New Footage of Suikoden DS + Hands On play

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-release board.
LanceHeart

Re: New Footage of Suikoden DS + Hands On play

Post by LanceHeart »

Final Fantasy 3 & 4 DS have stylus movement, both versions being impossibly crappy.

Stylus use for combat just slows down decision making, which isn't really a bad thing if they include "Auto" to the options again.
Formerly known as: Gothann
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Speaking of Auto, instead of normal attack only, maybe they should consider FFXII Gambit-like system where you could pre-setup the individual commands used when choosing Auto. That'd give S-range mages an easier time to actually contribute in random encounters.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

I've been wanting that since the original game came out.

Tales has managed to pull this off years before Suikoden ever came into being, so why can't we pre-program the top three actions to use when going full auto? Here's hoping this game introduces it and it gets picked up as a feature in the next main-series Suikoden game.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I don't know, but my experience with Phantasia, the Abyss and Legendia wasn't very encouraging either. Sure, there's a certain degree of customisation in the Auto commands of those games, but they're still quite random.

FFXII's Gambits, on the other hand, were very precise.
luceys

Post by luceys »

LanceHeart wrote:Final Fantasy 3 & 4 DS have stylus movement, both versions being impossibly crappy.

Stylus use for combat just slows down decision making, which isn't really a bad thing if they include "Auto" to the options again.
"You can control movement of the main character by either using the d-pad or stylus. Both control well and will just be a matter of user preference."

Did nobody actually read the blog post?
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

luceys wrote:
LanceHeart wrote:Final Fantasy 3 & 4 DS have stylus movement, both versions being impossibly crappy.

"You can control movement of the main character by either using the d-pad or stylus. Both control well and will just be a matter of user preference."

Did nobody actually read the blog post?
I did. I was discussing how stylus controls usually don't contribute much (or anything) to the gameplay of RPGs on the DS. FF3 & 4 were far more enjoyable through regular D-Pad use.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

patapi wrote:Speaking of Auto, instead of normal attack only, maybe they should consider FFXII Gambit-like system where you could pre-setup the individual commands used when choosing Auto. That'd give S-range mages an easier time to actually contribute in random encounters.
I definitely agree.

And another thing is the Auto-like command of the Grandia series.
One option for plain attacks, one option for Magic and special/strong attacks.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!