Why Suikoden VI? Why not the Suikoden I - V (Repackaged)?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

What will likely happen (if it does) is that we'll get Suiko 1 and 2 as downloadable games from the PS3's online game system. There are only a few PS1 games to download now - but I think Suiko 1 and 2 are an inevitability.
darkphoenix

Post by darkphoenix »

To me it would make much sense to do a 1 to 3 package since they are very much story related and really work as a sequel from one to another. Plus we finally would have GSIII on pal !!!!!
tmxdragoon

Post by tmxdragoon »

It would be great to see suikoden 1 & 2 come to america on the psp. Lucky Japs
ShortyBoo

Post by ShortyBoo »

I would love to see Suikoden 1 & 2 be re-released as a set. Right now, those are the only two I don't have. I really can't afford paying more than $100 for a game. I did own two seperate copies of Suikoden. The first one was stolen along with my first PS2, back when the system was new and hard to find and my second copy broke. I had even more bad luck with Suikoden II. I've owned 3 copies, and all of them were stolen on seperate occasions along with my PS2. Yeah, I've had pretty bad luck with PS2s. But now I'm not living in a bad neighborhood like I was and I really want my games back, but I hate how much money people are charging for used games. Those were my favorites of the Suikoden games and I really want them again and if they were re-released, then the people who are selling them for more than $100 couldn't do that anymore.
Clayton_Y

Re: Why Suikoden VI? Why not the Suikoden I - V (Repackaged)?

Post by Clayton_Y »

I just would like to be able to play the gaidens....I don't know how every one else feels but I felt like suikoden has had a terrible tranisiton into 3D. I just felt like the focus shifted more on how to make the engine work then work on or build upon the stories the creators had set. III, IV, and V, all had completely different engines so the time it took to build all of those could've been used to further the plot....call me old-school but I would much rather see them redo all of them as 2D Sprites (and update 1 and 2 for that matter)
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

A rerelease of the first 3 games as a set at least wouldn't be a bad idea and I don't think very expensive either. I've seen other games that have been rereleased as sets like this (Sonic and Megaman spring to mind) and they weren't that expensive. Heck, as much as Suikoden II's selling for on ebay, I think that set would be a great bargain. Plus, it'd give the PAL region a chance to play Suikoden III.
IV, V, and Rhaspodia (yep, didn't forget that one) are still a little too new and easy to find I think to justify being sold in such a set. And as much as I would LOVE for the Gaidens to be released, I doubt it's gonna happen, mostly because it'd have to be translated from scratch.
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

The Gaidens will never happen.

Suiko 1-3 isn't a bad idea....but I still think the more likely scenario will be downloadable versions for the Sony store.
reinhart

Post by reinhart »

Even this will costs a lot, they will still be able to cope up with the expenses. Right now, I have seen many people are still ordering Suikoden I, II & III. What more if Suikodens I - V will be on one disc?
Geddoe 2099

Post by Geddoe 2099 »

All I ask for is Suikoden I and II remade with Suikoden 5's game engine, graphics, system, etc.

It would be sooo sweet to see the expressions on the Tir McDohl's face, as well as the second hero...
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Actually... they cna't do that. Many problems will occur, transforming GS1 and GS2 to graphic such as GS5. Secondly, that will only slow down their production on the next series. The best I'd say is for GS1's graphic to become similar to GS2, but both of them to GS5 is a problem, though I wish I can see gregminister and muse in 3d form :(
Nick Bruiser
Geddoe 2099

Post by Geddoe 2099 »

I believe they can, if they really pushed for it. Suikoden 1 and 2 can probably be on the same disc, being that they are only hold up PS2 graphics on a PS3.

I mean, the best part of Suikoden 5 was the facial expressions on the characters, like the Prince, Miakis, etc. If you could give that one trait to Tir or Riou, wow. Imagine the how the scene of Pahn dying or living, on the fight Teo McDohl... Or the scene when Ted or Gremio left. It would give those games so much definition.
mhatter106

Post by mhatter106 »

I imagine if they did redo 1 and 2, then no they wouldnt go so far as to revamp it the whle way to s5 style but theyd probably just improve the 2d graphics a little bit and insert newere cutscenes in the middle that are graphically really good like when they re-release the early FFs
Black knight overlord

Post by Black knight overlord »

yeah, theres so many places that should be shown in depth, like Armes(the music has a desert/arabic feel to it), Zelant and the western continent(which im almost positive will be the location of the next suikoden, seeing as we've seen almost everywere on the eastern continent,exept Harmonia) and my favorite: The Howling voice guild.

Any of these would be alot more fun than than a re-done package of the old ones.

Plus, a little idea i have(for a whole spin-off, like ST) would be a game based around the howling voice guild, doing all there missions that they do, and seeing what training there is like, who the other member are, ect. what do you guy think? :D