[Discussion] Member Recommended Parties with Reasoning

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Ginzo wrote:
Now here is a turn over with the last two members:

Condition : Nanami is still alive

Formation A : condition is true
- Nanami with water and wind runes
- Luc with cyclone and Flowing rune

Formation B : condition is false

- Luc with Flowing and Cyclone and Mother Earth
- Khan with Resurrection and Mother Earth (or darkness) Runes
I don't totally get what you mean with the whole "condition thing". Are you talking about your final battle party, or something else, since Nanami, as far as I know, is unavailable during the last part of the game. If you aren't referring to your final battle party, then what significance does the whole "condition is true/ false" thing have anyway?

As for my final party, I always include Riou and Viktor, while my other characters change depending on the playthrough.

Riou: Bright Shield*, Double Beat*, Fury*, Rage/Fire*(W). I don't generally even care about armor, since I've never seemed to have a defense problem during any playthrough of any game, so don't expect too much usefulness in my armor combos. Armor: Master Garb, Accessories: at least one Mega Medicine set, and one power ring, and probably a skill ring. Random helmet. I use Riou as a co-healer. I'll generally use Forgiver Sign immediately, and follow up with Battle Oath the first time my characters need healing. Otherwise, he'll attack, and do a damn good job of it.

Viktor: Fury*, Double Beat*, Rage/ Lightning* (W) (since I have still never found a free Thunder rune in SII) Armor: Dragon (I believe), Random Helmet, At least 2 Mega Medicine Sets and 1 Power Ring. I mainly include him in the party because I like him, but his strength and HP are a big plus. I frequently include Flik in the party to take advantage of their Unite, unfortunately, it makes his double beat rune useless, so I'll only do the unite when: A: Flik has no more MP or B: I couldn't find double beat runes for both of them.

Flik: Either Fury* or Double Beat*, and always Lightning* on body and weapon alike. The only real specific equipment I include on him is the Mangosh Shield. I open up by exhausting his magic on the enemy, I might use him in a Blazing Camp unite for good measure. I then proceed to have him attack (If I gave him a double beat) or use Unite (If I gave him Fury)

Luc/ Rina: Cyclone*/Rage* (Depending on the character used), Flowing*, Magician*(or Alertness* depending on if I find any) Mother Earth*(W) No specific armor. Hyper-causing items, plus sacrificial Jizos as accessories. I try to get which ever character (or I may use both if I feel like it) to back up Riou as a healer, while still damaging the enemy via magical attacks. Since both characters get 2 MP, if I need it, I can revive multiple characters with multiple mother ocean spells, or I can damage and heal with easy-access rune unites, that I can rely on to work, instead of having to hope that two characters' spells go right after each other. The mother earth runes add extra defense and heal HP, or you could use Cyclone runes to add magic-barrier bonuses. The sacrificial jizos are put in place so that my healers don't die permanently.

Zamza: Fire Dragon*, Fire Sealing*, Fire Lizard*(W). If you don't feel like using fire sealing, you can stack him up with Fire Emblem accessories and add a Double Strike* instead, but it's risky. This setup lets Zamza use his rune unhindered. Another alternative would be to place a Rage rune on him, and use him as an alternate Rina.

Bob: Rabid Fang*, Double Beat*, Rage*(W). This setup takes advantage of Bob's true form. I haven't tried it, but you could try adding a Fury Rune to him to deal more damage, but I don't know if it works in his Lycanthrope form or not.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Gorudo wrote:This is my most recently used party against the Beast Rune. It does tons of damage, can heal forever and with Canopy Defense, it defends against many of the Beast Rune’s attacks. I can always do Storm Fang, if it’s really needed, and the physical damage is downright over-whelming. It’s a good party, but some of my more magic based parties were more fun to use.
With everyone (bar Riou) using Double Strike Rune, I actually thought that it's quite a dodgy party to face the Beast Rune because of receiving x1.5 damage. Other than Riou, all the other characters don't really have much HP at all (especially Rina), and the "physical attack" of Beast Rune cannot be blocked by Canopy Defense (that only works for the Unite attack of Beast Rune). So if you're unlucky, your characters might get KO-ed with 2-3 hits from Beast Rune (which is sensible assumption because Beast Rune can attack 2-3 times/turn using non-Unite attacks).

Seeing that Sid and Chaco already have Fury Runes anyway, I would suggest that the other fighters use Fury Runes as well rather than Double-Strike unless you're really confident with their defense. But overally, still a very good party.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Gorudo

Post by Gorudo »

I was having issues getting Fury runes in that playthrough. I had got all the party, save Riou, to 99, so taking lots of damage wasn't an issue. The stupid status issue with the left leg is the issue.
Kuromimi
Elite Member

Post by Kuromimi »

'The stupid status issue with the left leg is the issue.'

I'm thinking the Earth Armor and Earth Shield protect the wearer from negative status. Not entirely sure, but that might be what 'anti-bat' means. Probably should have been translated as 'anti-stat'?
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

If you are having issues with Fury runes go back to Muse every half hour or so and SAVE before you go to the rune shop. Then reset if there are no fury runes. I got three fury runes that way BEFORE Muse fell. I got another two once I freed the place.
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
Gorudo

Post by Gorudo »

I was doing that, but I was trying to do the Clive Quest at the same time, so I couldn't properly get all the Fury Runes I wanted.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Umm, the time resets when you reset the game. Every time you get to Muse SAVE straight away. Make the Fury Rune your number one priority. You get many chances at the beginning and infinite shots at it later on.

1st, When getting the Amulet for Pilika.
2nd, When coming from the White Deer Inn.
3rd, When coming back from the Muse-Highland border.

If you luck out you might even get TWO Fury runes in one go.
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Gorudo wrote:I was having issues getting Fury runes in that playthrough. I had got all the party, save Riou, to 99, so taking lots of damage wasn't an issue. The stupid status issue with the left leg is the issue.
Ah, if your characters are at level 99, they should be strong enough indeed to survive. But at the same time, I don't see how they could be troubled with the left leg. With so much firepower like that, you should have no problem killing it off in the first turn to immediately get it out of the way, and then kill the other leg to avoid revival.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Gorudo

Post by Gorudo »

I always kill the right leg first. Then the left leg always ends up using that stupid attack, and I get half my party unbalancd, poisoned, or something.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Marshmallow wrote:I don't totally get what you mean with the whole "condition thing". Are you talking about your final battle party, or something else, since Nanami, as far as I know, is unavailable during the last part of the game. If you aren't referring to your final battle party, then what significance does the whole "condition is true/ false" thing have anyway?
heh, he was saying the condition is if Nanami is alive.. if it's true, he had Nanami in the party (formation A) and when Nanami is no longer playable, he used formation B.....
Itchy

Post by Itchy »

Georg Pesmerga/ or Flik Camus
Riou Clive Futch

^^; Im a fan of brute force not much on runes. Sorry....and they're hot (well...not really Georg)... ;)

Georg: Even at the first time you got him, he's as useful as hell, attach killer or counter. He be a cold blooded murderer. I just like using him in the Beast Rune.

Pesmerga: He should really really be the last guy to recruit since his level depends on your current level. The higher your level is the higher is his right? I find him useful too. Sorry I cant find much reasons. I just find him that way.

Camus: I know its really really dumb to do this but I attached a Flowing rune on him since he's one of the best magic users and he already has that Rage installed. Sorry. I know its dumb to put healing and attacking on the same character. =( Cause I use Riou for the damage more than healing.

Riou: Blue Gate, Brigth Shield, Double-beat. I cant really say much. We all think he's the best. Haha.

Clive: He places good physical damage and he can use 3rd power in runes. I always use him whenever I got the chance to use him. Same goes to Camus. I attach the Thunder Rune to him. I always gets lots of thunder runes from them cockatrices. Last time I got five of them. I alaso used the shelf trick, I think I got it here. The one with the two flowing runes.

Futch: I attach him with Thunder and Flowing. He heals too and he's the least to be damaged by the Beast Rune but he's the most sensitive to the status effect magic of the left leg.

Flik: I tried him when I got Pesmerga at a low level. Sad really. But with the Thunder rune. omg. He rocks. His thor shot really kills the boss quick.

Beast Rune Killing strategy of yours truly. =/ Yeap. It could be dumb to others but this is how I managed to kill the thing. Its fun killing it.

Use magic on:
First I used: 4th level blue gate magic on all then I used kindness falls(?) with Camus on them after.

Right leg + Rune. = all thor shots/ 3rd lightning magic (sorry I forgot. =( ) each. Georg would prolly attack the right leg.

If the Rune was already dished out, I would physical attack the right leg and the high magic users start killing the left head. The right head has less damage than the left. At this point the right leg would die too. Then the rune would no longer be reincarnated so I focus all my magic and strike at the left head.

Then attack the left leg but Riou would use great blessing to remove the status cause he's the least to get unfriendly, I think. I don't know, it simply depends.

The right head is definately the most useless in the whole beast rune. It only damages you poorly so you can attack it directly with anything you can hit it with then it would finally get destroyed.

The fastest time I was able to kill this thing was around 10-15 mins.

I doubt this helped but I hope for a tiny bit it did. Please don't hurt me. I wish I had suikoden manga...
Blacken

Post by Blacken »

I haven't beaten the game forever, but I remember my personal favorite party for generalized booting of the Beast Rune's backside.

Viktor Georg Pesmerga
Flik Riou McDohl

Viktor and Flik: I did this in the first game with Alen and Grenseal (and, in earlier battles, Miklotov and Camus). Viktor, in the front, can dish out a bunch of damage with a regular attack. Flik lights things up with a Thunder Rune and whatever else I care to stick on him. If Flik doesn't have a spell to cast, I'll use Cross ATK. And, in addition to the numerical poundage these boys throw out, they're just plain cool. If I remember to add the Fire Sealing rune to Viktor, he becomes a lot better in this fight (the Beast Rune's giant flaming sword won't harm him).

Georg: This is a sort of "come on!" slot. While he looks incredibly, incredibly goofy (as I paraphrase from a GameFAQs FAQ, his clothes scream "brown," which is something that should be said quietly), he can toss purely insane levels of damage. Also fairly good with his defense.

Pesmerga: Another "come on!" choice. With a damage throwdown somewhere around "crazy" and a buff set of (sadly nonremovable) equipment, he can absorb pretty much everything the Beast Rune can hit him with, then get healed reasonably quick and return to killing. Plus, he just looks awesome.

Riou: Obviously required. Bright Shield, Flowing, and, if I don't have a Fire Sealing, a Resurrection Rune or Double Beat. He's my healer and can throw down if necessary. Since when he has the Fire Sealing he's the one that survives longest, his throwing down usually is necessary.

McDohl: Oh, come on now. He's got the Soul Eater and has the defense of a front-liner. He's a murderous tank.
Gorudo

Post by Gorudo »

My latest party, after killing the Beast Rune for the umpteenth time.

(Front, Left to Right)
Sid: Fury, Double-Beat, Killer, Friendship (Weapon)
Chaco: Fury, Double-Beat, Killer, Kindness (Weapon
Killey: Fury, Double-Beat, Violence, Thunder (Weapon)

(Back, Left to Right)
Mazus: Blue Gate, Thunder, Rage
Riou: Flowing, Bright Shield, Cyclone
Luc: Flowing, Cyclone, Mother Earth

Sid: Three rune slots, fast, is a winger
Chaco: Three rune slots, fast, is a winger
Killey: Three rune slots, good strength, decent defense and HP. Tough choice between him and Sheena though

Mazus: Good magic, though I really used him just for the sake of Rune unites
Riou: Duh
Luc: Great magic, fast, rune unites. Pulling off Storm Fang and Water Dragon in one battle is awesome. Nuff said.

After finishing the Clive quest, I decided to leave my game on for a week straight. Yup, Chaco did a lot of damage. Sid and Chaco have good Tech and Luck so were getting plenty of multiple hits and Criticals in there. On a good round, Chaco on his own would get around 3000 damage, at level 63. Sid was being crappy with his criticals, so didn't do nearly as well. Killey did about normal.

Mazus just used Blazing Camp, Riou used Forgiver Sign, Luc used Storm Fang, and I basically killed the Right Leg and the Rune first round. Rather simple, if I must say so myself.

My next play through I'm considering Flik, Kahn, Tir, Luc, Mazus, and Riou, just to see how many rune unites I can do. :wink:
Giga_Futch

Post by Giga_Futch »

I just recently beat the Beast Rune(Final Boss) for about the twentieth time and I used a few characters that aren't really used much, I've noticed that many people used Pesmerga,Viktor,Mazus, and Flik, I myself used a few of those the first maybe two times,but I decided to experiment with others. In the most recent game my formation was:

Riou Hix Luc
Futch Koyu Sasuke

all of their speeds are about the same, except for Koyu, his was a lot higher with the gale rune on, and quite abit lower with it off, so I had to give him some speed enhancing equipment, just to make things fair

Riou was at level 61 and the others were at level 60. Riou's was the primary healer but his healing powers werent needed much so he was mostly used for attack.I had Riou equipped with a Silver Hat and A Master Garb, for his accesories he had a Thunder amulet,Cape of Darkness,and Healing Wind scrolls X4(or maybe it was 3, I can't remember if I used one during the battle or not) my rune selection for him was
Head - Fury
Right - Bright Shield
Left - Resurrection
and on his weapon was a water rune

Hix was my primary attacker and the exertion rune helped greatly by increasing his attack for the first few turns. His equipment was a Wind Hat and a Master Garb as well as an Earth Shield. His accesories consisted of a Fire Emblem,Magic Ring and Chirashi-ZushiX3. He had a killer rune on his right-hand because that was the only open rune slot . And on his weapon he had an exertion rune as I mentioned above.

Luc was my top-notch Magic User. I also enhanced his attack with a few things, and his damage was only about 30 points of damage less than koyu's. Luc was equipped with a wind hat and the Robe of Mist. For accesories he had the speed ring (cannot un-equip), a goldlet, and a Fire emblem. His rune formation was:

Head - Fury
Right - Cyclone
Left - Killer
and on his staff he had a Mother Earth rune

Futch was used for support primarily and attack seconarily. Futch is my favorite character so I just had to bring him along. He was equipped with a Horned Helmet, Silver Armor, and A silver shield. For accesories he ad obento X3, fire emblem and a guard ring. His Rune formation is a sfollows:

Head - none (not available)
Right - Mother Earth
Left - Double-Beat
weapon- Fire

I used the magic stone found in L'renouille on Futch, so happily his Magic reached over 100 by the final boss

Koyu was used for Magic. though his magic was the worst I wanted him to have a way of attacking all five parts. His equipment was a Wind Hat, and Earth Armor, Hi accesories were the wind amulet, fire emblem, and a darkness cape. The rune I put on him was the darkness rune which was on his right hand. I took his gale rune off so that his spped wasnt too much higher than the others. but I gave him the wind hat and wind amulet to help his speed increase

Sasuke was great because after a critical hit he usually attacks again once or twice. I left the Killer rune he had on his right hand for that purose. I equipped him with a silver hat and the Dream Robe, which makes him impervious to physical attacks. for accesories I gave him the Fire Emblem Cape of Darkness and a Guard ring. On his shruiken I gave him a lightning rune

I found the Battle quite easy with this party, It only took around 8 to 10 rounds. I suffered no fatalities and didn't need to heal much. Much to my surprise the person who suffered the most damage from atttacks was Riou. I first focused on killing the Left leg and rune, I used Koyus darkness run, and with the Final bell attack I focused on the legs, Hix Riou and Sasuke attacked the rune, and Futch used canopy defense, but after the first turn Futch becam confused, but luckily hes used Gaurdian Earth. ANd I just continued to Attack and Have Luc use THe Shredding, and Shining Wind once. Riou used Battle oath on about the 6th round, and the only person not beserk was Hix. And I soon defeated the large wolf, yay!
Giga_Futch

Post by Giga_Futch »

any type of comment is appreciated, good or bad