Richmond's Investigation on Luc [S2]

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Author

Richmond's Investigation on Luc [S2]

Post by Author »

Secret 3:
"Luc is pretty secretive about his past. I'm pretty sure something happened
to him in the Holy Kingdom of Harmonia."

Secret 4:
"10 years ago, he ran into some kinda trouble at the shrine. I don't know the
details, but someone told him to keep his mouth shut about it."
Yea, yea, we know something happened but I'm not quite sure about the fourth secret. The last part seemed to be intentionally done to relate it to S3, but was it answered? I never played S3 - S5, so if it was cleared, please tell.

If not...then what could it be?
EternalOnslaught

Re: Richmond's Investigation on Luc [S2]

Post by EternalOnslaught »

I'm going to say that secret 4 is related to the fact that Luc and Sasarai are clones of High Priest Hikusaak. Sasarai knew nothing of this until the later part of S3.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Author

Post by Author »

So Luc knew it all along about being clones? :? or was it just plotted in Suikoden 2 >.>;
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

see there was a secret that Luc found out in Harmonia that he's not suppose to tell

im guessing that until SIII that secret was but a variable

in S2 all we know is that there's that secret and that secret was from Harmonia

perhaps it was not initially intended that this secret became Luc's main driving force in SIII
(as we can see that the writers of Suikoden love to leave these small seeds of infos, some permeate, some dont i.e. Georg)

in SIII, they were able to connect this secret to Luc's reason of being and managed to string in the five elemental true runes in one entire pot

i wonder which seeds will grow on the next installment (if ever)
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Mio wrote: perhaps it was not initially intended that this secret became Luc's main driving force in SIII
(as we can see that the writers of Suikoden love to leave these small seeds of infos, some permeate, some dont i.e. Georg)
Wait, what about Georg.

Oh and overall, i agree with everything everyone else has said about this.
Author

Post by Author »

How Richmond even found out was extremely impressive, though I thought it was the True Wind Rune that drove Luc to what he did in S3. Or had he held on the secret without any remorse until he was given a reason to hate?
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

JanusThePaladin wrote:
Mio wrote: perhaps it was not initially intended that this secret became Luc's main driving force in SIII
Wait, what about Georg.

Oh and overall, i agree with everything everyone else has said about this.
REMEMBER??? Richmond's investigation report stated that Georg slayed the Queen of Falena

and that he's currently on a journey after that incident (something like that)

(i was always interested in Georg)

that was another seed left behind that permeated and grew into the backbone of SV's story

on a side note:
the aura of Georg in SII suggests that he is unhappy or in a miserable path of atonement for the death of the queen

however in SV he didn't seem sad near end game right? he was quite jolly around the prince
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Ah! I misinterpreted. The way you phrased it sounded like Georg was one of the ones that didnt.

As for Georg in S2 versus S5, i'd have to agree. But in that gap of what 19 years some other things may have happened. IN S2 he definitely seemed like a more serious warrior than in S5. But wasnt he also involved with the Scarlet Moon Empire?

Way off topic. Is there already a Georg thread somewhere or shall i start one?
Author

Post by Author »

Lol, S2 had a lot of seeds, didn't it? It's a prequel of many things, bigger than S1 it seemed.