[Guide] Max number of attacks per character

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

His deathblow is the same, I think.

Also, it's impossible to check accurately how much Ernst can do, because I just found out he doesn't get a free rune slot. :|

And I *still* couldn't get an instant kill from Lu.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

One FAQ at GameFAQs says that Ernst's max attacks is three. Georg and Cathari both have one. But it also says Sagiri's and Lu's max attacks is four. It could be wrong.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I can confirm that Sagiri does have a max combo of 4. Don't know about Lu though.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Georg's 2nd strike in Illusion Form attack is the animation used for his unites where he goes through the enemy and slowly puts his sword back in the sheathe

just to state it as a fact, the Killer Rune's instant-kill attack is the only way to confirm maximum number of attacks. the Illusion formation's Spark attack used on a group of enemies only shows a max of 3, and for some single hit characters such as Georg, it might repeat or show a different animation used in unites or whatever else.

"weapon weight" (probably a hidden attribute similar to that of Suikoden 3's weapon weight system) and speed are definite factors in how often characters do multiple attacks.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

hmm i can stick a Killer on Ernst with a cheat device sometime to try this out. but i'm not recruiting him in my current playthrough cuz i'm trying to get the minimum ending.
promethez

Re: Max number of attacks per character

Post by promethez »

btw, regarding the killer rune's animation playing out the maximum number of attacks, I think it applies only to short- or mid- ranged attacks. I tried the it with sagiri and she only hit once with a red light emnating from the opponent.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

hm what about Lu?
promethez

Post by promethez »

haven't tried. will do it when I'm free.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

promethez wrote:btw, regarding the killer rune's animation playing out the maximum number of attacks, I think it applies only to short- or mid- ranged attacks. I tried the it with sagiri and she only hit once with a red light emnating from the opponent.
Geez. No wonder I couldn't get an instant-kill from Lu. It's a good thing my PS2 got busted or I would have went nuts trying to get that done.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

hm i never really tried myself, but the Illusion formation attack lets Cathari to 2 shots that might be slightly different... however like Georg she will never hit twice.
RevKoden

Re: [Guide] Max number of attacks per character

Post by RevKoden »

Richard has 6 attacks combo...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB1oPW08JGQ
Pay attention to the end..
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

That's wrong. multistrikes only count on same target. When the primary target is eliminated, the attacker has a chance to perform a CONTINUOUS ATTACK on another target as you see in that video. S3 skill system could make you udnerstand these 2 different concepts much easier.

I hope I'm not repeating anyone's line, but to know for sure which characters who do just 1 swing at max, check them with multistrike rune. Those 1 hit wonder guys won't be able to equip it.
Rein

Post by Rein »

More than 8000 hp destroyed with a single rune. I was experimenting with Kite, and Sagiri is the only one that can do multiple attacks with it. Pretty cool effect. Couldn't get her to do more than 3 attacks per monster though.

Killey can be a killer for a group of monsters with a Kite rune.