[Guide/Formula] Critical hit rate, cont. attack chance, wars

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Formulas: Critical hit rate, cont. attack chance, wars

Post by KFCrispy »

i don't think there is a limit to continuous attack, maybe your chances are reduced after each enemy but that's not mentioned in the general formula. you'll see a lot if you power level with the Matilda Trick and use Gale Runes early in the game... once you leave Matilda you'll be cont.atking like crazy. or getting a glitched lvl 99 Hoi also works...
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Odd that I've never had Kasumi and Stallion really shine out as multi-attackers in all of the Suikoden II games that I've played, but with other high-speed characters (a tier lower than Kasumi/Stallion) like Nanami, Shiro, and *gasp* Mikumiku, I notice the impact.

Anyway, I have experienced Riou cleaning house by doing six attacks in one round. Of course, he's buffed up to Level 99 and the enemies were just those little Mukumuku-wannabes outside South Window, but six hits in one round is six hits in one round. XD
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well i don't think weapon weight affects cont. atk in this game, so stallion and kasumi should both be pretty good... but you do need to fight really weak enemies to see the craziness. also give them Gale Rune and stuff to get higher SPD than Nanami w/Gale.
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

Nanami did it on the highland soldiers in Muse later in the game when you're running away from them. I should have used her on really weak enemies
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: [Guide/Formula] Critical hit rate, cont. attack chance,

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Is it possible to get critical hits in War battles using map-magic (e.g Luc's Wind or Jeane's Lightning)? I just played the last war battle and Seed had no damage and I hit him with Lightning (1 time use) and he got two hits. I've never seen that happen before.

http://www.klueze.com/suiko/seedcrit.png
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Is it possible to get critical hits in War battles using map-magic (e.g Luc's Wind or Jeane's Lightning)? I just played the last war battle and Seed had no damage and I hit him with Lightning (1 time use) and he got two hits. I've never seen that happen before.

http://www.klueze.com/suiko/seedcrit.png
Yes, it is. Done it many times.
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I've had it happen only with Lightning Magic.
With Wind and Fire I've never seen it crit.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

I recently discovered something about counter attacks.

The TECH and SPD stats pretty much determines the chance of counter-attack for melee characters.
Long-ranged characters cannot counter. I think TECH bears a bigger weight, but you can't counter if you can't dodge.

With Anita at ~170 TECH and a Mangosh (Counter Attack rate * 1.5) equipped, she counters most of the time. Riou, on the other hand, has almost the same TECH but higher SPD than her, but counters slightly less often than Anita's setup, since he can't equip a Mangosh.

I heard that Freed Y and Gengen can also counter often, probably due to their high LUCK stats despite their average TECH and SPD stats. I'll look into it later. It's probably because of the Mangosh that they counters often.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Anyone has the counter-attack chance equations?

I had my Level 73 Riou solo the Rockaxe Castle dungeon after the Beast Rune once, and then he encountered a group of M-Knightsx6. We know that Riou has high TECH, SPEED, and LUCK (A+, B+, and A+ respectively). To see how often he DOES counter-attack, I have him Defend all the time when battling the M-Knights. And guess what? He literally devoured the whole enemy party with just counter-attacks, without shedding a single HP!

Then I thought the level gap has something to do with the counter-attack rate. I'll cite the battle with Luca Blight as an example. Viktor doesn't have a considerable difference in TECH, SPD and LUCK with Luca, and yet Viktor gets countered by Luca quite often. On the other hand, Humphrey, who is actually slower than Viktor, gets to hit Luca more often than Viktor does.

BTW, Viktor was level 41, and Luca is level 54.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

my guess is TECH for counter-attacks, while SPD controls evasion. TECH determines accuracy and probably determines how often you'd get countered upon a miss.
how did Humphrey's TECH stat compare to Viktor's in the fight vs Luca?
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Humphrey has around the same TECH as Viktor (both at C+ rank), which is around 83 by level 35 and around 91 by level 40.

Luca is at level 54 with 115 TECH, 115 SPEED, and 72 LUCK. I said before that Viktor doesn't have a considerable difference in TECH, SPD, and LUCK with Luca, but only if Viktor is also at level 54. But you can't get him to level 54 via normal methods practically, so that's how the level gap kicks in.

While they have the same ranks on those three stats, the level gap makes Luca's stats better than Viktor's.
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

Is there a known formula relating to Escape rate/when Let Go appears? I imagine it has something to do with party levels, but that can't be the only thing.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I've read somewhere that the party members' SPD stats are also taken into account, but don't quote me on that.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Is it possible to injure enemy units in War Battles? As i see they have wounded quotes but i haven't triggered any yet :?:
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

Omnigamer wrote:Is there a known formula relating to Escape rate/when Let Go appears? I imagine it has something to do with party levels, but that can't be the only thing.
Forgot that I had asked this question. I have since worked out what I'm pretty sure is the formula.

The game's memory tracks both your combined party's level as well as the enemy's party level. For Let Go, these conditions must be met:

-The sum of your levels must be above or equal to the sum of the enemy levels.
-You must have a character in your party whose single level is higher than the highest enemy level in the opposing party.

If these conditions are met, Let Go will appear instead of Run Away.

As an aside, we still have no idea how the probabilities are calculated for special attacking powers work in war battles (ie, fire spears).