
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
SnowKing

Post by SnowKing »

I'm 99% sure that there are no runes, *at all*. Mark of the Stars is the magic system for this game. It appears runes could well only be from the mainstream Suikoden world.
"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

if MoS is replaces runes, it will really limit characters to just their 1 specialty... you can have "magicians" with a crap MoS ability and they won't be able to use their MP towards flexible rune spells.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

KFCrispy wrote:if MoS is replaces runes, it will really limit characters to just their 1 specialty... you can have "magicians" with a crap MoS ability and they won't be able to use their MP towards flexible rune spells.
We don't even know how it works yet. You might get to choose what elements to specialize in, you might have a fixed element but get to choose the spells. There may be a lot more than the standard 4 spells we're used to as well.

It's a bit early to say that it will be limited.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I was just thinking

if they make the magic system something to do with stars...do you think they might connect zerase's story with that? like maybe this dimension in this game would be zerase's origin?

they should do SOMETHING like that anyway.....
Transcending_time

Post by Transcending_time »

....(sigh)...

They should try to make another 'massive' AMV.... somehow like Currents, Exceeding Love, and Another World...
narutosupernova

Post by narutosupernova »

i think there are no true runes
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

At one point in the trailer the hero touches a book, and this symbol appears:

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii31 ... lerune.jpg

At first i thought it might be the true rune or some unique rune that the main hero gets, becuase we have seen special runes in books before like the 'book of condemnation' with the condemnation rune in side it.

But if people are saying that they are no runes at all (which really sucks; a Suikoden without runes is like a FF without a type of limit break or Aeons..they should not be allowed), but rather this star magic thing, then i wonder what this symbol is? I wonder if it has something to do with Zodiac given the nature of the game. anyone know?
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

That symbol is the Mark of the Stars. If you watch the battle trailers closely, you'd see that it appears on their heads when the characters cast spells. This is similar to how the rune works, but looks like the same symbol would be used despite the variation in spell lists.