[FAQ] The Confusion Behind Nanami *Possible Spoiler*

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

is Nanami's name greyed out if she is still alive but pretending to be dead? i'm actually wondering if a cheat device can remedy the situation.. but the code for recruited/not recruited/dead isn't really the issue to Nanami in that situation.
Sabrewulf

Post by Sabrewulf »

Yes her name is grey.
And yes it's possible to get her back without any glitch.
Death or fake death, she's considerd as Death in the character part of the gamesave.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

oh what i was wondering was if using the code to make her alive would get the 'complete' ending.. but i doubt it.
Sabrewulf

Post by Sabrewulf »

I guess you mean if Leknaat don't unlock forgiver sign, is it possible to get Nanami back with gameshark and have good ending.
It's yes and no.
If you just change her recruitment value from "death" to "recruited" then it's a no.
If you change the plot/trigger values you can get forgiver sign without the 108sod (and even early in the game if youwant) you can also reopen all chests, re-trigger recipe drop,...
The "only" thing to do is to find the right value =)
x_mage24

Post by x_mage24 »

Red Killey wrote:We know that you can save her with equipping crappy armor because it doesn't matter what armor you equip her. What matters is her DEF stat (which is PROT + the DEF bonus from armors and accessories). So if Ced was right that the magic number is indeed 121, then you could equip her with whatever armor as long as the DEF is 121 or higher.

And the dialogue doesn't matter as long as you pick it quick enough (there's a time limit to choose, and if you let the computer to choose it for you because you're too slow, you'd fail to save her).
:?: :!: wha??? I thought you needed all 180 stars of destiny?! I didn't know that the DEF mattered at all!
weird_name_lah

Post by weird_name_lah »

Just in case you haven't known, it does. But usually a lot of people would have equipped her decently or has raised her level sufficiently since Nanami appears in most of the story events, such that the value is above the one mentioned.
jowy atriedes

hmmm.. read this..

Post by jowy atriedes »

you all thinked of the hard way.. u can save nanami even less than either 180 or 120.
you just have to simply select the dialouge for riuo when the time nanami was hitted by the arrows. But the dialouge has a time limit and if you don't select immediateley.. u will lose nanami.. whatever happens.... i've tried it in all my 5 playthrough of suikodedn 2, even her DEF is less than 120.. i guess that's easier than having her defense leveled up!

if you have replies.. pls.. send it not to my private inbox, but to this bulletin.. tnx!
Red Killey
Elite Member

Re: hmmm.. read this..

Post by Red Killey »

jowy atriedes wrote:i've tried it in all my 5 playthrough of suikodedn 2, even her DEF is less than 120.. i guess that's easier than having her defense leveled up!
Not calling you a liar, but the needs to have DEF at least 121 has been tested by multiple people multiple times to prove the accuracy.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Judgement of Lorelai

Post by Judgement of Lorelai »

she'll live if total def is 121+ w/ equips

she dies even if she has 121+ def w/ no equips

she dies if you put her double strike rune
I don't hang around with weaklings...
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Yeah I've said that months ago. She does indeed die now matter how high her defense is without armor. But the site never edited the information on the front page.

But I wonder what happens if you equip medicine or something that can be equipped on the item slot (that doesn't raise defense) when you're stat is already at 121. It makes me wonder.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Judgement of Lorelai

Post by Judgement of Lorelai »

it is still on that condition, she'll still dies
I don't hang around with weaklings...
RVallant

Post by RVallant »

Not calling you a liar, but the needs to have DEF at least 121 has been tested by multiple people multiple times to prove the accuracy.
Ironically I'm in the same category as him, I've only ever had Nanami die on me when I missed out on getting Riou to respond in that time-limited text box...

Of course, that's the only theory I've ever followed and stayed with this new def stat thing interests me but I'm not much of a follower to the defence theory (considering I still remember the old "nanami must have at least one peice of armour on her or she dies" theory) so it's not really my place to disprove or prove theories. Thing is though, if it's worked for me you know...?

Has anyone disproved the timed text box thing? *obviously has a lot of topics to read up on so don't think I'm insulting anyone, i'm just ignorant of things so far lol*
~Uriah~

Post by ~Uriah~ »

I thought she doesnt die she just wanna take a break from what is going on so she doesnt burden Riou anymore things, What i thought all along was she told Dr. Huan to tell everyone she didnt make it and she was safely in the castle the rest of the game? I read this somewhere thats why i always thought she was alive and in the end of the game she's with jowy and riou starting a new life.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well yeah, that's if she survives the arrows. apparently, she will really die if you don't fulfill the conditions we've been exploring in this thread. (including getting all 108 stars before choosing to invade Matilda)
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

I've always had Nanami with a high DEF--for one reason. She was usually in the front row--so she got attacked more than others. Had to give her SOMEthing.....

But, I never knew that her DEF played a role, too, in her survival. I think I may have to play again to test this.