Suikoden's Fashion Sense

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Mio
Banned User

Re: Suikoden's Fashion Sense

Post by Mio »

because it's always been light armored heroes

just wandering if they'll ever introduce a heavy armored ones

like say for an example a descendant of a knight or Barbarossa

(i'd love to see a golden knight *_*)
Iku

Post by Iku »

i think josephine's and sialeed's clothes are quite cool looking, both are kinda sexy but without being overtly whorey. Vincent's suikoden 2 outfit is pretty snazzy too, vincent and josephine, win for the best dressed male and female.
I wouldnt mind owning Albert's cool coat and luc's suikoden 3 coat is quite good as well. Sarah on suikoden 3 had a smart elegance about her clothes that made her seem cold and beautiful yet kinda young. Suikoden 3 had the best dressed characters in the series, even thomas look kinda kooky, in a good way.
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Iku wrote:Suikoden 3 had the best dressed characters in the series, even thomas look kinda kooky, in a good way.
You gotta love Chris' hair (it was interesting to see how long it really was when she took it down) and armour. She makes a better knight in shining armour then any of the men do!
Chris' civilian garb wasn't so good though.
Kagiya

Post by Kagiya »

I kinda like harmonian dress in general. The temple guard uniforms are really attractive though I like the male uniforms better than the females. Both Luc's and Sarah's outfit in III are quite nice as well.
Oh I love Sierra's outfit.
The queen's knight uniforms were really nice. The royal family had nice color schemes including haswar.

I gotta admit I am not fond of Tengaar's outfit, the colors are soo >.>
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

(I've been waiting for a topic like this......*squee*)

I'll go straight to the Tenkais first though.....

Except for the perpetual red-yellow-black-white color trend in *almost all the Tenkais, I really keep on focusing on the lower wear.....'cause it greatly deviates in every hero.

Here I go....

Tir McDohl's like the guy who's got a westernized name but wears an Asianized outfit....that.....kinda creeps me out though. Although he is the son of a general, he surely does dress like some rugged traveler. No wonder one guy said that he looks like beggar. But it's understandable, since it's the first Suikoden. And the green headwear really gives him away, good thing he doesn't specialize in espionage....the enemy would probably see him a mile away....with the exception that he's blending together with the shrubs abd bushes......but then the Red and Tan would be the one's that'll make him conspicuous this time. In the end.....it doesn't even matter.....c. designers made him that way, and that way he shall stay.

Riou's made a very permanent impression on me with the advent of a Tenkai that wears leggings. Mostly, I see women wearing those.....ehh...
.......But you gotta love that monkey circlet he's wearing. And he looks really good in the said "Tenkai Color Trend", eh? His over-all look really emphasizes his background, and that's nice.

Thomas was the nicest looking Tenkai that I've ever seen although it also makes him look like just some plain bystander in the story. But it reflects his simplicity as a young one and is in-tune with his character.....on the other hand, I never really fancied his hairdo.....it doesn't go with his eyes.....oh well, mind as well not argue with the c. designers.

Lazlo en Kuldes takes after his revolutionary "fashion diva" of a father, Lino.....I like calling him a fashion diva 'cause islander shorts RULE!!! And I agree with Mio on the bolero. And the tucked-in fitting shirt.....hehe, that goes to show ya.....a century and a half's fashion sense in Suikoden doesn't differ from that of decades ago in the real world.... But he's wearing really comfy clothes.....gotta love that. But....why does he still run like some chaffing lunatic?

And lastly, Freyjadour Falenas, the man who wears tights like some stage performer. I gotta hand it to him, he is the most effeminate Tenkai that I've ever laid eyes upon. AND he's certainly got some nice build....(gotta love that flawless back...). The armor's pretty nice......as well as the footwear. Yet still....young bishies wearing tights....freak me out somewhat.

That is all I have to say for now.......but if this topic perpetuates, I'll post more of my prattle.
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
Iku

Post by Iku »

i used to have thomas' haircut when i was 15 so i cant really make any comment on it!
i prefered chris' hair up, it was really different in a game to have a female character with functional hair but still looking beautiful. Lelei had functional hair, and even though she was one one of my favourite characters on that game, i have to say it was kinda broing in comparison. The thing about chris' hair that made me smile was that she must've had to get help from someone to get it that way. I just had an image in my head of louis (was that the squire's name?)doing it for, her instead of training with his sword.
I agree with you about her armour being better then her adventurer clothes, they just looked like a not as interesting version of queen's clothes. She just looked like a generic female rpg fighter.
i know lazo's shorts were rather hot pant-esque but the rest of his clothes were okay and Snowe's noble clothes were great!
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

i know lazo's shorts were rather hot pant-esque but the rest of his clothes were okay and Snowe's noble clothes were great!
Whats wrong with short shorts lol. :mrgreen:
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

Well where I live if your a boy its considered ummm....bad...and it feels funny when the ends are rubbing up against your thighs I usually wear mine on my knees or just right under them, I'm use to it and its more comfortable.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

Iku wrote:i used to have thomas' haircut when i was 15 so i cant really make any comment on it!
i laughed so hard on this
Gen. Dirge wrote: ...why does he still run like some chaffing lunatic?

And lastly, Freyjadour Falenas, the man who wears tights like some stage performer. I gotta hand it to him, he is the most effeminate Tenkai that I've ever laid eyes upon. AND he's certainly got some nice build....(gotta love that flawless back...). The armor's pretty nice......as well as the footwear. Yet still....young bishies wearing tights....freak me out somewhat.
well since i think he's already wearing Gym shorts, why not jog as well??

your summarization has led me to believe that most character costumes lean to the gypsie-ish side
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Hahaha, well......I've dwelled on those beliefs for years.....it's feels good just letting it all out.

Anyways, I really like the Suikoden Fruit cakes.....y'know....the narcissists......
My favorite was Vincent de Boule's fancy attire......gotta love those stockings; he kinda reminds me of a gayish Ferdinand Magellan. Second to that is Josephine....really stylish; a fighting fashion diva.....and the parasol goes well, too..

Hey babycakes ;D
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

in lieu of your avatar

what look was Yuber going for?

a parish priest/exorcist?
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Gen. Dirge wrote:
My favorite was Vincent de Boule's fancy attire......gotta love those stockings; he kinda reminds me of a gayish Ferdinand Magellan.
doesn't look like a Lapu-lapu fan is here. XD
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

first one that came to mind for the Lapu-Lapu look would be Hallec

talk about red and tribal
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Hahaha, well......I've dwelled on those beliefs for years.....it's feels good just letting it all out.

Anyways, I really like the Suikoden Fruit cakes.....y'know....the narcissists......
My favorite was Vincent de Boule's fancy attire......gotta love those stockings; he kinda reminds me of a gayish Ferdinand Magellan. Second to that is Josephine....really stylish; a fighting fashion diva.....and the parasol goes well, too..

Your not the only one, I feel the same way, I would NEVER dress like that in real life, but I I find it stylish to.
Well where I live if your a boy its considered ummm....bad...and it feels funny when the ends are rubbing up against your thighs I usually wear mine on my knees or just right under them, I'm use to it and its more comfortable.
Maybe Lazlo likes the way short shorts feel? I mean, some peopel do. I've never actually worn shorts like that so I can't say how I feel personally, but I'm trying to keep my own bias out of this to.
Riou's made a very permanent impression on me with the advent of a Tenkai that wears leggings. Mostly, I see women wearing those.....ehh...
Well let's think of it like this, would you rather the characters who are based in a medevil/elizabethan time period be wearing Jeans or Tights? What would be more accurate to the time period? Just try to think about the fact that in the Suikoden World it's normal to wear such clothing.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Well let's think of it like this, would you rather the characters who are based in a medevil/elizabethan time period be wearing Jeans or Tights? What would be more accurate to the time period? Just try to think about the fact that in the Suikoden World it's normal to wear such clothing.
I'll try to see it that way......hope it works.

Hey babycakes ;D