[FAQ] The Confusion Behind Nanami *Possible Spoiler*

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Fur_Fur

Post by Fur_Fur »

Help. My Nanami keeps dying. Her Def. is way over 121 but she does have defensive items equipped in her item slots. She only has a water rune and wears decent armour. I have all 108 stars, and always select the dialogue in time but she still dies. Leknaat does not unlock forever sign. I don’t know if this is a problem, but during the battle with Kiba, Tuta was killed. Can this lead to Nanami’s death?
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Yes, that's your problem. You can't ley anybody die.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Looks like you need to start all over, Fur_Fur. 107 Stars of Destiny won't cut it.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Fur_Fur

Post by Fur_Fur »

:shock: Fiddlesticks :evil:
wakaba_chan

Post by wakaba_chan »

my nanami has 202 defense (dream robe).I'm still really confused about what you have to say,nanami! or Look out!! :?
My beast rune party
Flik Sierra Mazus
LC Chan Lo Wen Riou
Wicht

Saving Nanami...

Post by Wicht »

Here is something, I'm not sure if it has been mentioned, I usually don't go through eight pages at first. I typically look at who posted and kinda go from page one. Anyways, I unequiped my Nanami. She was I think lvl 32 at the time. When she defends to save Riou, the text pops up quickly about what choice you make on her behalf... the two choices of dialogue are as follows:

"Look out!"

and

"Nanami!"

First time I played, this totally threw me off and you have to act fast; correct pick is "Nanami!" which you jump and try to deflect the attack. You fail and Nanami is struck anyways, I've tired saying nothing and or "Look out!" and both choices placed her dead. So the defense of 180 or having armor or not is false. Its the choice, though I wouldn't be surprised if the armor and or Def skill stat is 120-180+, might help but it never slowed me down any. (I have -no- idea what her defense was, but I know, or think I know that it was below 120, specially with no armor. So if anyone can tell me her stats at lvl 32, I'd appreciate it; though I'm pretty positive that it was low like 72-80.)
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Actually either choice is fine as long as you make sure you pick one. Saying nothing will get her killed but either Look out or Nanami is ok, you will jump out in either case. I always use whatever one is highlighted first as it's easiest to pick.
Mintalia

Post by Mintalia »

Oh boy... hate to admit it, but I'm having a problem with this, too. :?

I have her at level 53 or so, her PROT is 113, her armor boosts that to 177 Defense... and I still don't get the scene with Huan and Shu. I have all 108 stars (I even have all the stupid squirrels and McDohl), no one's died other than Kiba, and I press the response in time (at least, I run forward and go into a fighting stance), and I still can't get the scene. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

One thing I considered was that I may be thinking the scene is earlier than it really is... Huan's supposed to talk to Shu right after he says Nanami died, right? Or do I have the timing wrong?
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

If I remember correctly, Huan should call Shu in a little after Huan tells everyone that Nanami died.
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.
Mintalia

Post by Mintalia »

Then yeah, I should have gotten it. I went all to way to the last strategy battle, but I never saw it. Any ideas?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

nanami will be gone from the game after rockaxe either way, the only other time you will see her is at the very end in the true ending scene where it is revealed that she is alive
riou83

Post by riou83 »

I believe to see the incident with Shu and Huan your supposed to walk around a bit and then come back to the door. Im not sure however because its been awhile since iv played the game.
wakaba_chan

Post by wakaba_chan »

this is what i did
1.give nanami dream robe(u want her to survive right?my nanami's defense was 201.)
2.Never mind which choice you saw when she gets hit by the arrows.(pick the one highligted first is a safer way.)
after that u know what 2 do.
My beast rune party
Flik Sierra Mazus
LC Chan Lo Wen Riou
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

wakaba_chan wrote:this is what i did
1.give nanami dream robe(you want her to survive right?my nanami's defense was 201.)
2.Never mind which choice you saw when she gets hit by the arrows.(pick the one highligted first is a safer way.)
after that you know what 2 do.
WHHAAA...?!

I wouldn't ever give Nanami the Dream Robe for this scene! It has the highest defense of all the robes and works like a free hazy rune ( you can disappear to avoid damage ). It is so rare and great that you shouldn't give it up for saving Nanami! There are plenty of other robes that do just fine.
wakaba_chan

Post by wakaba_chan »

i gave the dream robe to her cos the rest of the fights are easy.B4 fighting the beast rune,go back to the place where u fought cns and save your game.As a bonus,the journeyman crystal will heal your party.So,you can use up as many runes as you like B4 the beast rune. :o
My beast rune party
Flik Sierra Mazus
LC Chan Lo Wen Riou